Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Springfield, MA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Springfield, MA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2014, 3:39 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by NBSPGMEMBER
might be doable.
Just barely. Hotel is old, immediate area is dead/sketchy. If all you're looking for is a clean place to spend the night, you'll be okay. Otherwise, look elsewhere.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 4:29 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
Have stayed here many times. Have also stayed at the Sheraton Bradley several times. They are both pretty close to 6 Flags.

Though I haven't stayed here very recently, a hotel has always been acceptable. Clean, comfortable, service is okay, and there is a pretty decent sports pub in the hotel with popcorn (a personal favorite). As mentioned, it is in downtown Springfield which is pretty dead after hours. Probably during the day too.

It gets the job done.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
sbtinme is spot on when it comes to Sheraton Hotels, I really respect his opinion on the subject and if he says it's bad it must be. Maybe I should just keep on driving and stay elsewhere and use some of my IHG points. Bummer... since Six Flags NE was just 10 minutes away from this joint.

Last edited by NBSPGMEMBER; Sep 18, 2014 at 9:32 pm
Old Sep 18, 2014, 7:22 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I stay here a few times a year. It is usually for just one night but sometimes two. It is dated but I find the staff to be good. Lounge is better than many. When I stay, I arrive early evening and leave first thing. I don't leave the hotel and the area is not that great anyway. It is a very easy drive to Six Flags. In a nutshell - I've seen a lot worse and I've seen a lot better. And I find the rates very reasonable.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 6:32 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
So we finally stayed here last weekend. The staff was nicer overall than I thought it would be, especially considering... We got a king bed suite on the 4th floor, but we had a reservation for a club level room with 2 double beds using Starpoints. We needed 2 beds, but the suite given only had a king bed and a couch (no cot), I was not impressed. The hotel was overbooked on Saturday, but we finally got our room on Sunday night. I was able to park near the hotel for free over the weekend, the area is indeed dead during the weekend, but nothing too sketchy IMHO. There's some beautiful architecture around Springfield; nice. The club lounge was just so-so, but then again I haven't seen a decent club lounge since the 2008 downturn... The hotel was clean enough but in need of a renovation, both our rooms were quite worn-out and not renovated since... who knows. It was super hot inside the room as the central A/C was off for the season, alas the window does not open. I might return, but frankly it's not very likely, I had trouble sleeping since I can't sleep when a room is too hot.

Last edited by NBSPGMEMBER; Oct 22, 2014 at 6:05 pm
Old Mar 17, 2015, 9:50 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Anyone have an update?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 5:19 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Marginal, as always

I have stayed here on and off over the last 20 years. This place just is stuck in the 1980s. The physical plant continues to be in rough shape, my rooms here always have peeling wallpaper, cheap pressboard laminate furniture, unacceptably bad HVAC, and the crummiest club lounge in North America. This hotel seeks to meet only the most minimum of Starwood brand standards and nothing further.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 7:48 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
I'm here right now. This place is eerily quiet. It seems like there is hardly anyone here. Just a couple people in the restaurant and one person in the bar. Lounge was decent. Rooms are in need of a refresh. Friendly staff. And, it's not their fault, but a lot of noise from I-91.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 6:06 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Back again for first time in 2 1/2 years. I was given a recently remodeled corner room, away from I-91. Room is quiet, comfortable. Staff, again, very friendly. Hotel is DEAD and the rate is really low. With the Marriott across the street (supposedly) leaving the fold, I wonder if that portends an uptick in business here.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 11:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Any recent stays?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.