Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort, Spain, 2005 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort, Spain, 2005 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2016, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
double

Last edited by offerendum; May 4, 2016 at 4:58 pm
Old May 5, 2016, 12:27 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Fantastic TR offerendum - thank you!

I have to say, the grounds of the property look incredible - BUT - having stayed at other SR's, the pics of the room leave me feeling a little underwhelmed. This property has long been on my Bucket List, but perhaps just fell a couple notches after seeing the room...
Old May 5, 2016, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by JK
Fantastic TR offerendum - thank you!

I have to say, the grounds of the property look incredible - BUT - having stayed at other SR's, the pics of the room leave me feeling a little underwhelmed. This property has long been on my Bucket List, but perhaps just fell a couple notches after seeing the room...
Didn´t found the room that bad, it was OK. But for example the Belmond La Residencia has nicer rooms (at least the suites).
Old Jun 6, 2016, 11:09 pm

Programs: United 1P; AA Gold; National EE; SPG Plat; HH Gold; Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by offerendum
Didn´t found the room that bad, it was OK. But for example the Belmond La Residencia has nicer rooms (at least the suites).
Fantastic reviews of Mallorca - I stayed at the Son Vida but from your review, I feel like I made a mistake and should have stayed here.

Having stayed and reviewed both, which would you choose if it was one or the other?
Old Jun 7, 2016, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dagrin
Having stayed and reviewed both, which would you choose if it was one or the other?
Thanks! Without doubt St. Regis. It´s the better hotel in every way.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 2:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
We just finished a two week stay at the St. Regis Mardavall, in the Blue Oasis suite.

It's a very close call whether this property, or the St. Regis Bali, is the best Starwood we've ever stayed in. We'll definitely come back.

If I have time this week, I'll post a full trip report.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 7:47 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Originally Posted by d'Yquem
We just finished a two week stay at the St. Regis Mardavall, in the Blue Oasis suite.

It's a very close call whether this property, or the St. Regis Bali, is the best Starwood we've ever stayed in. We'll definitely come back.

If I have time this week, I'll post a full trip report.
Wow, that's very high praise! This property is at the very top of the 'next destination' list, so would love to see your TR, or get some insight to what makes it so amazing. Might even try and sneak in this weekend!

/JK
Old Mar 27, 2017, 12:56 pm

Hi all. Looking to book a St. Regis resort and narrowed it to down Mallorca or Punta Mita. Any Thoughts? Was thinking August/September for Mallorca or January/February for Mexico.

We've stayed at the St Regis Bali, Princeville, SF, NYC & Deer Valley and enjoyed them considerably. We typically stay active at the resorts. In Bali and Princeville we were in the water and at the beach. At Deer Valley, we were on the slopes. And SF/NYC are busy cities. But I'm not exactly sure what we would be doing with our time at the Mallorca resort? Any thoughts? At Punta Mita, I figure we'd be in the water. But what do people do at the Mallorca resort? It doesn't seem to have a beach..or any other specific activity that would take up our days. Any thoughts?

Any other St.Regis resorts you'd suggest instead of these two? Thanks again.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by Mangus
Hi all. Looking to book a St. Regis resort and narrowed it to down Mallorca or Punta Mita. Any Thoughts? Was thinking August/September for Mallorca or January/February for Mexico.

We've stayed at the St Regis Bali, Princeville, SF, NYC & Deer Valley and enjoyed them considerably. We typically stay active at the resorts. In Bali and Princeville we were in the water and at the beach. At Deer Valley, we were on the slopes. And SF/NYC are busy cities. But I'm not exactly sure what we would be doing with our time at the Mallorca resort? Any thoughts? At Punta Mita, I figure we'd be in the water. But what do people do at the Mallorca resort? It doesn't seem to have a beach..or any other specific activity that would take up our days. Any thoughts?

Any other St.Regis resorts you'd suggest instead of these two? Thanks again.
Where would you be coming from? I've been the both and they are very different, so a lot of it depends on what you want to do. We had a fabulous time in Mallorca (there are lots of different cities to visit, great restaurants, amazing coastline drives, etc.), but it's very far from the US and it was extremely expensive. It's also right on the water, but the "beach" is not really a resort beach. You can walk down to it, but there is no beach service, chairs, etc., so it's primarily a pool resort despite being right on the water. We spent a day and a half at the resort, but for the rest of the week we were out exploring the island, and still didn't get to see half of what we were interested in. You can also do day trips to the other nearby islands. So there would be no shortage of activities/day trips for a week long trip.

Punta Mita, on the other hand, is much more laid back. There are some nearby surfing spots, you can zipline, take ATV tours, fish, go whale watching, snorkling etc., but it's best for relaxing by the beach, playing golf, and doing some light shopping with as few or as many activities as you want sprinkled in.

Mallorca has certainly suffered from over-development, but it was beautiful and still definitely worth a trip at some point. That said, I don't know that we'll ever go back because of the distance and cost. Punta Mita (just focusing on the resort) is nicer, much closer and cheaper.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spgplat21
Where would you be coming from?
That´s the point. Mallorca is in August totally overpriced, at the moment it´s even hard to get a room. Many "classical" European Holiday-destinations like Egypt and Turkey don´t count as save or favourable to many people so the choose Mallorca. Beach at Mardavall is indeed nothing to write home about (see my pictures in post 60).
Old Jun 15, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Any recent stays at this property? I will be going for a few days in March 2018 and specifically wanted to know what rooms platinum's got upgraded to? Guessing maybe since it is off peak season my chances will increase.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: United Platinum, AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Any recent stays at this property? I will be going for a few days in March 2018 and specifically wanted to know what rooms platinum's got upgraded to? Guessing maybe since it is off peak season my chances will increase.
We are going for two days at the end of the week, and the g/f is plat, so can report back as to the upgrade situation.

Does anyone know if they still have the free self park available?

Otherwise I am excited - managed to snag a deal.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OhioExile
Does anyone know if they still have the free self park available?
No, you can do self-parking (garage is not great) but you have to pay for it (in 2016). Only hotel on Mallorca I visited who did (also valet)
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: United Platinum, AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
FWIW, they allowed me to park outside for free. Mid-September, weekend-ish stay, so not sure what that means in the long run.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
For past visitors to the hotel - did you rent a car to get around on the island? I try to go car-free on trips but it seems like the taxi fares will just add up otherwise. Thx.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.