Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort, Spain, 2005 on [Master Thread]

The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort, Spain, 2005 on [Master Thread]

Old May 2, 05, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Arrow The St. Regis Mardavall Mallorca Resort, Spain, 2005 on [Master Thread]

I am planing a trip to the Mardavall Hotel in august using my spg points. Can any one tell me what to expect at the hotel. Do we need to rent a car?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Old May 2, 05, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by 87155
I am planing a trip to the Mardavall Hotel in august using my spg points. Can any one tell me what to expect at the hotel. Do we need to rent a car?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!!

A fantastic hotel.

As Plat was upgraded to a Jns Suite. Very very nice.

You will need a car if you want to explore the Island. I was there for a few days and used cabs, but if I went back would rent a car.

Have a great time.

Word of warning. If you take a kid they will charge you 140 euros a night .
Old May 2, 05, 4:27 pm

We stayed a couple of years ago. Excellent property. You should rent a car to get around. It is a very big island.

Regarding kids, if you ask for a rollaway bed they will charge you about 140 eurors. They have kids club and feed your child lunch and dinner for free.
Old May 3, 05, 7:36 am

Programs: FB Plt; LH Sen // HH Dia; Marriott LTPP
I stayed there one month ago. The hotel is fantastic (service, rooms (was upgraded to a Junior Suite), garden with pools, health club, food, etc.).

You'll need a car if you want to explore the island. Parking was free of charge.
If you plan to stay in the hotel only without exploring the island, you should take a cab or ask the hotel about sending a car for pickup. This will be cheaper compared to a car rental.
There is a supermarket not far away from the hotel (maybe 10min to walk).

If you play golf, the hotel operates a free shuttle to some golf courses.
Old Jun 14, 05, 8:15 am

Programs: World Perks
I am checking out this hotel for a stay in September of this year. The best rate I can find is "Luxury Romance" but lists a single bed. Seems kind of counter-intuitive. Is the bed big enough for two people or do I have to pay Euro 120 more per night to get two twins pushed together as a King?
Old Jun 14, 05, 10:59 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by BOTLY
I am checking out this hotel for a stay in September of this year. The best rate I can find is "Luxury Romance" but lists a single bed. Seems kind of counter-intuitive. Is the bed big enough for two people or do I have to pay Euro 120 more per night to get two twins pushed together as a King?
Why not call the folks at The Luxury Collection and ask them? 800-325-3589.
Best of luck.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Jun 14, 05, 11:06 am

Programs: HYATT-Nothingness; Starwood-Nothingness; AA-Nothingness
The single beds are tiny and (my experience) there is two in one room. I dont believe that the beds can be pushed together because there is a heavy nightstand that seperates them and I feel that the beds are fixed to the wall directly anyway (there are lights, etc that are hooked into the bed). Also, if you are a Platinum and it is not during the busy season you should have no problem getting a larger room and the larger bed that you are seeking.
Old Oct 24, 05, 6:07 am

Based on the glowing review here, we are planning a short stay in Mardavall in early Nov. Is it worth renting a car from Palma airport? How is the road from the airport to Mardavall hotel? Is Palma far from this hotel? Thank you.
Old Oct 24, 05, 2:55 pm

Programs: Aeropolan Super Elite SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
Mardavall - Wonderful

Originally Posted by LH-AC
Based on the glowing review here, we are planning a short stay in Mardavall in early Nov. Is it worth renting a car from Palma airport? How is the road from the airport to Mardavall hotel? Is Palma far from this hotel? Thank you.
We stayed there in September for three short days - I could have stayed a month! This is a most beautiful hotel, the rooms, thr grounds, the spa, the staff and eve the guest are beautiful - well most of them!

The road is good, but bery busy in parts. the resort is outside of town, however the taxi service is quick (but not cheap) and efficient. We also rented a scooter and they pick you up and drop you off - great service.

If you are an experienced Euro driver, rent a car there is so much to see. if you are a North American (I'm Canadian) take a cab and rent a scooter!

have fun
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 24, 05, 5:38 pm

Programs: HYATT-Nothingness; Starwood-Nothingness; AA-Nothingness
Originally Posted by LH-AC
I would strongly recommend a car - no matter where you are from. The resort is some distance from the airport, and the center of town. It is also essential to see more remote part of the island - particularly if you are going during off season where the public transport may not be running as frequently. Ive always rented from PMI (airport) from Sixt and never had troubles.
Old Oct 24, 05, 9:05 pm

Thank you gbeaumont (I'm also Canadian) and AA_SPG_Fan for the info. We may rent a car because we stay only 2 nights and would like to be able to explore as much of Palma as possible without having to rely on public transportation (I hear it's rather unreliable). Looking forward to being at the hotel (I hope they are generous with upgrades - I'm Platinum) and the surrounding area. We'll be there the first weekend in Nov.
Old Feb 14, 06, 1:29 pm

5 nights too much?

I have the Mardaval booked under the old award rate 12k/night, and would like to take advantage of the 5th night free, but is there enough to do in Marllorca to keep a couple in their late 20s occupied?
Old Feb 14, 06, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by TraveltheWorld
I have the Mardaval booked under the old award rate 12k/night, and would like to take advantage of the 5th night free, but is there enough to do in Marllorca to keep a couple in their late 20s occupied?

if I had a res for the Mardavall at 12K I would Keep it.

A fantastic hotel. Not sure about things to doo but the Mardavall itself will be a great experience.

Good place to eat just up the road Maison San Caliu or something like that. Giv it a go.
Old Feb 15, 06, 1:28 am

Programs: FB Plt; LH Sen // HH Dia; Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by TraveltheWorld
- If you are interested in sceneries, then you can make several day trips around the island.
- If you are interested in golf, then you can use the hotel shuttle to drive to the golf courts (around the ArabellaSheraton Son Vida).
- The hotel grounds (garden, SPA) are fantastic to just close the eyes and relax.
Old May 18, 06, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM
Anyone have experience going from the airport to the Mardavall Hotel via taxi? I am flying there for a business dinner and meeting the following day (boy do I love my work), but even the hotel was pretty vague about the cost of a taxi. Given that I travel to Europe regularly, I have a stash of Euros, but I hate being caught short when I find out the taxi is 4x what I expected (as has happened with some airport runs in European cities).

Search this Thread