Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Golf Parco de' Medici Hotel, Rome, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Golf Parco de' Medici Hotel, Rome, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2011, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Any updates for this property? I was thinking of staying soon and the prices are super cheap. Over €40 per night cheaper than the Sheraton Roma. Any idea why?
Old Jun 20, 2011, 1:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy AMB/LTE , Diamond HH, SEN LH
I´ll stay in July for 77€ per night incl. breakfast. Is a BRG. This is cheap.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
any updates on this property?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:23 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Any recent stays? I am thinking of staying here my last night in Rome before we fly out the next morning. We will be getting in late from Florence so not sure I want to waste the points or $$ to stay in the center of Rome (we are spending 4 nights at the St. Regis earlier in the week). If it really is that bad I don't want it to ruin my whole trip either. Thoughts? Sheraton Rome does not have rooms available my dates or we would stay there
Old Jan 8, 2013, 12:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
I was there last night. Not too happy - but ok for the price. The hotel is for late arrivals/early departures but one needs either a car to go there or the hotel shuttle (not sure how much it costs). It's about 20 minutes drive via Autostrada. Parking if free of charge.

The hotel consists of two buildings - distance between the two receptions is about 300 metres. Needless to say that I went to the wrong one. Staff at check-in was not too convincing - neither was the breakfast. The room was large enough but the hotel was nothing special. "OK" but not more. Ah yes, and, there is NO water cooker in the room and no club lounge and only one small bottle of water in the room. I was anything but happy with this.

I am curious if there is really a 3 EUR city tax per person/night on top of the "total price including taxes" which was confirmed on my SPG booking. Was charged 3 EUR extra!

Last edited by TallestHotelInJapan; Jan 8, 2013 at 12:53 pm
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:11 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Which Sheraton hotel is closer to the airport, or are they both pretty much equal in that regard?

I have an early morning flight ex FCO so that will be the deciding factor for me.

Thanks
Old Apr 11, 2013, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by Downunder girl
Which Sheraton hotel is closer to the airport, or are they both pretty much equal in that regard?

I have an early morning flight ex FCO so that will be the deciding factor for me.

Thanks
Hoping that someone with info can answer my post above please?

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:42 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Downunder girl
Hoping that someone with info can answer my post above please?

Thanks in advance
Downunder girl - I just went to the spy site and did a "map view" of the hotels. It looks like the Parco de' Medici is definitely closer to FCO than any other *wood hotel. Everything else looks "downtown."
Old Apr 11, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
The Golf Parco is unquestionably closer to the airport than any other SPG property. That said, if you're flying out early it actually doesn't make much difference. I was enjoying my stay at the Westin Excelsior but switched to the Golf Parco for the last night as my flight went wheels up at 09h00 or thereabouts.

In the end it was a waste of time and I don't feel I saved any effort by switching. If you really want a hotel that's close to FCO, stay at the Hilton which is attached to the airport by a tunnel.

The Golf Parco is a nice hotel. I had hardwood floors in my room which I liked and the room was a decent size. But I just prefer the location of the Excelsior as it offered the opportunity to linger just a little bit more in Rome. Once you decide to head to the Golf Parco at night, that pretty much defines the end of your evening as there's not much in the area of the Golf.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I should add that the Golf Parco is not particularly close to FCO. You still need to budget time for transfer from hotel to airport. And there's no airport shuttle either (or at least there wasn't when I was there). They just call a taxi for you. The only shuttle the Golf has is one that gets you from downtown Rome to the hotel.

As I said, if you want a hotel that's close to FCO, take the Hilton.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 7:22 am

Thank you to everyone who replied. Very valid points
Old Jun 16, 2013, 4:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by RCyyz

As I said, if you want a hotel that's close to FCO, take the Hilton.
Or the HGI! Can also rent sometimes a car for the small money and drive to the Medico Sheraton. That what I did sometimes because was still lower the rate + rental car than the overexpensive Hilto
Old Jul 27, 2013, 3:04 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
T&C state free rollaways and cribs. Can anyone confirm?
Old Apr 14, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
About to stay here tomorrow. Already not happy based on my pre-arrival correspondence with the front desk.

Had planned to take the hotel’s 3 eur shuttle from the metro line B - as listed on the website. Contacted to confirm details and time per their website only to receive notice that it’s only for guests who have checked in already. What? Asked for clarification only to be told:

” For the shuttle service from metro B I am sorry but it is a security issue, to take the shuttle the guests should show the room key to the driver.
Really sorry about that.
For the taxi I don’t know the exact cost, but I can say that is not far because is 15 minutes by car.“

Don’t reallt understand that given I should just be able to show my SPG app or reservation confirmation. I also asked for a specific estimate of how much it should cost. No help there.

Also FYI (and I knew this before I booked, but would likely catch many by surprise) - the airport shuttle only runs 1 way at 7:30a and 8:30a at a cost of 8 eur. So we will likely take a car service since my colleagues flight is earlier.

Anyone have any luck with this hotel and shuttles recently?
Old Apr 15, 2018, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is a hotel in suburban location best suited for guest with owner transportation, i.e. rental cars.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.