Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Golf Parco de' Medici Hotel, Rome, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Golf Parco de' Medici Hotel, Rome, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2021, 2:30 pm

Programs: HHonor Diamond, SPG Plat100, HGP Plat, AF Plat, *A G (A3)
Anyone has an idea what this property would be like after the Covid nightmare?
Old Jun 8, 2022, 4:54 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
About the shuttle bus, as per the website right now it states:

Shuttle Bus Service
In compliance with the Ministry of Health's Guidelines, we hereby communicate that Shuttle service for guests, from the hotel to the City Centre, Metro Station and to Euroma2 Shopping Centre, has been suspended. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I called them and they confirmed it is not in operation yet. That makes it sound like it be coming back.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 8:17 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Sheraton Parco de\' Medici Rome Hotel

Sheraton Parco de' Medici Rome Hotel

1 Review | 0% Recommended

Viale Salvatore Rebecchini 39 Rome, IT 00148

Sheraton Parco de' Medici Rome Hotel (9 Photos)

I would only use this hotel again if it is really cheap and I am pinching pennies. Otherwise I will choose another one of the many Bonvoy properties in Rome. I stayed here for 1 night in June 2022.

This property seems to cater to a lot of tourist groups on cruises, etc. 

Overall I felt like I had entered in a time machine. The hotel generally feels like 1990s Sheraton.

I also had a problem on checkout with getting a correct invoice. 

Check In

I took a taxi from FCO for 31 EUR around 9 PM. I was dropped off at a reception from the hotel. Apparently it was the wrong entrance, I was thoroughly confused by the situation. The hotel had a shuttle bus take me to another reception.

I was not really given any special greeting. My keys were already prepared. 

I had booked a standard room and was upgraded to a named room, Oak HIll.

I was offered points or breakfast. Unfortunately I chose the breakfast.

The hotel has so far not managed to provide me with a proper invoice. They keep emailing me a blank invoice. I recommend that you get your invoice before leaving the property and not rely upon electronic check ou.t

Room

The room was probably the best part of the overall experience. I liked the hardwood floors, comfortable bed and strong water pressure.

There was no in room amenity, welcome note or anything like that for an Ambassador member.

9AE925FF-5768-4565-9BDB-E6F2954D772E.jpegEC645CCD-3C03-4B3D-882D-917528BDAF6E.jpeg212CDFB4-0CB5-4B50-95A9-35F4C0E34461.jpeg55EF87D4-9766-4162-8450-B8CE1581A076.jpegE3EAF865-03E1-4CBB-976B-9ACFBAA0F81A.jpeg67BAF087-ED29-497C-A75A-85F68C61E422.jpeg

Dining

This hotel had perhaps the worst buffer breakfast that I have experienced in many years. The scrambled eggs were not only runny but cold. After I complained they removed them from the buffet. A couple of minutes later I was brought a big mound of runny eggs on a plate that was apparently the same old eggs after running through a microwave.

The selection of food is of basic quality and overall nothing to write about.

I was made a good coffee upon request.

Overall the breakfast experience is what makes me not recommend this hotel.

I also sat at the bar after checking in. The service at the bar was fine. However, overall the lobby area lacks ambience.

9A3D30CD-BCB0-4408-8A98-8CAF841FCA60.jpegAE7D3F45-05C2-4087-BB17-A7685D436D5A.jpeg

This property is kind of convenient to the airport, but is certainly not an airport hotel. There is also nothing of interest around it.

The property seems to have nice outdoor areas for weddings and other similar events. There was a wedding being setup during my stay.

The nearest train station is quite far away (10 miutes or 13 EUR by taxi). I think this property is best suited for those with a car. It was unclear to me if it would be possible to walk to the train station, since it is on the other side of a motorway. The hotel told me I had to take a taxi. Given the 35 C heat I did not argue with them.

4734C224-2F00-4A88-9AD5-B9CF3546515D.jpeg

Would you like to write a review on the Sheraton Parco de' Medici Rome Hotel?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jul 16, 2023, 5:31 am

What is the status of the three buildings that make up the hotel?
Are they all still in operation?
Google Street View shows big signs out front of the three buildings labeling them as 1, 2 and 3 as noted below:

Building 1 seems to be in operation in images dated July 2022 on Google Street View
Building 2, about 1/2 mile west along a desolate service road, seems to be in operation in images dated April 2023 on Google Street View
Building 3, directly across the street from Building 2, appears to have a giant tarp over the sign in images dated July 2022, but the tarp seems to have been taken down in a more distant view dated April 2023, so that wing also appears to also be in operation

The signs label Buildings 1 & 2 both as "Sheraton Golf Parco de' Medici Hotel & Resort," but the sign outside Building 3 has clearly had all the letters for the final five words ripped from the marble, so it just says "Sheraton Golf" with tons of blank space and scars from where the letters were removed:

Are all three wings currently operating?

Last edited by James Luckard; Jul 16, 2023 at 5:39 am
Old Jul 16, 2023, 2:18 pm

Each of the three buildings that constitute the hotel complex is really a standalone hotel.

They all sit on unconnected plots of land. Two are across a traffic circle from each other, but the third is half a mile away. Each hotel building has its own totally separate street entrance, its own lobby, its own restaurant, its own meeting facilities.

The original plan by the developers MUST have been for them to be franchised to different chains as three individual, entirely unrelated hotels. It would seem insane to build all these facilities in triplicate for no reason, but they did it.

I've never seen anything like this anywhere else - three fully self-sufficient adjacent hotels, built all at the same time, but marketed as a single hotel.

The only thing I can think of that's slightly similar is the Sheraton San Diego. It has a western tower about 1000 ft away from the main wing that used to be a totally separate Sheraton property. However the smaller tower was built 3 or 4 years before the newer main wing.

It must be SUPER confusing to anyone arriving or departing. The website doesn't even make it clear which hotel structure is the primary one. Or do they all have check-in desks and such? How would people even know which hotel building their rooms are assigned in.

Can anyone explain how the process works between the three buildings?

Last edited by James Luckard; Jul 17, 2023 at 2:40 am
Old Jul 17, 2023, 2:37 am

Perhaps there was some strange local zoning law that wouldn't let them build one 800-room hotel, as they presumably would have done, to meet demand, but allowed them to build three smaller hotels totaling 800 rooms...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.