Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Golf Parco de' Medici Hotel, Rome, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Golf Parco de' Medici Hotel, Rome, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2004, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the information! It does just seem inaccessible & you confirmed it for me - thanks!
Old Feb 4, 2008, 10:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Sheraton Golf Parco de Medici Hotel, ROME

Anyone has recent stay experience at this hotel. How good is their shuttle system to Rome City center? How easy/difficult to travel from train station or airport to this hotel? Any good room upgrade for Platinum member? Please share your experience. Thanks
Old Feb 5, 2008, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by jlcchien
NO one has recent stay experience?
My stay is some time ago ... had a couple of nights and will go back!
It's a nice hotel, somewhat remote .. near/by autostrada.
I am gold and got a nice big room facing the golf course.
The shuttle to the city works fine. I had a rental car bur left the car at the hotel parking, which was free.
I recognized that they had 2 buildings about 1 km away from each other. I was in the one with golf, haven't seen the other building from inside, was under renovation.
As said before, I go back ... the hotel is nice, clean and airy. My room was almost double the "normal" rooms.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 8:19 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA PLAT
I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last year. It is new, located on a golf course, and nice. It is very convenient if you are flying in or out of Rome. The shuttle to downtown is fine but does not run as frequently as the one from the Sheraton Roma. The restaurant is good and the breakfast is great. Of all the hotels located outside of the city center, this one is our favorite. We were upgraded both stays. If you have specific questions, I am happy to try to answer them.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 9:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Addicted to Points
I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last year. It is new, located on a golf course, and nice. It is very convenient if you are flying in or out of Rome. The shuttle to downtown is fine but does not run as frequently as the one from the Sheraton Roma. The restaurant is good and the breakfast is great. Of all the hotels located outside of the city center, this one is our favorite. We were upgraded both stays. If you have specific questions, I am happy to try to answer them.
I am trying to decide between this hotel and Sheraton Roma. Which one do you like better?
Old Sep 6, 2008, 9:15 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
Originally Posted by jlcchien
I am trying to decide between this hotel and Sheraton Roma. Which one do you like better?
We're also considering either of the 2 Sheratons for 1 night on arrival in Rome (both have similar rates).

From my research so far, it looks like :
- The Sheraton Roma has the most convenient access to town (more frequent shuttles + access by metro)
- The Sheraton Golf has slightly better reviews but offers limited acess to town

Can anyone offer a more detailed comparison between the two ?

Thanks in advance,
Yann
Old Sep 6, 2008, 10:42 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by yann
- The Sheraton Roma has the most convenient access to town (more frequent shuttles + access by metro)Yann
As you can see, 5 min to walk for the metro:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...00&postcount=3
Old Sep 7, 2008, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
As you can see, 5 min to walk for the metro:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...00&postcount=3
Thanks, but let me rephrase my enquiry : how do rooms & facilities (without considering upgrades) compare at these 2 hotels ?

Based on the pictures posted on Tripadvisor, the Sheraton Golf seems to look much better :
- Sheraton Roma
- Sheraton Golf
Old Nov 2, 2008, 2:20 am

We ended up booking this hotel for our first night in Rome (subsequent nights will be at the Eden).

My questions now are :
- How much should we expect to pay for a taxi from the airport ?
- How punctual is the shuttle bus (especially when returning from downtown) ?
- How easy/difficult is it to get from this hotel to the Eden, using the shuttle bus or otherwise ?

Thanks,
Yann

Last edited by yann; Nov 2, 2008 at 2:31 am
Old Nov 15, 2008, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by yann
We ended up booking this hotel for our first night in Rome (subsequent nights will be at the Eden).

My questions now are :
- How much should we expect to pay for a taxi from the airport ?
- How punctual is the shuttle bus (especially when returning from downtown) ?
- How easy/difficult is it to get from this hotel to the Eden, using the shuttle bus or otherwise ?

Thanks,
Yann
Having returned from Rome, let me answer my own questions :
- Taxi from the airport costs ~30€, which IMO makes it worthless to stay out so far out of town, considering it costs 40€ to get into town.
- The shuttle bus runs more or less on time. There is no shuttle from the airport, though, unlike what the website states.
- Getting from the Sheraton Golf to the Eden was easy enough, using buses (n° 95 or 175).

All in all, I would not recommend staying at that hotel if one does not have a car.
Old May 3, 2009, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Exclamation Poor experience at Parco de' Medici

Just got back from my first (and last) stay at the Parco de' Medici.

Took a cab to the hotel, cost was around 30 Euro, not horrible. Check-in, get it sorted out (was using points), get my room card. Go upstairs, try the room, key doesn't work. Turns out that after I left the counter, they thought there was a problem with the points and cancelled the key.

Go back to counter, get it straightened out. Get another room assignment (why they couldn't just give me the same room number is beyond me...). Anyway, get this room card, open the door, and loandbehold, there are two people in bed and I'll leave it at that since FT is a family website.

Disgusted, I go back downstairs and get a room on the third try, which is pretty poor for any Sheraton property I've ever stayed at.

OK, that gets straightened out. They run a free shuttle (56 seat coach bus) to downtown Rome, leaves roughly every 75 minutes. It stops at Golf 2, then Golf 3. Well, I got down to the lobby at 9:38 for the 10 a.m. shuttle (figure 22 minutes is enough time...). Only about 7 people waiting, so I think I'm fine. Well, at 1010, the shuttle comes rolling up and says they're full from Golf 2 and he won't take us.

We go to the front desk and complain where we are told that "it's a complimentary shuttle, not our problem." Finding this unacceptable (since no one at Golf 3 had a chance of getting on that shuttle), we demand the hotel manager, who says he'll organize another bus that will be there by 1030a (20 minutes later). Well, 1030a rolls around and nothing comes. I go back inside, check again and they say it'll be there at 1045. Nothing there, back inside, it's 11 now. Go back inside, it's any minute. Extra shuttle arrives at 1110a - 5 minutes prior to the scheduled 1115a shuttle, so this extra section was practically worthless in terms of time saving.

I'm just very frustrated with the lack of straight-forward communication by the staff at this property. In the first case, it's unacceptable to have me go through the runaround like that. In the second case, I'd much rather them just tell me that they're working on it and they'll provide an update once the bus is confirmed, etc., rather than just trying to appease us by saying another 15 minutes every 15 minutes.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 1:47 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AZ Club Ulisse
For anyone considering a stay at this property, let me just give you the heads up for a very well hidden promotion: Summer Again.

Get to the page and find the promo. Basically, by paying 120 euros you get 30euros per room, per night, to be used in their restaurants and bars, plus free breakfast. Veeery nice, since a basic prepaid, room-only, non refundable rate is 105 euros these days.

Moreover, I've seen that by using that link, if you're lucky you might get to book a Corporate Deluxe room for the same price.

If you're planning to go there I would strongly suggest this. However, be ready to remind the rate type to the staff at the moment of check-in, because they're evidently not too much informed about it (I basically had to speak to three people to get a confirmation on the 30euros credit.).
Old Sep 13, 2009, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
HELP! Which hotel to choose?

Golf Parco says queen beds but the photos make the beds appear larger and Expedia and Travelocity both say king beds. Starwood phone reservations says queen. The Sheraton Roma is definitely king beds and apparently close by. Hopefully, someone has been recently and can tell me if the beds at Golf Parco are queen or king. Thanks!
Old Sep 13, 2009, 10:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
I had a reservation at both Sheraton Roma and the Sheraton Golf (2 rooms, 1 night) to spend a night after our 7 night Mediterranean cruise. 2 Adults and 1 Child in each room (cash and points). Few weeks before our travel (August 23rd), I started emailing both of them to make sure that there will not be any extra charge for the child. Sheraton Golf came back that their policy is to charge for the child (I think it was Euro 45) whether a roll-away bed is ordered or not. Sheraton Roma replied back that there is a charge for the third person in the room but since I was platinum, they were going to upgrade both of our rooms to suites with an attached parlor for the kids and no extra charge. Promptly canceled the Sheraton Golf as I was getting bad vibes about this hotel based on reviews here and on tripadvisor. Had a great stay at the Sheraton Roma and enjoyed the shuttle service and all types of food and drinks in the club lounge.

Folks, stay at Sheraton Roma and do not take chances with the Sheraton Golf. The issues are just too serious in my opinion to justify staying here.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 4:57 am

Programs: SPG Plat, AZ Club Ulisse
Originally Posted by sjuhawk_jd
Sheraton Roma replied back that there is a charge for the third person in the room but since I was platinum, they were going to upgrade both of our rooms to suites with an attached parlor for the kids and no extra charge. Promptly canceled the Sheraton Golf as I was getting bad vibes about this hotel based on reviews here and on tripadvisor.
(...)
Folks, stay at Sheraton Roma and do not take chances with the Sheraton Golf. The issues are just too serious in my opinion to justify staying here.
I've stayed at both, numerous times. Overall, the treatment you'll recieve at the Sheraton Golf is more of a standard hotel guest, even if you're gold or platinum. This does not mean that the SG has a bad service, instead it's just the opposite. Most people at front desk are really kind and helpful in a variety of ways, and also some of the restaurant staff.

Regarding the Sheraton Roma, I'd say that they try hard every time to make you feel welcome and valued as a SPG elite. Every time I've been there, my status was saluted and highlighted, I recieved great welcome gifts, I was always upgraded, and they were always willing to "close an eyelid" in case something could be given free thanks to the elite status. For example, I had breakfast twice in the restaurant while it wasn't included in the rate, because one of the staff at the club lounge misleaded me in believing I could do so. After two days, after discovering the mistake while I was at the restaurant, a guy from the staff said that I could anyway have breakfast there for the day, with no extra charge at all.

But I have to say that the rooms at the SG are, IMHO, definitely better (newer, brighter, with larger and newer bathrooms and more confortable beds) than those at the SR, and most of the times larger. Given the same rate, I would stay at the Golf 70% of the times, even if that means not having much of a reward as an Elite. (And of course, if being pretty far out of the city isn't a concern).

Oh, and regarding Karen2's question, I can't really remember regarding the bed sizes at the SG (being european, I'm not really familiar with anything bigger than a Queen bed). I recall however that large beds were, well, quite large. When will you be staying? I've got a reservation there next week and I might be able to check myself.

Last edited by Fuocotecnico; Sep 14, 2009 at 5:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.