Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Brussels, Belgium [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Car Free Sunday on September 20, 2015

On September 20, 2015, the 2015 Car Free Sunday will take place in the City of Brussels and throughout the Brussels Region. Car Free Sunday applies to everyone, except taxis, journey buses, assistance services, police and persons with a special permit. Personal vehicles will not be allowed for travel from 9:30am until 7pm. Public transport via STIB and De Lijn will be free on that day. Please contact the hotel for further information.
Print Wikipost

Four Points Brussels, Belgium [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2008, 4:40 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
thanks for the replies, the tram from gare du midi is for sure the way to go.

I would not hesitate to stay at this property again, very easy and close by tram transportation, we found Brussels to be a very walkable city.

I don't think we were upgraded, but were put in a VERY quiet room facing the courtyard. bed was very comfortable. good sized shower area.

Did not eat at the property so I can't comment on food.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL LTG, SPG LTP, Mar. PLT
When taking the tram to the Four points, do you pay cash on the tram or do you have to buy tickets.
Thanks for any info.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Any updates? Almost been 2 years.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
has anyone stayed here recently????

do they offer free breakfast for plats????if yes then is it only continental or is it a full breakfast????
Old Jun 28, 2012, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Keyser
has anyone stayed here recently????

do they offer free breakfast for plats????if yes then is it only continental or is it a full breakfast????
any update would be appreciated....i'm thinking of staying here for 3 nights in august....
Old Jul 19, 2012, 9:03 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
any update would be appreciated....i'm thinking of staying here for 3 nights in august....
Just checked in a few minutes ago and were offered breakfast for two as one of three options (amenity or points being the others). We chose the breakfast.

We're just getting back to the Internet after 12 days on a cruise with limited access but thought I would post this, especially since you were so helpful with answers to questions about our India trip in January, Keyser.

Last edited by Fredd; Jul 20, 2012 at 2:37 am Reason: removed erroneous points number
Old Jul 19, 2012, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fredd
Just checked in a few minutes ago and were offered breakfast for two as one of three options (amenity or 500 points being the others). We chose the breakfast.
is it full breakfast or continental????also, shouldn't the amenity be 250 points since its a four points????

We're just getting back to the Internet after 12 days on a cruise with limited access but thought I would post this, especially since you were so helpful with answers to questions about our India trip in January, Keyser.
glad i could help....hope you enjoyed the cruise....
Old Jul 19, 2012, 9:26 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
is it full breakfast or continental????also, shouldn't the amenity be 250 points since its a four points????
Continental - You're probably right about the amenity. We picked this up on Beat The Timer for 58 Euros all in.

Our initial impression of the property is positive - friendly and helpful front desk and a decent-sized room facing the courtyard. They also provided a code for our second Internet device.

We took a taxi from the train station (11 Euros but we didn't have to worry about trams in rush hour) and will probably take a tram back to the Midi station tomorrow unless they look impossibly crowded for us and our roll-aboards.

If I can add anything useful for you before we check out in the morning for our noon flight I will.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Continental - You're probably right about the amenity. We picked this up on Beat The Timer for 58 Euros all in.

Our initial impression of the property is positive - friendly and helpful front desk and a decent-sized room facing the courtyard. They also provided a code for our second Internet device.

We took a taxi from the train station (11 Euros but we didn't have to worry about trams in rush hour) and will probably take a tram back to the Midi station tomorrow unless they look impossibly crowded for us and our roll-aboards.

If I can add anything useful for you before we check out in the morning for our noon flight I will.
that's a great rate....thanks for the reply....will let you know if i have any questions....
Old Jul 19, 2012, 4:00 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
that's a great rate....thanks for the reply....will let you know if i have any questions....
I, too, picked up a couple of September nights for 57 Euros on Beat The Timer. If you don't know how to do that, PM me and I'll walk you through it. Make sure your plans are fixed, first, 'cause it's a non-refundable rate.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:02 am

Just to follow up... Comfortable bed, quiet room. Last evening we wandered down a couple of streets and had our choice of restaurants. We ended up in a nearby Irish pub, of all places.

We have the sense the trams would give decent access to various areas of the city, dependent of course on one's individual needs or preferences.

The continental breakfast this morning was quite adequate, including dry cereals, cold meats, cheeses, a good variety of breads and pastries, yogurt, coffee and a cappuccino/expresso machine.

There was also a hot buffet and a cook making omelets but didn't bother finding out the buy-up charge.

We would definitely stay here again and of course we're very pleased with the rate. ^
Old Jul 20, 2012, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by slocouple
I, too, picked up a couple of September nights for 57 Euros on Beat The Timer. If you don't know how to do that, PM me and I'll walk you through it. Make sure your plans are fixed, first, 'cause it's a non-refundable rate.
thanks....i've used beat the timer a number of times in the past....

Last edited by Keyser; Jul 20, 2012 at 1:37 am
Old Jul 20, 2012, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just to follow up... Comfortable bed, quiet room. Last evening we wandered down a couple of streets and had our choice of restaurants. We ended up in a nearby Irish pub, of all places.

We have the sense the trams would give decent access to various areas of the city, dependent of course on one's individual needs or preferences.

The continental breakfast this morning was quite adequate, including dry cereals, cold meats, cheeses, a good variety of breads and pastries, yogurt, coffee and a cappuccino/expresso machine.

There was also a hot buffet and a cook making omelets but didn't bother finding out the buy-up charge.

We would definitely stay here again and of course we're very pleased with the rate. ^
thanks for the follow up....if i can get a good rate here closer to my stay date then i think i'll stay here....otherwise i'm still leaning towards the sheraton....
Old Jan 3, 2014, 4:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Quick update on the 4P Brussels.

If you are looking to save some $$$, if you are bored with the Sheraton Brussels, if you do not like the Aloft style and do not want to stay at the airport, the 4P is the way to go.

I received points and full breakfast (pretty much a typical US Sheraton restaurant breakfast without any real special items, just the standard potatoes, eggs, sausage, bacon and the continental breakfast items plus some cold cuts)

No suites at the property, just some slightly oversized corner rooms. The new 47 inch LED screen seems to be standard in all rooms, the beds are also new, at least in the upgraded rooms.

They have their own parking garage with roughly twenty spaces priced at Euro 16 (so in line with parking charges in Brussels)

Location is nice, just off Louise with high end bakeries just around the corner and Exki, Carrefour Express, Godiva and Paul at Place Stephanie down the street about 7-8 minutes away. The next tram station is 100 metres away, the metro station (Louise) is about ten minutes away by foot.

Good alternative in case the LM is booked or too expensive, the Sheraton continues to underperform, the Sheraton BRU will not give you a suite or the Aloft is just an Aloft.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
When taking the train from BRU airport, what's the best, closest station to get to the hotel? Any difference between Gold and Plat treatment?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.