Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Brussels, Belgium [Master Thread]

Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Car Free Sunday on September 20, 2015

On September 20, 2015, the 2015 Car Free Sunday will take place in the City of Brussels and throughout the Brussels Region. Car Free Sunday applies to everyone, except taxis, journey buses, assistance services, police and persons with a special permit. Personal vehicles will not be allowed for travel from 9:30am until 7pm. Public transport via STIB and De Lijn will be free on that day. Please contact the hotel for further information.
Print Wikipost

Four Points Brussels, Belgium [Master Thread]

Old May 8, 2001, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Talking Four Points Brussels, Belgium [Master Thread]

Can anyone tell me where in Brussels the Four Points is located? Is it located near a metro station? Thanks.
Old May 8, 2001, 4:39 pm
In Memoriam

Upintheair,
I stayed at the 4points last September and it's a great property. Does not even compare to the US locations. It's located just off of Avenue Louise in the Southeast section of town. It's about a 10-15 minute walk to the nearest Metro station which is the Louise/Louiza station on Line 2. A metro map is located at http://www.ib.be/meet/metro.gif . It's only about a $5-6 cab ride from the central train station. There are also intersecting lines of the tram system just outside the hotel. You could easily take the tram to the Louise station if you wish. If you need any more info just let me know.
Old May 8, 2001, 4:51 pm

I stayed there last year as well. It's nice for a Four Points, and it's very close to a tram line (don't remember which one or which stop, though). If you phone them, however, they can provide you with the best directions. I think the restaurant was pretty good, too. It had a cute cow motif and some pretty decent fondue at a reasonable price.
Old May 8, 2001, 5:46 pm
In Memoriam

I did a little more research on which tram lines intersect near the hotel and they are 81/82 and 93/94. Also Bus route 54 is also there. The stop is called Rue Lesbroussart.
http://ibelgique.ifrance.com/planitr...ENstibmap.html
Old Jun 7, 2001, 3:28 am

Four Point Brussels

Stayed in the Four Point Brussels. A small charm, simple hotel. The front desk staff is very helpful and friendly. There is a small wellness center on sixth floor with hot tub, steam room, suna, a double headed shower. But it is somewhat UNISEX. A lot of tour groups use the hotel. The rooms facing the garden are much quieter and if you want leave the window open, you will hear the bird singing in the morning. The hotel did not provide much information on local resturant or stores close by or tram information which is very useful to get around the town since no Metro station is close to the hotel. I list the information here so someone else may save some trouble. From airport take train 95 BF (about $2.00) (if you go there during weekend and return during weekend, a discounted round trip for 140 bf instead of 190, there are ATM in the terminal pass the gate). Get off at Brussels Zudi station (South station, one station past Central) following signs to tram 81/82. Tram and metro use the same kind of ticket. Tram stops (major ones) post a map and a schedules and direction stop names etc for each line). Get off at Rue Lesbroussant and you will see a big sign on the front building pointed to the street Four Point is on (A small street with a market at the front). Zudi is a realative new station compare to central and nord station in Brussels. There is a big local market around Zudi on Sunday. If you take 81 all the way to Monganmory direction, you will see the 1920 exp buildings where now host the auto mesuem and military mesuem. The stop is three stops before Mongamory. There is tram 94/93 that close to the hotel as well. It goes to the Royal Palace and low town to the Grand Place (nice resturants and charm looking during night). Brussels is cheap to fly to but everything else is more expensive than even Paris. The beach town Knokke and the medieval town Brugge (about 1 1/2 hour train ride from Zudi)worth explore if you get bored in Brussels. If you go there on weekend and return on weekend or holidays, you can save almost 50% on train fare (standard fare 740 bf to Brugge or 420 bf for weekend). Check with conductor or the ticket office to ask where you have to change train. It was strange for both destination, there is no direct train to get there but there is direct train to come back to Brussels. No SPG properties in these two cities. I wish they did. They are much more interesting than Brussels.

Anyway, hope this information may benefit some other members of this board down the road.
Old Sep 10, 2002, 5:42 pm

Programs: TP, AF, BA, LH, CO
Four Points Brussels: how is it?

Can someome tell me how this hotel is?
Is it near Brussels transport system?
Do guests have free access to health club?
Is it in a quite zone?

Thank you for all the information you so kindly share with us.

Another question:
Where should i credit earned miles?

1-Qualiflyer
2-United Airlines
3-Air France
4-American Airlines
5-KLM

------------------
http://rucas0.tripod.com/miles/
Old Sep 11, 2002, 8:29 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
I stayed only one night at the Four Points and got in very late so used a cab. Cabs are very expensive in Brussels and the fare was pretty high to get there. If you're arriving at a reasonable hour, from what I read, there's reasonable public transportation nearby.

Yes, the hotel is in a quiet area and I liked the location near Avenue Louise.

I don't recall a health club, but I was there only a brief time.

Breakfast was in the nice little hotel restaurant, which offered a good selection and was included.

Hotel was a good value. They actually screwed up our reservation, but handled it very well. We had booked one room with two beds and they didn't have that available so gave us their last two rooms for our original price. It was good of them, but my young son didn't want to sleep in another room alone so we gather up the bedding from the other room and he ended up on the floor in our room anyway.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 3:00 pm

I will be staying at the 4 Points in Brussels for a weekend (Fri - Sun). I am not familiar with the area and this is my first time to Brussels. A few questions....

1) What are the options (public transportation / taxi) to get from the airport to the hotel and the hotel to the airport. What are the costs, directions, etc.

2) Is there a good gym anywhere near the hotel?

Thanks.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by Kobi
I will be staying at the 4 Points in Brussels for a weekend (Fri - Sun). I am not familiar with the area and this is my first time to Brussels. A few questions....

1) What are the options (public transportation / taxi) to get from the airport to the hotel and the hotel to the airport. What are the costs, directions, etc.

2) Is there a good gym anywhere near the hotel?

Thanks.
I did not take a taxi from the airport to/from the hotel -- so I can't help in that regard, but I did take the train from the airport to the Midi(?) train station (it's the one near the Grand Place) and from there took a taxi to the hotel. Once you've seen the taxi route, you will notice that there is a tram that is not far from the hotel that runs alongside/in the middle of a major boulevard that will deposit you near St. Michael's and the general vicinity of the Grand Place.

I wouldn't advise trying to find the tram stop from the train station on your arrival since I remember it being uphill and would be somewhat difficult with luggage.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 4:35 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
Originally Posted by CMH-traveler
I really enjoy the 4 Points. However, it has been tough to book lately as there have been more and more flight crews staying there.

Highlights include the Spa on the top floor. (Remember you are in Europe and no clothes are to be worn). [...]
Can anybody provide additional information on the Spa at the 4 Points ? What kind of services are offered ? Is there a fee to access it ? What are the opening hours ?

This is one of the few mentions of it I've found on it anywhere (it's not even mentioned on the 4 Points website).

Thanks,
Yann
Old Oct 30, 2007, 11:43 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
no spa

From memory it is not so much a spa than a steam room.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 6:20 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
65E rate, couldn't pass it up, staying at the 4P soon, will report back
Old Jun 17, 2008, 5:39 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
*W phone agent mentioned that the midi and central station are the same distance away from the 4pts. Is one "better" than the other one to walk to/from the 4pts?
Old Jun 17, 2008, 6:39 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
*W phone agent mentioned that the midi and central station are the same distance away from the 4pts. Is one "better" than the other one to walk to/from the 4pts?
Hi,

Walk, I would say that is a bit crazy to do from the 4pts especially if you have lots of lugagge. There is a tram around the corner of the 4pts that goes directly to Midi station, which I would just pay for the convenience of it since depending on the time and weather, it can be either really busy on the streets or raining.

On other posters questions between the Sheraton and 4pts, I find that Sheraton is more "centrally" located compared to the 4pts. However, treatment-wise for Elite members seems to be better at the 4pts. I also think that the 4pts is more value for money compared to the Sheraton especially for the weekend price. It is of course still the poorer cousin compared to the Sheraton, but facility and comfort, I think it is more or less the same. My 2 cents.

Old Jun 18, 2008, 2:49 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, United Premier Executive
I don't see how you could possibly walk to the Four Points from either station. The Tram (81) to Richmond can be accessed at Gare du Midi and it will take you to the Bially(?) stop right at Avenue Louise. It's maybe a 15 minute tram ride and stops less than a block from the hotel.

I just spent four days at the 4Pts and couldn't be more pleased. I had a gigantic room with a huge bathroom and the service was very good. It is a 4Pts, but for the price it seemed like a good deal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.