Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Lisboa Lisbon, Portugal [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 23, 2022, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Lisboa Lisbon, Portugal [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2005, 6:45 am
tyn

Just back from a stay at the SHR Lisbon and I confirm all that is said in yevlesh2 review.
The hotel is a bit out of the way but there’s a metro stop (Picoas on the Yellow Line) right behind it. If you’re staying for several days, there are transportation cards that are fairly cheap and save you a lot of walking to and from the city centre.

Re. the smoke smell: if you’re in one of the Tower rooms that are connecting to another and a smoker is in the other room the smell will find your way into your room, badly so. So will the noise. Portuguese are apparently heavy smokers and very loud neighbors at night, if you have a problem with either of those better try to have them give you a non-connecting room.

The room was otherwise great, large and comfy, with a great view of the city. Only con was haphazard bathroom amenities replacement. At one time we had four bottles each of shampoo and conditioner but just one in-use bottle of shower gel which they would stubbornly overlook replacing. I hate having to call for something that should be there already.

The Lounge serves great breakfasts, far better than the buffet at the Caravela restaurant as at the Lounge the hot food is made to order and the service is extremely courteous and attentive.
Old May 3, 2005, 7:14 am

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
The lounge is definitely a highlight of the hotel.

I stayed on the 20th floor earlier in April. The room is like other rooms in the Tower except it has more amenties in the bathroom and there was a bottle of porto in my room.

Did anyone check out the gym? I didn't get a chance when I was there.
Old May 3, 2005, 11:18 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
The breakfast in the lounge, with the cooked to order eggs and panckaes (cook is statitoned in the loune), is one of the best hotel lounge breakfasts. The rooms are attractive, with nice views. I didn't smell any smoke or have any issues with noisy neighbors.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 5:09 am

Cool General Manager

Many thanks for your kind comments. I am pleased to hear that you would return. Please let us know when, we would love to welcome you back. Jennifer[/FONT]
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,
Search temp disabled.

I checked in on Sat 12th Feb at about 1145 after arriving from the airport from LHR. (Flight crew were behind me).
Booked the towers room.

I was told the lounge was closed for renovation from Feb 5 to Feb 28 but given a a letter with free breakfast in the restaurant, pressing service ( 3 items per stay) and a coupon for the Panorama bar.

A plat amenity card was offered- i chose the port
Late check out until 4pm was offered at no charge.

I was given room 2408 ( lounge is at the other end of the corridor) 20,21 are club level rooms.

The room was large and very nicely decorated with a large cupoboard, minibar, bathrobes and slippers and a bottle of port with a card signed by the manager. Also a free in room safe
The bathroom was large and the wc and bidet was separated by frosted glass. A nice touch was the shower curtain which also had a terry towel curtain as well as the standard plastic curtain

Water pressure was good.

I got a large bottle of port and a fruit bowl as my Plat amenity.

The pool is ok size wise ( warm), on a wooden deck and goes down to 10ft ( sauna and steam room are in the spa locker rooms).

Fitness center is well equipped.

It is close to Picoas metro station but if heading to the waterfront you may want to walk to Parque ( saves connecting Mq du Pombal( sp?)

The bar on the R level is well worth a vist at night with wonderful views of the castle, 25th april bridge and the statue of Christ on the other side of the river. Drinks are slightly expensive (€10 for a drumbuie but I got a plate of nuts and crisps also)

Breakfast ( on the -1 level -€17 normally was very good with a wide variety of hot and cold food with interesting juices ( peach, pear as well as orange).
The hotel seems popular with the airline crew ( saw CO cabin crew having breakfast) and at check out the crew who I would see later on the BA 497 back to LHR were behind me checking out.

Taxi is €8 to the airport (€25 from the airport so I think I was stiffed-I do not think I saw a meter heading to the hotel)

The hotel looked very well maintained.

Overall a very nice hotel and I would stay there again ( might go back in the late may bank holiday for a longer stay)

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 28, 2005, 5:27 am

Cool General Manager

Originally Posted by BoulderHyattHopper
I think we are looking into this one for a holiday in November... Any thoughts on a Platinum staying here? Lounge Access? Suite Upgrade? etc.
We would be happy to up-grade, depending on availability. The Hotel is actually well located, surrounded with shops, 4 cinemas, underground just oustide of the Hotel and as already stated taxis are cheap. Lisbon has a lot to offer: Surfer's paradise for surfer's and those who would like to enjoy some beach time, culture for those who are interested in the arts and history, night life is great, the docas (docks) are fun, food and drink cheap and really nice, people are very friendly and hospitable, everybody speaks English, it's a safe city and one can shop until one drops!!! Look forward to receiving your reservation - please feel free to contact me direct. Regards
Jennifer
Old Sep 28, 2005, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by jennifer
We would be happy to up-grade, depending on availability.
Hopefully, the service at the hotel is faster than this response, which is in reply to a post from Sept., 2004! We look forward to visiting again this January, but have been troubled in the past by limited Platinum recognition...
Old Sep 28, 2005, 4:05 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
By the way, in case anyone is interested there is a detailed review of this hotel posted at http://www.heart4travel.com/hotelspe...atonlisbon.php
Old Sep 28, 2005, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
My repeat stay in August was very nice. I was "welcomed back" as a returning customer. The lounge was closed, so I recieved a breakfast coupon and a drink coupon instead. I ended up in a nice suite on the club floor, but I had to ask. I am not sure as a returning platinum for 1 night, if a suite was available, why I had to ask for it, but i was happy with the result. Only got a 1/2 bottle of port this time.

I walked over to the Four Seasons and the Meridien. The Four Seasons seems very nice and the spa is beautiful, but the treatment prices are about double. The Meridein was attractive but a little sterile.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 2:02 am

The Banking Scot

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,
Search temp disabled.

I checked in on Sat 12th Feb at about 1145 after arriving from the airport from LHR. (Flight crew were behind me).
Booked the towers room.

I was told the lounge was closed for renovation from Feb 5 to Feb 28 but given a a letter with free breakfast in the restaurant, pressing service ( 3 items per stay) and a coupon for the Panorama bar.

A plat amenity card was offered- i chose the port
Late check out until 4pm was offered at no charge.

I was given room 2408 ( lounge is at the other end of the corridor) 20,21 are club level rooms.

The room was large and very nicely decorated with a large cupoboard, minibar, bathrobes and slippers and a bottle of port with a card signed by the manager. Also a free in room safe
The bathroom was large and the wc and bidet was separated by frosted glass. A nice touch was the shower curtain which also had a terry towel curtain as well as the standard plastic curtain

Water pressure was good.

I got a large bottle of port and a fruit bowl as my Plat amenity.

The pool is ok size wise ( warm), on a wooden deck and goes down to 10ft ( sauna and steam room are in the spa locker rooms).

Fitness center is well equipped.

It is close to Picoas metro station but if heading to the waterfront you may want to walk to Parque ( saves connecting Mq du Pombal( sp?)

The bar on the R level is well worth a vist at night with wonderful views of the castle, 25th april bridge and the statue of Christ on the other side of the river. Drinks are slightly expensive (€10 for a drumbuie but I got a plate of nuts and crisps also)

Breakfast ( on the -1 level -€17 normally was very good with a wide variety of hot and cold food with interesting juices ( peach, pear as well as orange).
The hotel seems popular with the airline crew ( saw CO cabin crew having breakfast) and at check out the crew who I would see later on the BA 497 back to LHR were behind me checking out.

Taxi is €8 to the airport (€25 from the airport so I think I was stiffed-I do not think I saw a meter heading to the hotel)

The hotel looked very well maintained.

Overall a very nice hotel and I would stay there again ( might go back in the late may bank holiday for a longer stay)

Regards

TBS
Thanks for your comments. Have you been back to the Hotel since? May we send you are mailings regarding what is happening to the Hotel in the futur (all good news)!!. Regards, Jennifer Buhr, General Manager
Old Oct 27, 2005, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by jennifer
Thanks for your comments. Have you been back to the Hotel since? May we send you are mailings regarding what is happening to the Hotel in the futur (all good news)!!. Regards, Jennifer Buhr, General Manager
Jennifer,

Thank you for your comments. I have sent you a PM.

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 8, 2006, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Sheraton Lisboa to Close From 7/1/06 - End of 2006

Just received a message from the hotel that tney cannot honor my reservation in June as the hotel will be closed for the last six months of the year. This is part of its renovation project that has been going on for a while now.

I was able to book a room at the Le Meridian in Lisbon for 33 Euros more. I am expecting the Sheraton to compensate me for the difference.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 4:09 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan MVP Gold
Wow, then I got there just in time - we stayed there last Saturday night. Le Meridien is in a better location anyway - when we saw it we wished we had stayed there. The Sheraton also has no parking, no Towers rooms, and no real Towers lounge at the moment. They are making do, but I am sure that what they have doesn't compare to how it should be.
Old Jun 18, 2006, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I should add that the Sheraton graciously arranged a booking for me at the LeMeridian for the rate I had at the Sheraton (108 Euro v. 133 Euro).

Good job!!!
Old Jan 22, 2007, 1:59 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Sheraton Lisbon - post renovations?

Has anyone stayed at the Sheraton Lisbon within the past week? Apparently they finished renovating the hotel on January 15th. With the new renovations, is the Sheraton now on par with the Le Meridien Lisbon? We are planning a three day trip in the next week or two.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 9:11 am

Sheraton Lisboa

The hotel is under Construction.
The pool and the Spa is closed until September 2007. There are no a
Lounge. My Room was cooooold..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.