Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: July only, move 20K SPG points to AA or US for 30K AA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: July only, move 20K SPG points to AA or US for 30K AA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2014, 7:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by omegadeal
For those of you who have done this, what did your confirmation email say? I just did the 60k SPG transfer, but my confirmation email only shows 75K miles transferred. I'm hoping the others are added automatically.
The email is correct. SPG only transfers 75K. AA adds the additional 20% or another 15K for a total of 90K AA miles for your 60K SPG Starpoints.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
My SPG points will expire in Sept and I was going to transfer to BA. And now with this AA promotion I can't decide.
Have been learning more of AA's new changes. Want to book flight from ORD to Taiwan and can't figure out the routing. Anyone familiar with how to book with AA miles for partner's airline? Can I have a stop over at Hong Kong? Do I need to call to book? Thank you!
Old Jul 16, 2014, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by milemission
My SPG points will expire in Sept and I was going to transfer to BA. And now with this AA promotion I can't decide.
Have been learning more of AA's new changes. Want to book flight from ORD to Taiwan and can't figure out the routing. Anyone familiar with how to book with AA miles for partner's airline? Can I have a stop over at Hong Kong? Do I need to call to book? Thank you!

Stopovers have been eliminated. However if you are willing to pay more miles, you can take a one-way to HKG and then another to TPE.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 3:13 am

Programs: AA 8MM Exec,Life Plat, Marriott Amb,Life Titanium, ,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist.
For now AA

I just booked through AA Bkk-Sin-Syd in Business and first on CX/BA. 45,000 aa miles.

British airways wanted 75,000 Avios same flights.

I am transferring Starpoints as fast as I can!

Safe travels.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NYCtraveler
I just booked through AA Bkk-Sin-Syd in Business and first on CX/BA. 45,000 aa miles.

British airways wanted 75,000 Avios same flights.

I am transferring Starpoints as fast as I can!

Safe travels.
Was QF not available? could have saved some YQ.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA 8MM Exec,Life Plat, Marriott Amb,Life Titanium, ,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist.
No QF Availability

I have been checking QF availability with both BA and AA and found Nada.....Not even Economy. Qantas has blacked out most everything with miles for the next 4 months.....which is strange as their flights are not flying full with the Thailand mess.......
Old Jul 18, 2014, 9:53 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Website error message

Has anyone tried a transfer this morning? For the past hour, I've received the following error message: We're sorry, but a temporary error has occurred. Please try your request again. If you need assistance, please call 888-625-5144 in the U.S. or Canada, or contact one of our Worldwide Reservations Offices.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 10:01 am

Programs: SPG Plat97, AA PLT, Delta SM
Has anyone tried a transfer this morning? For the past hour, I've received the following error message: We're sorry, but a temporary error has occurred. Please try your request again. If you need assistance, please call 888-625-5144 in the U.S. or Canada, or contact one of our Worldwide Reservations Offices.
You probably tried to send more than the max (79,999) in the past 24 hours. I had the same message, when I tried to send a second transaction that went over that amount. The next day, was able to send the second transaction with no problems.

Last edited by luna6; Jul 18, 2014 at 10:07 am
Old Jul 18, 2014, 10:13 am

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
Yes, I had the same problem. Just had to call it in. Gentleman said others were having problems too.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by luna6
You probably tried to send more than the max (79,999) in the past 24 hours. I had the same message, when I tried to send a second transaction that went over that amount. The next day, was able to send the second transaction with no problems.
No. My last transfer was initiated on July 16 and has already posted to the AA account. It is something else.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Carter29072
Yes, I had the same problem. Just had to call it in. Gentleman said others were having problems too.
Online transfer is working now.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Stopovers have been eliminated. However if you are willing to pay more miles, you can take a one-way to HKG and then another to TPE.
Thank you for the idea, Seems like HK can be booked online, but TPE has to call in.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 3:04 pm

My, that was quick. Initiated the transfer the evening of the 17th, and it is already in my AA account. ^
Old Jul 20, 2014, 9:54 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by NYCtraveler
60,000 SPG points + 25%

So 75,000 gets transferred to AA

AA gives 20%... so additional 15,000

Ultimately 60,000 SPG points gets you 90,000 AA miles....

GREAT!!!
Just did like this! Nice to stash some AA away for a sunny day! FYI online didn't work for me and I called.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Big_Foot
Not "a few days" - 10 business days! It can be over 2 weeks with a holiday
weekend.
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Mine have processed in 2-3 days.
I put mine in last Thursday/Fri and has still not been processed. Is 10 days the usual time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.