Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

"Two for you" Aloft promo in LATAM, double points + 10k

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2014, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Just got the promo email for Latin America Aloft promo:
https://www.spgpromos.com/twoforyou

"It’s on: SPG® members earn double Starpoints® at participating Aloft® hotels in Colombia, Costa Rica, Mexico and Panama. Check in at more than one, and you’ll earn a bonus of 10,000 Starpoints.

Register by July 31, 2014, to earn on stays from June 1 through September 30, 2014."

Seem way more generous then the regular 500 booking/night/double point promos then we used to get in recent quarters.
Old May 29, 2014, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Lack
Seem way more generous then the regular 500 booking/night/double point promos then we used to get in recent quarters.
Potentially a lot more travel required than your everyday promo though

Aloft Bogota Airport, Colombia
Aloft San Jose Hotel, Costa Rica
Aloft Cancun, Mexico
Aloft Guadalajara, Mexico
Aloft Panama, Panama

Thanks for posting the promo/link

Brings back memories of the LatinPass promo of distant antiquity where you could earn a 1 million mile bonus by flying a squillion different airline partners around Central/South America - definitely had a ticket that had me flying through Panama, San Jose CR and Panama City. 10000 SPG points would have been the icing on the 1,000,000 LatinPass miles cake - even though the miles ended up being next to useless

Last edited by 3544quebec; May 29, 2014 at 9:53 am
Old May 29, 2014, 9:50 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Lack
Yes, but then who travels to either two of these destinations within such a short space of time...? Maybe a combo of BOG/PTY for business travellers, or Guadalajara+Cancun (although I can hardly see the point of travelling to Cancun to stay at the Aloft, unless it's for 1 night pre/post your flight).
Old May 29, 2014, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by RafKa
Yes, but then who travels to either two of these destinations within such a short space of time...? Maybe a combo of BOG/PTY for business travellers, or Guadalajara+Cancun (although I can hardly see the point of travelling to Cancun to stay at the Aloft, unless it's for 1 night pre/post your flight).
Well, I do. Thanks for posting to OP.
Old May 29, 2014, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
staying at the Aloft SJO & PTY. Thanks!
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Anybody manage to get the 10K points yet? I've done my two stays and am still waiting...

My first query resulted in a lazy "it takes 2 to 4 weeks" reply. Of course 4 weeks have already passed and still no points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.