Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2K Bonus Points - APAC [Asia Pacific] Promo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2014, 12:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
So I'm happy to report that I received points under this offer. I registered on 17 Feb but I'm not a Velocity member. My stays were booked in Jan 2014.

My SPG account shows I received 2000 points under two seperate items labeled "VIRGIN AUSTRALIA 2000 (LVA)" for a total of 4,000 points.

I just completed a four night stay, this past weekend, in Asia which I had two rooms booked. So far only points and night credits have posted for just one room. I'm guessing this is the reason I received a total of 4,000 points under this promo.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the other room posts to my account if I only get 2,000 points to cap me at the 6,000 max points under the new changed T&C's or if I will get the extra 2,000 points to give me 8,000total points which would indicate the points are not capped as per the orginal T&C's.

I will report back as soon as my other room posts to my account so we know if points are capped at 6,000 or not.
Did you book your rooms before or after registering for the promo?
Old Mar 5, 2014, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Good point. SPG really should honor their old T&C's for you if you booked before they changed them.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
My rooms were booked before I registered for the promo

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Good point. SPG really should honor their old T&C's for you if you booked before they changed them.
I don't plan to push it as I shouldn't have received the points under the old T&C's becuase 1). The old T&C's stated rooms had to be booked after Feb 17 2) I had to be a velocity memeber.

HOwever, for people who booked no refundable rooms based on this promo I can understand why expectation would be SPG to honor the orginal T&C's or at least allow them to cancel those bookings.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:53 pm

Programs: SPG Plat97, AA PLT, Delta SM
I don't plan to push it as I shouldn't have received the points under the old T&C's becuase 1). The old T&C's stated rooms had to be booked after Feb 17 2) I had to be a velocity memeber.
Not true. This is the problem with this promotion because it's so vague and not knowing exact terms.

Original T&C said reservations made from Feb.17 with stays falling in certain time period are valid and Velocity Member are required to register with SPG. Nothing in the original T&C stated only reservations made from Feb.17 are valid or only Velocity Members are eligible for this promo. The T&C they wrote for this promo is similar to an ink blot test and you can interpret it many different ways (hence different interpretations by different lurkers & platinum reps).

Making things even more wacky, they completely changed 6,000 points per stay to 6,000 points for promotion by 2nd revision. That's going from a possible maximum of 90,000 points for promo period to maximum of 6,000 points for promo period. How does that apply to people who registered before the changed T&C and made bookings because of it? Or even people who made bookings after it because of the ambiguity of the whole thing?

Last edited by luna6; Mar 5, 2014 at 8:28 pm
Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:51 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
If i book today (04/24), will i get 2000 points? the stay date will be 11-13 may.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 1:31 am

Programs: SPG,HH,IHG
Smile

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
If i book today (04/24), will i get 2000 points? the stay date will be 11-13 may.
New T&C said Register & Book by 31 Mar 2014 For Stay between 17-Feb to 17 May and eligible for previous booking before registration period

This booking (04/24) maybe ineligible but YMMV
FYI
This promo limit point to 6000 max
Already max it Combine with Global promo = 15000+6000 *point
Old Apr 30, 2014, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Booked a pre-pay at the end of March and stayed last week. Having forgotten about the promo I was happily reminded by 2K pts appearing in my account some 3-4 days after checking out.
Old May 7, 2014, 5:48 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by nongsom
New T&C said Register & Book by 31 Mar 2014 For Stay between 17-Feb to 17 May and eligible for previous booking before registration period

This booking (04/24) maybe ineligible but YMMV
FYI
This promo limit point to 6000 max
Already max it Combine with Global promo = 15000+6000 *point
You might have some luck as I just got points from this promo on a stay booked in the last week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.