Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2K Bonus Points - APAC [Asia Pacific] Promo

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2014, 12:21 am
Original Poster

2K Bonus Points - APAC [Asia Pacific] Promo

For anybody staying in APAC, found a promo that will give you an extra 2000 Starpoints for a 2 (or more) night stay.

More details about the promo at http://loyaltylobby.com/2014/02/17/s...k-by-march-31/
Old Feb 17, 2014, 12:50 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
APAC properties only

Originally Posted by pr0digy25
For anybody staying in APAC, found a promo that will give you an extra 2000 Starpoints for a 2 (or more) night stay.

More details about the promo at http://loyaltylobby.com/2014/02/17/s...k-by-march-31/
I already have a couple of BRG stays booked so those won't be eligible. Only those booked from today 17th onwards till March 31st are eligible. Below are the main requirements:

Bonus Starpoint Offer is valid for eligible stays booked between February 17, 2014 and March 31, 2014 and completed between February 17, 2014 and May 17, 2014.

A minimum stay of two eligible nights is required to qualify.

I have 2 more stays in May coming up which I'm still planning so those would definitely qualify. ^
Old Feb 17, 2014, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
question for the lurkers, i have a number of stays already booked for april....would i have to cancel them & book again????also, if i have booked 2 rooms on the same night then would that count as 2 eligible nights for this promo????
Old Feb 17, 2014, 5:16 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, RA, QF Gold, UA 1K
2K Bonus Points - APAC Promo

Same question - I have got 15 nights booked with SPG and now the rates have gone up for some of the nights... Do I really have to cancel and rebook to get the bonus points? Thanks!!
Old Feb 17, 2014, 6:16 am

Programs: SPG Plat97, AA PLT, Delta SM
A few more questions.

1.) Do I have to be a member of Virgin Airlines Frequent Flier program to participate in this promo?

2.) Are BRG stays booked and stayed during the promo time period eligible for the promo?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by luna6
A few more questions.

1.) Do I have to be a member of Virgin Airlines Frequent Flier program to participate in this promo?

2.) Are BRG stays booked and stayed during the promo time period eligible for the promo?
1) no, check the t&c.

2) BRG stays have counted as eligible paid nights in all past promos. I see no reason why they would be excluded now, and no mention of such in the t&c.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 6:55 am

1) no, check the t&c.
To participate in this Bonus Starpoint offer, Velocity members must register online at www.spg.com/velocity by March 31, 2014 and be a member of the Starwood Preferred Guest (“SPG”) Program. If Velocity member is not a member of the SPG Program, a free membership may be obtained at www.spg.com.
Wording for that is confusing. It definitely says velocity members must be a SPG member, but doesn't specify if its for Velocity + SPG members and solitary SPG members or just for Velocity + SPG members (like Delta Crossover).

Another thing in the T&C is interesting

Not to be combined with other offers or promotions.
"Bring on the Nights" is definitely a promotion that runs concurrently through part of this promo.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 6:56 am

Hmm, the site did say, "Enjoy these benefits exclusively for Velocity members:"

Well, maybe the lurkers can find out for us.

Last edited by lcpteck; Feb 17, 2014 at 7:03 am
Old Feb 17, 2014, 7:06 am

Yeah, at worse I'll just sign up for the Velocity Frequent Flier program which is free. But I would like to know if its required (I rather not sign up for the program if I don't have to).

The T&C for

Not to be combined with other offers or promotions.
Implies it can't be combined with Bring On The Nights. I'm guessing if you are registered for Bring On the Nights, then this promo would apply from May 1 (after Bring on the Nights expires) to May 17.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 7:06 am

You got it dude, that was what I was thinking too.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
You need a valid Australian address to sign up for the Velocity ff program. So if that's required, not many will be able to join.

Also, don't understand why SPG doesn't email us first re these promos. I am an SPG Ambassador level... and yet I find out about these promos from blogs and FT first. Makes no sense.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I think because they were supposed to be targeted. If this would have been done properly, the signup form would've asked for the ffp membership #.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 7:50 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold
is everyone able to register?

I'm having problems.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 8:20 am

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
So do you need to be a Velocity Member to register?

In order to be a Velocity Member, you need to have a residential address in the Oceania.

If anyone is successful in registering without being a Velocity member (or at least not using a residential address in the Oceania), pls report.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 8:46 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, LH SEN
Originally Posted by ZenWorld
If anyone is successful in registering without being a Velocity member (or at least not using a residential address in the Oceania), pls report.
Just registered without problems with my SPG number and email address.

Then is says:
"Thank you for registering.
Earn 2,000 bonus StarpointsŪ on all eligible 2 night stays at any Starwood hotel or resort in Asia Pacific when you book by 31 March 2014.
You can also enjoy discounts in restaurants and bars at participating Starwood hotels and resorts in Australia.
Terms and conditions apply."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.