Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG and Caesars Entertainment : partnership ENDED 31 Dec 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG and Caesars Entertainment : partnership ENDED 31 Dec 2016

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2013, 10:23 am

I remember I spent several days in Caesars when I visited Vegas as they gave Starpoint and status stay/night count there. I don't remember exactly but perhaps already excluded from PLT/GLD benefit in that property in 2000-2002.

I hope those nights should have counted for Life Time Elites. But there is no way to confirm it...

Originally Posted by PTahCha
If anyone remembers, back when Westin merged with ITT Sheraton during the creation of Starwood Hotels, Caesars was part of Sheraton/Starwood before it sold the properties to Park Place in 2000. Some of my old SPG cards had Caesars logo on it.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 10:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by ktjan
So if I spend 1-night at 10 separate weekends at TR properties during the year, I will only get 10 Qualifying Nights, but 0 Qualifying stays counted towards my platinum status, right?
No stay credit is a deal breaker for me.

Old Dec 17, 2013, 10:32 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
I just missed signing up for the weekend. (It let me into the site, but in the 2 minutes I thought about it, the message changed to "Waiting List" - FYI, the waiting list function appears to be broken).

But I can't complain. I got a great show for another weekend, so I am happy.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by KENNECTED
No stay credit is a deal breaker for me.

There *is* a stay credit towards annual gold/platinum. It's just limited to 10 days per year, and doesn't count to lifetime status. In the grand scheme of most people's habits, this is still a win.

Last edited by BigDaddyTL; Dec 17, 2013 at 10:48 am Reason: clarified what I means by "stay credit"
Old Dec 17, 2013, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by BigDaddyTL
There *is* a stay credit towards annual gold/platinum. It's just limited to 10 days per year, and doesn't count to lifetime status. In the grand scheme of most people's habits, this is still a win.
No, unless I'm misunderstanding, you get a "night" credit, but not a "stay" credit. Night vs stay credits are two different things.

From what I'm understanding on this, you can have up to 10 *night* credits towards your 25/50, but it does not count at ALL towards your 10/25 *stay* credits.

This is also, unfortunately, a dealbreaker for the hubs and I as well. We usually get our 25 stay credits, but never close enough for the night credits. The guest weekend looks pretty flippin' cool though.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 10:59 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by worldinsight
For example, LV is full of wonderful and cheap hotels. I cannot find no reason to choose this poor deal by giving up other nice deals.
I will happily choose Aria or MO in spite of a little more money. QN but NO QS? I've never heard of this kind of weird and poor condition in the hotel loyalty programs.
And how many starpoints are you earning at Aria or MO? None. How many will you earn now--NONE...so what is the point? If you happen to stay at a Ceasar's property you get a few Starpoints for doing it. If somebody does not want to stay at Ceasar's or does not want starpoints, there are plenty of other options if he/she so chooses.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:03 am

Programs: United 1P, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I was ready to hit submit and was waiting for confirmation from my girlfriend that she was free on the dates when it went to the wait list page, this was within 20 minutes of the allocated reserve time. I'm so upset! The website should have been working properly but it didn't and I got screwed!

I hope some availability opens up but I doubt it. So disappointing that I missed this deal.

Last edited by JoJoBoi; Dec 17, 2013 at 11:16 am
Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:16 am

My brain is working slowly, so bear with me:

I'm SPG Gold, going to LV in January and already had reservations at a Ceasar's property. So now I just give them my *W number when I check in and I receive night credit and starpoints?

Do you choose between starpoints and TR points?
Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: LH 1*SEN
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Very cool. I go to Vegas 2x per year, so this should come in handy. Thanks!
You live in LAX and go to LAS only twice a year?
Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by youvesaiditall
https://www.spgpromos.com/caesarsvip...?action=redeem

February 21-23. Looks like 15k Starpoints gets you (And a guest) a free two nights at Caesar's, Planet Hollywood or Paris Las Vegas. Also included:

Friday:
Taste of Caesars Evening Reception
Nobu After Hours Reception

Saturday:
Blackjack Tournament at Planet Hollywood with a grand prize of 1mm Starpoints.
Evening: Choice of-
Britney: "Piece of Me" show at PH or Jersey Boys at Paris or Celine Dion at Caesars

Sunday: Brunch at Mon Ami Gabi in Paris.

If I wasn't already going to Vegas a month prior and a month after, I would probably take them up on this--seems like a pretty solid offer.
Ugh! I'm on the waitlist! It sounds like it will be an awesome weekend. Wish I would've gotten the email sooner. I clicked on it as soon as I got it, but evidently not quickly enough.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:32 am

Programs: SPG Plat and that is that!
It appears we can redeem starpoints for stays starting in January? Is the # of SPG points per property published yet? Specifically curious about Atlantic City. I too chose mLife and will continue to in Las Vegas, but Caesars in AC would be better than the Sheraton at the Convention center...
Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
A change that is really good! A rare thing nowadays.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SeattleSon76
I'm SPG Gold, going to LV in January and already had reservations at a Ceasar's property. So now I just give them my *W number when I check in and I receive night credit and starpoints?

Do you choose between starpoints and TR points?
No, I'm pretty sure you have to link your SPG and TR accounts per the URL posted in this thread. Then it should be automatic, like with the Delta partnership.

But in any event, I'm checking out of a Caesars property on January 8th.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by christianj
Wonderful news! Earning points or redeeming for the Nobu Hotel in the Caesar's complex could be very interesting depending on the points levels.
Based on what I've read about the Nobu Hotel I wouldn't part with hard-earned Starpoints to stay there. They took the oldest tower at Caesars Palace, left in the paper thin walls, splashed some new paint and Asian decor in and have service that badly overpromises and way underdelivers.

I have not read anything that makes me think Nobu Hotel is close to competitive with the truly elite properties in LAS (i.e. Mandarin Oriental).

Originally Posted by chrisinacton
If I select "Caesars" as the hotel- would I stay in the new Nobu hotel, or the older Caesar section?
Don't be fooled by slick marketing and a fresh coat of paint. The "new" Nobu Hotel is the oldest part of the property.

If SPG reservations work like Park Place/Harrahs/Caesars/Total Rewards/Whatever We Are Callling Ourselves This Week reservations, Caesars Palace and Nobu Hotel will be two completely separate properties.

Anyone remember back when the Westin Essex House and St. Regis Club at Essex House were two completely different hotels sharing the same building? This is the same sort of situation.

Last edited by Herb687; Dec 17, 2013 at 11:54 am Reason: multi-quote
Old Dec 17, 2013, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by BrienBear
No, unless I'm misunderstanding, you get a "night" credit, but not a "stay" credit. Night vs stay credits are two different things.

From what I'm understanding on this, you can have up to 10 *night* credits towards your 25/50, but it does not count at ALL towards your 10/25 *stay* credits.

This is also, unfortunately, a dealbreaker for the hubs and I as well. We usually get our 25 stay credits, but never close enough for the night credits. The guest weekend looks pretty flippin' cool though.
Ahh, good point -- it's not crystal clear to me though that you don't get a Stay credit -- I think the point of that clause is just to point out that it doesn't apply to lifetime.

Hopefully someone in the know can confirm either way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.