Search

Zurich... Best Hotel?

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2013, 1:18 pm

Programs: Starwood Lifetime Platinum; Hilton HHonors Gold; United Premier Gold
Originally Posted by rumblefox
The Sheraton is more like a dorm.
???

That makes no sense. The Park Hyatt may indeed be a better hotel (at twice the price), but the Sheraton is a small hotel. Dorm?!? No way, that's exaggeration.
Old May 4, 2013, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
The Sheraton and the Park Hyatt are in different categories: Sheraton is 4-star; Hyatt is 5-star. The prices reflect this, as do the accommodations. After all, if Starwood had a 5-star property here it would probably be branded as LC.
Old May 4, 2013, 2:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by rumblefox
The Park Hyatt is just down the street and it's way better. The Sheraton is more like a dorm.

Both statements correct. But the Hyatt is ways toooooo expensive!
Old May 4, 2013, 6:03 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Zurich... Best Hotel?

I stayed at the 4pts for a week and thought it was great. Decent little bar, neat building reuse, huge jr suite and in an area with lots of decent shopping and eating. Would stay there again.
Old May 5, 2013, 3:24 pm

Programs: IML GOLD, Bonvoy LTPE, WOH Globalist, AAEXPLT
I stayed at 4 points couple months ago and it was pretty decent, right inside a mall so you have a lot of shopping and dining options. But if you're using points redemption.... forget it. I believe it was 16 or 20k starpoints for one free night when the nightly rate was $130-140chf. Only drawback is that the cab to the airport was around 60chf.
Old May 5, 2013, 3:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by buylowsellhigh
I stayed at 4 points couple months ago and it was pretty decent, right inside a mall so you have a lot of shopping and dining options. But if you're using points redemption.... forget it. I believe it was 16 or 20k starpoints for one free night when the nightly rate was $130-140chf. Only drawback is that the cab to the airport was around 60chf.
IMO, neither hotel is a place to use pts. Id pay only if it was cheap enough and I couldnt get anything off of PL

ZRH is just 1 of a few places where PL is the way to go, due to the high everyday rates
Old May 5, 2013, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by buylowsellhigh
Since the 4P is linked to a S-Bahn station with a decent connection to ZRH there is no need for a taxi.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: DL Diamond
So I gather the 4P is the easiest hotel for airport overnight? Will be arriving 8pm and departing 11am the next day.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
The train is fast, convenient, clean and surprisingly decently priced (for Switzerland). You will have no problems reaching hotels when interconnecting with a tram.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 11:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DC777Fan
So I gather the 4P is the easiest hotel for airport overnight? Will be arriving 8pm and departing 11am the next day.
Ive done by share of both overnight stays due to arriving after all the US bound flights have left for the day and staying at least 2 nights. When I simply need a room for the night I stay by the airport usually The Radisson which is in airport, but there are many hotels near by with free shuttles, (not to any in the city itself). When staying for a min of 2 nights I will head into the city

The only time I would head into the city when staying 1 night is if I was to meet up with friends or were gonna be there earlier enough to say take a boat ride on the lake.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by craz
Ive done by share of both overnight stays due to arriving after all the US bound flights have left for the day and staying at least 2 nights. When I simply need a room for the night I stay by the airport usually The Radisson which is in airport, but there are many hotels near by with free shuttles, (not to any in the city itself). When staying for a min of 2 nights I will head into the city

The only time I would head into the city when staying 1 night is if I was to meet up with friends or were gonna be there earlier enough to say take a boat ride on the lake.
Thanks will probably stay by the airport. Rad Blu is ~400USD but a few other ones nearby with a shuttle are in the ~150USD ballpark. I guess we'll do one of those...
Old Jul 15, 2015, 12:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DC777Fan
Thanks will probably stay by the airport. Rad Blu is ~400USD but a few other ones nearby with a shuttle are in the ~150USD ballpark. I guess we'll do one of those...
Yea the Rad does get up there. Usually used my pts and got the 2nd night free due to having the CC.But those days are now gone. And its now 70k instead of 50k. If I didnt have enough pts Id simply go MS them, as 70k requires $14k in GCs using the CCarlson CC. I think they give you 80k once you spend the min spend. But MSing for 70k should cost apx $120, so thats OK by me. CCs fee is $89 so that too is agood deal compared to $400 or dealing with shuttles. Or stay at the Park Inn shuttle needed by less pts

Love that the Rad is a very quick and short walk from the arrivals area. Depending where one is flying in from you may just simply walk outside cross the roadway(2 lanes) and be at the front door. Or for most flights walk out(free carts you can use) cross the street as if you heading to the trains and once inside simply head Left and follow the signs to the lobby. In the morn its the opposite actually since I was flying out with UA I simply walked out the main door and into T1(I believe) < 5 mins. carts all over or at the drop pt when walking thru the mall indicated above.

Used to stay at the former Airport Renaissance by simply jumping on the tram for a 10 min ride, its been torn down. Sometimes at the Hilton (free shuttle).

If you dont end up @ The Rad, when you check in ask about signing up for a specific time for the shuttle the next morn.Some places are 1st come 1st go while others have a sign up sheet
Old Jul 16, 2015, 3:15 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
of the SPG properties, I'd recommend the new Sheraton West for a quick overnight. It's relatively convenient using train and/or tram from the airport, and is the freshest and newest property with a lounge. Nothing around but for a quick stay this should not matter. Note in Zurich prices vary greatly, so points could be a good deal mid-week, but most likely cash rates will be the better option for weekends. YMMV
Old Aug 26, 2015, 1:45 am
Used to be 'jwienner'

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I'm heading to Zurich for a night in a few weeks.. Haven't booked my hotel yet. I have a free Sheraton night from the promo that I could burn. Seems like a good redemption to me. Anyone stay there recently? I'm obviously not counting on an upgrade
Old Aug 26, 2015, 5:02 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
The Sheraton West was one of the few properties that upgraded me to a suite this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.