Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Osaka: Which Starwood?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: SPG Plat 100, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by skylighter7867
Exception value for Cat 2 at Osaka for Sheraton. You cannot find cheaper hotel alternative. One stop to the long eating and shopping street (Nihombashi station). Direct airport shuttle downstairs. I do that any day. St Regis is nice, but I would rather spend the money on shopping and eating as Sheraton is not bad either.^ Considering value and convenience.
Agreed. I stayed at the Sheraton Osaka because it was so much cheaper than the other Starwood hotels in the area. It's right next to public transport, too, so it was easy to make day trips to Kyoto, Mt. Koya, etc. The breakfast wasn't bad, and the rooms were small but nice.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: SPG Plat97, AA PLT, Delta SM
Enjoy the IC Osaka, only stayed once for 3 nights last year but only paid for 1 night.
Thanks! Will do (first non-spg stay in about 2 years!).

In regards to Sheraton Osaka, that's my least favorite option out the SPG lot. One thing that Sheraton Osaka has, that the other SPG hotels doesn't, is the direct bus from the Kansai Airport to the hotel. Also really great (and cheap) Zaru noodle shop nearby. Didn't care for the regular room I got at the Sheraton for my only stay and location is least desirable out of the lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.