Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Malpensa (MXP) Airport, Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Malpensa (MXP) Airport, Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2011, 3:09 pm

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by Keyser
€30 a day....
As far as I know the price is under 20 €.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
As far as I know the price is under 20 €.
the website says €30....
Old Oct 18, 2011, 1:24 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by Keyser
the website says €30....
The 30 % off price was - roundabout three months ago - under 20 €.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 1:36 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Base Camp for Northern Italy??

My wife and I will be visiting Italy in June, 2012. We will be driving round trip from Paris, so we need a "base camp" in Northern Italy. We have booked 5 nights at this property (28,000 points total, due to 5th night free) on the following assumptions:

1. We want to see Como for a day, Brescia for a day, Maggiore for a day, maybe Milan and some others in the area. By staying at this hotel, instead of one of the hotels in the city, we will save a lot of time by not fighting traffic out every morning and back every evening.

2. The hotel will be clean and modern and not very exciting. It has a lounge so we get breakfast. We will be staying at other more interesting properties during the trip and we are fine with "normal" for this part.

3. The parking charge is annoying (because of airport prices), but it would be the same charge (about 30 EUR) in the city.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by sbrower
My wife and I will be visiting Italy in June, 2012. We will be driving round trip from Paris, so we need a "base camp" in Northern Italy. We have booked 5 nights at this property (28,000 points total, due to 5th night free) on the following assumptions:

1. We want to see Como for a day, Brescia for a day, Maggiore for a day, maybe Milan and some others in the area. By staying at this hotel, instead of one of the hotels in the city, we will save a lot of time by not fighting traffic out every morning and back every evening.

2. The hotel will be clean and modern and not very exciting. It has a lounge so we get breakfast. We will be staying at other more interesting properties during the trip and we are fine with "normal" for this part.

3. The parking charge is annoying (because of airport prices), but it would be the same charge (about 30 EUR) in the city.
For Como ( and Lake Como ) it is a good position. For Maggiore ( ??? ), if you mean Lago Maggiore, it is also a good position and you can visit also Lago d'Orta on your way. For Milan it is also fine and you can arive Milan easily by train. The station in Malpensa is quite under the hotel
Old Oct 31, 2011, 8:33 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
For Como ( and Lake Como ) it is a good position. For Maggiore ( ??? ), if you mean Lago Maggiore, it is also a good position and you can visit also Lago d'Orta on your way. For Milan it is also fine and you can arive Milan easily by train. The station in Malpensa is quite under the hotel
Thank you for the comments. Do you know any place at the airport that has less expensive parking?
Old Oct 31, 2011, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by sbrower
Thank you for the comments. Do you know any place at the airport that has less expensive parking?
Contact the hotel by email and they will show you an alternative!
Old Oct 31, 2011, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The location is "close" to many places but is quite literally in the middle of nowhere by Italian standards. At the end of the day, you're not staying in any of the places you listed, so your ability to experience Italy will be very much curtailed. No cappuccino and croissant at the local bar in the morning, no late evening out carelessly strolling the piazzas until you're tired (without worrying when the next train leaves), etc.

O'Hare is close to downtown Chicago, the lakes in Wisconsin etc., but, to me, it's no place to stay on a vacation. YMMV, but if I were in you I'd consider splitting your night between a place like Stresa or Lugano and, after returning your car, Milano proper (take the train to Brescia from there).
Old Oct 31, 2011, 2:35 pm
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
I agree with above poster.
I stayed at Malpensa for day 1 and day 3, and stayed at Stresa's lake front hotel on day 2.
We could enjoy not only day time sightseeing, but evening drink, dinner, beautiful sunset(after 9pm in June) and sunrise time, very pieceful breakfast on the terrace facing the lake.

Only the problem I faced was that Sheraton Malpensa could not hold our luggage on day 2 becuase it is the airport hotel and for security reason, they can not hold baggages between day 1 and day 3.
They asked me to store the luggage at the airport so I had to bring it with me to Stresa.

For parking, the parking in front of the hotel could be one of the cheapest since it is not the covered parking.
Only 1 minute walk from the hotel entrance(just cross the street) and with the discount as the hotel guest, this should be best option to park your car.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 11:26 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Krisflyer Gold
Recently had two 1-night stays here. Similar experience both nights - in part because they gave us the same room...

Booked cheapest room and got an upgrade to their Junior Suite - a longer than normal regular room. Plat benefits included the usual 500 points, free wireless internet and lounge access.

Room was very quiet - excellent soundproofing. Bed/bathroom still appear very new.

Hotel seemed spookily empty. Possibly due in large part to holiday season. Large reception empty (but still with a fairly slow check in process), Hotel corridors empty, Lounge empty -including no staff to replace empty botels

The lounge is not at all private being separated from the 3rd floor atrium area by hip-height glass panes. This just added to the eerie emptiness.

Evening drinks experience was poor - one half full bottle of ropey red plus 4 bottles of beer. No staff appeared to top up the wine during the hour and half I was in the lounge (although signage suggested it should have been manned during that time). Same true of both our visits. They did have some OK snacks including hot. Also the coffee machine is pretty good.

Breakfast experience (in lounge) was very good. Lots of choice and of decent quality. It was still deserted though!

Also had two evening meals here. First time was pizza - pretty nasty unless you like extra extra cheese. Second time was a la carte - food and wine OK but pricey.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 7:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium
Enjoyed our [short] stay

We stayed at the Sheraton MXP last week, as we had an early flight the next morning.

Very convenient to the terminal, and we were upgraded to a junior suite. The club breakfast was comprehensive and pretty good, and while we got there too late for evening fare at the club, the leftovers also looked good.

We would definitely go again, in similar circumstances.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:19 am

Programs: Bonvoy AMB/LTE , Diamond HH, SEN LH
Originally Posted by STARFLEET
We stayed at the Sheraton MXP last week, as we had an early flight the next morning.

Very convenient to the terminal, and we were upgraded to a junior suite. The club breakfast was comprehensive and pretty good, and while we got there too late for evening fare at the club, the leftovers also looked good.

We would definitely go again, in similar circumstances.
I agree with you ,is a good value for only 70 € with BRG . I stayed last weekend here and received a juniorsuite

Old Jun 18, 2012, 8:20 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Stayed here in May and was upgraded to a very strange but fun workout room/suite. It was a nice room, but quite unpractical as it has a open bathroom.

What about this torture machine:

Bathroom

Old Jun 24, 2012, 9:22 am

Just completed a one night stay at the Sheraton Malpensa. I booked it via beatthetimer for 70€ and spend one of my SNA to get a diplomatic suite for sure. Upgrade went through 5 days prio to arrival, also your24 request was granted.

The hotel is located directly next to the malpensa express station. During check-in I was asked the normal questions, local welcome gift is a sheraton luggage tag.
First I got suite 3125. Interesting about this suite was the shower which was a whole separate room with four shower heads. But the open bathroom concept next to the entrance is weird.
But the air condition was not working and maintenance was not able to fix it. As summer can be pretty hot in Milan and the room already had 27 degrees I asked for another suite and got 3025 (same as the one of thomas199023 above).
Air condition was working here but this suite has no shower at all. There is only a tiny bathtub in the dark (hard to stand there) with a shower head that cannot be fixed to the wall because of missing slide bar. Thus one has to hold it all the time and take care not to water the whole room. That is just ridiculous, especially because there is part of the bath that could be a shower but the shower head is missing. Moreover a cover at the bathtub was missing, and also cover of one of the lamps was missing.
I complained again and got 2025 which is the one from the hotel's homepage. Same size as the others but nicer layout with separate guest toilet, dining table and sitting area. The bathroom is partly open to the sleeping room.
All in all this suite was nice but had also some issues which were fixed partly by maintenance:
  • Two light bulbs did not work - fixed
  • Shower door was really hard to open - fixed by removing the plastic under the door
  • Guest toilet bounced to the left and right as it is not fixed properly to the wall
  • Shower was not flat but had a normal shower tube of approximately 60*90cm. The whole shower was bigger but could not be used unless standing pretty crazy in it.
  • Slide bar of the shower head is also bouncing
  • Power outlet in the bathroom is broken thus hair dryer could not be used

As an excuse I found a bottle of sparkling wine and fruit platter in my suite in the evening.

Club lounge itself is pretty basic with very limited choice and amount of food and drinks. Nothing is refilled and no service offered. There are two PCs that should have a printer (information still there) but no printer in the lounge at all
Internet in the first suite was decent fast (around 2MB) but in the third not useable at all (Wlan 0.05MB, cable 0.2MB)
The bed was comfortable (simmons mattress) and big.
Another annoying factor was that the hotel is not 100% soundproof so once can hear the airplanes and also the constructions going on in front. Soundproof is possible also at the airport, e.g. Sheraton Frankfurt.
And it seems that the building was never planned as a hotel as the hallways are quite big, long ways, the air condition is much too weak in the whole hotel and elevators are slow. It all looked more like an exhibition area than a hotel.

All in all I would stay there again if I have to spend one night at Malpensa airport or the hotels in the city center are again too high. Malpensa express takes you in 30 minutes to Cadorna and back for 15€ on the same day.
Otherwise I would go for the Westin which has quire nice jr. suites and a good points upgrade options for their presidental suite.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:34 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Sheraton Malpensa Airport Hotel, Milan Italy

Yes, totally forgot to write about the Shower in that "suite" quite strange... Did you try the fitness machine? :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.