Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2010, 1:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
LOL. Regardless of the room type, the standard amenities for the Sheraton brand are the following:

Hotels:
shampoo
conditioner
(2) soaps

Resorts:
shampoo
conditioner
(2) soaps
shower gel
body sponge

Additional bath amenities that can be added to hotel premium rooms/suites:
shower gel
body sponge

Additional bath amenity that can be added to resort premium rooms/suites:
vanity pack

There is an approved corporate brand contingency in place that would allow for any additional bath amenities above not to be distributed unless they are specifically requested.

Note: Mouthwash does not appear in any Sheraton brand standards, although it is clear that some properties do distribute it.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
It was some "off" brand of mouthwash, so I guess this Sheraton was depleting it's stock.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 5:56 am
iwc

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
i'm surprised that there isn't a master thread either

anyway, isn't the lounge open on the weekend? heck thats the one place I stay on the weekend as it has an open lounge unless that has changed in the last two months?
The lounge was always open 7 days a week when I was there. CE what day were you there?

BTW I found this old Sheraton Gateway LAX link: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...x-gateway.html

I am sure there is a master thread for this property because it had a discussion of Shula's Steak House.

Last edited by iwc; Jan 27, 2010 at 6:01 am
Old Jan 27, 2010, 6:16 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iwc
The lounge was always open 7 days a week when I was there. CE what day were you there?

BTW I found this old Sheraton Gateway LAX link: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...x-gateway.html

I am sure there is a master thread for this property because it had a discussion of Shula's Steak House.
I chose not to include it in that 2003 thread because it was before the partial reno/upgrade that took place in late '04 IIRC.

I was there on a weekend, so maybe it's open weekdays? Can anyone confirm?
Old Jan 27, 2010, 7:04 am

Cheap Elite, first I would like to thank you for posting nice pictures and a review regarding just about every aspect of this hotel. This does help out folks like me when making a decision as to where to stay.

As for the toiletries, I don't know if it was this forum or some other. But someone had posted that some Sheratons were not putting toiletries in the rooms. One would either have to buy them or call to get them from housekeeping or the front desk. I can't recall the property or properties involved. But thanks for the reply. It is truly appreciated.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 8:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bishope2
Cheap Elite, first I would like to thank you for posting nice pictures and a review regarding just about every aspect of this hotel. This does help out folks like me when making a decision as to where to stay.

As for the toiletries, I don't know if it was this forum or some other. But someone had posted that some Sheratons were not putting toiletries in the rooms. One would either have to buy them or call to get them from housekeeping or the front desk. I can't recall the property or properties involved. But thanks for the reply. It is truly appreciated.
No thanks necessary, this is why I chose to participate in FT to help others as I've been help. You know...the "pass it on" theory. I hope my reports and participation here, helps others make sound decisions that fit their travel needs.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA EP 4+ million miles, Ambassador+ Elite
Gateway LAX

I always stay there versus the Westin which is less than 1/2 mile away. The rooms are nicer, as is the Lounge. The staff is very friendly and helpful too.

Last edited by 1AAFlyer; Jan 27, 2010 at 2:43 pm
Old Jan 27, 2010, 2:37 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1AAFlyer
I always stay there versus the Westin which is 1/2 block away. The rooms are nicer, as is the Lounge. The staff is very friendly and helpful too.
Not to turn this into a comparison thread, but the Westin is way more than a ½ block away. Based on your statement I don't want someone to read this and think it's ½ block away.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 7:40 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, VS Red, BA Blue
A quick 1 night stay and I was quite impressed. Check in took less than 2 minutes and in that time he gave me the upgrade, internet info, breakfast options and asked which amenity I wanted and I chose points. I requested a high floor and they put me on 12. Upgrade was from a traditional king to a large king suite. First impression of the room was nice and cosy, lighting was nice, bed turned down and music playing on TV. The nightstand lights had dimmer's which were useless since they are fluorescent bulbs, I would have liked the dimming. The bed was on an angled wall which made the room look like a nice apartment and not so much of a square boxy feel like a hotel room. Bathroom was small, had to close the door just to sit on the toilet, but it was clean. Bed comfortable and heard very little jet noise (but I do sleep with earplugs). I chose the complimentary club breakfast on the 15th floor, we were the only 2 in there and it was very nice. Selection of fruit, oatmeal, Starbucks coffee, OJ, hard boiled eggs and nice pastries. The best part was the amazing view of the runway, good plane watching with breakfast. Here's couple of iphone picks I snapped before bed.

Last edited by tagv12; Mar 23, 2010 at 7:46 pm
Old Mar 23, 2010, 8:28 pm

(2) soaps

(2) soaps
lol. Gotta have that 2 in there for us.

-David
Old Mar 24, 2010, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
.......There is an approved corporate brand contingency in place that would allow for any additional bath amenities above not to be distributed unless they are specifically requested
The Sheraton Madison provides loofah and bathrobe in their standard guest rooms (also in the Club rooms).
Old Mar 25, 2010, 11:20 am

Programs: *wood gold, aeroplan
I stayed here on March 7th as we had an early flight out of LAX.

I agree with CE's review of the property.

Check-in was very quick, and we were able to check in early, without any question (wasn't on the reservation, I'm corp. preferred level).

Room was ok. It was clean, bed was comfortable. I was expecting there to be robes, as other Sheraton's I've stayed at have had robes.

There was only the lounge open for dinner, which was disappointing as there isn't much available around the area for food (we had already returned the rental car). The food and service were decent. But it was a small menu.

We printed off our boarding passes for free.

We used their shuttle to the airport in the morning. It was very efficient and gets ^^!

Considering that this property was $70 less than the Westin, and was much closer to the airport, I'd stay here again.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 9:08 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Seems the upscale Italian Restaurant formerly Shula's SteakHouse is closed on Sundays..as I discovered when I stayed Late Feb...no worries I thought, I had noticed a Large California Pizza Outlet a block away when passing on the Airport Shuttle..So off I walk. Imagine my Disappointment to discover it was the Corporate Head Office
Old Mar 29, 2010, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
The Club lounge is closed again. Not sure why. They are giving out appetizer and breakfast coupons.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 6:47 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by stimpy
The Club lounge is closed again. Not sure why. They are giving out appetizer and breakfast coupons.
Indeed so - was there last weekend. But not to complain, I was quite happy with the full buffet breakfast downstairs and appetizer in the bar in the evening (although the bar was rather crowded, so finding a couple of seats was a challenge at first).

In line with the previous commenters, I was very happy with the stay - fast checkin, upgraded to a suite without asking (set up prior to my checkin presumably as there was a personnally addressed welcome letter and some cookies etc already placed in the room), ammenety offered, late checkout offered, free internet for plats mentioned at checkin, breakfast and appetizer coupons, good customer service all round... The only thing that sucks at the Gateway is the self-parking.

Andy
Old Mar 30, 2010, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Now I'm starting to feel slighted.

No welcome letter, no cookies, no mention of free internet (although I didn't need it to be mentioned) and no complimentary bottled water.

On the bright side, plat amenity was mentioned and got a huge executive suite upgrade, the gym is decent enough and the chicken quesadilla appetizer isn't bad for an airport hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.