Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Osaka & Special Promotion for Platinums good til 30 Dec 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Osaka & Special Promotion for Platinums good til 30 Dec 2010

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2010, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Pt.
Thumbs up St. Regis Osaka & Special Promotion for Platinums good til 30 Dec 2010

This is the link
http://www.starwoodhotelsjapan.com/j...language=ja_JP
It's currently in Japanese only. I'll summarize three most important points.
1. Use Code "SPGEXWD"for Sunday to Friday. and "SPGEXWE" for Staurday and Holiday
2. Promotion Period 2010/10/01 until 2010/12/30
3. 5000points extra for platinum member, plus 500 welcome amenity

Extra Details about platinum treatment in this property
1. No Club lounge and you get complimentary drinks from mini Bar instead
2. Free Internet
3. Free Breakfast at LA VEDUTA (Buffet Style)
4. Platinum Amenity
5. Free upgrade to Grand Deluxe Suite subject to availablity
6. SOTHY's is used as Bath Amenity at all rooms and suites

Some Extra information I just found:

SPG MEM OPENING SPCL. PACKAGE INCLUDES DAILY BREAKFAST, ST. REGIS OSAKA SIGNATURE BLOODY MARY WELCOME DRINK, SAKE RITUAL (UNTIL OCTOBER 31, 2010) AT THE ROOF TOP GARDEN WITH COMPLIMENTARY ANTIPASTO FROM LA VEDUTA. ADDITIONAL BENEFIT OF 5,000 BONUS STARPOINTS PER STAY FOR PLATINUM MEMBER / GUARANTEED UPGRADE TO GRANDE DELUXE ROOM (1KING/51 SQ METERS) OR GRANDE DELUXE PRIMIER ROOM (2DOUBLE/46 SQ METERS) FROM DELUXE ROOM (43 SQ METERS) FOR GOLD AND PREFERRED MEMBER..

Cheers

Last edited by pelapela; Sep 8, 2010 at 7:13 am
Old Sep 8, 2010, 6:45 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by pelapela
2. Promotion Period 2010/10/01 until 2010/12/30
Actually, the promotion starts from 2010/10/05.

Last edited by miroqua; Sep 8, 2010 at 6:56 am
Old Sep 8, 2010, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Pt.
Originally Posted by miroqua
Actually, the promotion starts from 2010/10/05.
I just tried the promo. It works from 2010/10/03. So we are both wrong! Ha!Ha.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 8:53 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
We already have October 2010 reservations on FWNs so this will not apply for us. Have been in contact with the Hotel and confirmed they will provide all benefits which have also been noted in another FT thread on the prop which was sent to SAG (have no idea what that stands for) Platinum members. The net is I am getting the feeling this prop will at least in the beginning treat P members well. I say that with hesitation as we all know what happened with the St Regis Singapore. At the present yen exchange rate it just makes sense to use FWNs or maybe even points in Japan now. IMHO
Old Sep 9, 2010, 1:47 am

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
We already have October 2010 reservations on FWNs so this will not apply for us. Have been in contact with the Hotel and confirmed they will provide all benefits which have also been noted in another FT thread on the prop which was sent to SAG (have no idea what that stands for) Platinum members. The net is I am getting the feeling this prop will at least in the beginning treat P members well. I say that with hesitation as we all know what happened with the St Regis Singapore. At the present yen exchange rate it just makes sense to use FWNs or maybe even points in Japan now. IMHO
+1
Old Oct 4, 2010, 7:04 am

Programs: SPG>P & STARWOOD Privilege
Opened 3 Days Ago

Has anyone stayed here yet? I'll stay for 2 nights in December.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 4:11 am
Suspended

I want to book one night with the 5.000 Platinum points... - Can I book over the phone? any english page? I can't understand japanese and google translate makes many problems..
Old Oct 12, 2010, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by hoteleksperten
I want to book one night with the 5.000 Platinum points... - Can I book over the phone? any english page? I can't understand japanese and google translate makes many problems..
Yes there is an English home page & English speaking front desk staff to assist you with reservations.

However, as a "category 6" hotel: I don't think 5000 pts will get you a room... and if using points, best to call SPG reservations anyway with English easily available.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 9:45 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Barefootdr
Has anyone stayed here yet? I'll stay for 2 nights in December.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:34 am

SD1k... I found the 'other' St R Osaka thread immediately after my post in this thread, but thank you anyway for linking>
Old Oct 12, 2010, 3:52 pm
Suspended

Yes there is an English home page & English speaking front desk staff to assist you with reservations.

However, as a "category 6" hotel: I don't think 5000 pts will get you a room... and if using points, best to call SPG reservations anyway with English easily available.
i'm not using points, see the links... platinum members gets 5.000 points if booking throw the japanese site, but i can't understand japanese, so how do I book?
Old Oct 12, 2010, 7:05 pm

i'm not using points, see the links... if booking throw the japanese site platinum members gets 5.000 points, but i can't understand japanese, so how do I book?
OK hoteleksperten.. I assume English is not your native tongue ( sorry in advance if this assumption is incorrect )... your original post did not state; ...."gets" 5.000 points as you just now made clear in quote, you had said, book "with" 5.000 platinum points...

Anyway, moot point by splitting grammatical hairs, could be interpreted both ways.

Let me walk you through accessing the ENGLISH homepage:

1) click on the link provided by OP

2) at the TOP RIGHT of the JAPANESE homepage just to the LEFT of the ST R CREST LOGO is a drop down menu ( like this: 言語 2 Chinese characters or Kanji)

3) click on the drop down menu > click on ENGLISH to read about hotel etc

4) follow OP's directions when booking, and/or my suggestion of calling the hotel, asking for English speaking staff to assist you in verification of your online reservation ( as you don't speak OR read Japanese ) in which you are a SPG PLAT and want to make sure you will receive the 5000 bonus points for that stay

5) ENJOY your stay

Sincerely hope this helps....
Old Oct 13, 2010, 6:02 pm
Suspended

OK hoteleksperten.. I assume English is not your native tongue ( sorry in advance if this assumption is incorrect )... your original post did not state; ...."gets" 5.000 points as you just now made clear in quote, you had said, book "with" 5.000 platinum points...

Anyway, moot point by splitting grammatical hairs, could be interpreted both ways.

Let me walk you through accessing the ENGLISH homepage:

1) click on the link provided by OP

2) at the TOP RIGHT of the JAPANESE homepage just to the LEFT of the ST R CREST LOGO is a drop down menu ( like this: 言語 2 Chinese characters or Kanji)

3) click on the drop down menu > click on ENGLISH to read about hotel etc

4) follow OP's directions when booking, and/or my suggestion of calling the hotel, asking for English speaking staff to assist you in verification of your online reservation ( as you don't speak OR read Japanese ) in which you are a SPG PLAT and want to make sure you will receive the 5000 bonus points for that stay

5) ENJOY your stay

Sincerely hope this helps....
Thank you! I've typed in the promotion code: SPGEXWD, but it says: The promotion code you requested is invalid. The following choices are available.

:-( What do I do?
Old Oct 14, 2010, 1:44 am

Thank you! I've typed in the promotion code: SPGEXWD, but it says: The promotion code you requested is invalid. The following choices are available.

At this point I think it best that you call the hotel directly, and tell them that you tried but failed to be able to make a reservation online with the special code as a Plat member. Ask them to assist you in doing so....Good luck
Old Oct 14, 2010, 11:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Fairmont PC Plat

Call the SPG desk to book the reservation over the phone - I did this and was able to apply the code.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.