Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Best Star Alliance Gold lounge in HKG?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Star Alliance Gold lounge in HKG?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2014, 9:36 pm

*A two guests into two lounges

Any *A gold card member encounter any problem signing in one guest into one *A lounge, and 2nd guest into another *A lounge, such as TG and UA lounges in HKG? Anybody done it before? Or made a request to lounge attendant to let you bring in two guests, and if so, what was result?

Thanks.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 10:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by tangoll
Anybody done it before?
No, but thanks for the idea

You should be fine.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by tangoll
Any *A gold card member encounter any problem signing in one guest into one *A lounge, and 2nd guest into another *A lounge, such as TG and UA lounges in HKG? Anybody done it before? Or made a request to lounge attendant to let you bring in two guests, and if so, what was result?

Thanks.
What result would that be ? DENIED !

If the lounge agent had been that strict follow the rules about no UA IFL or TG F lounge access when flying first segment in C at HKG but F for the second segment, what makes you think you can bring in 2 guest ?

Seriously, what makes you think they will allow you to bring in 2 guest but the rest of the people can only bring one ? The rule is there so that the lounge would not be at capacity ! Especially in the midday hours, both UA and TG lounges are the busiest, as all 3 UA widebodies are leaving one after another, combine with the NH flights leaving early afternoon (yes, NH use UA lounge in HKG too), and one TG flight leaving midday, both 2 lounges will be packed !

If you are so desperate to bring in 2 guests into the lounge, don't be so cheap and go to ebay and spend $10 or $20 for a UA Club one time pass ! They are plenty on ebay.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Nov 22, 2014 at 11:50 pm
Old Nov 7, 2016, 5:51 am

Soon I'll be in HKG.
I'm *A Gold and was wondering which is the best lounge I'm elegible. My flight with ET is at 01:30.
According to the HKG Airport website there are five lounges I can access
http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/p...e-lounges.html

SilverKris Lounge
Club Bauhinia - Hong Kong Airlines Lounge
Plaza Premium (West but I assume also East, or not?)
Royal Orchid Lounge
United Club

How many hours worth it going before for enjoying the lounge(s)?

Last edited by Sciamano; Nov 9, 2016 at 8:04 am Reason: better comprehension
Old Nov 7, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
SilverKris.

Originally Posted by Sciamano
Soon I'll fly to HKG with ET.
I'm *A Gold and was wondering which is the best lounge I'm elegible. My inbound flight is at 01:30.

SilverKris Lounge
Royal Orchid Lounge
United Club

Old Nov 7, 2016, 3:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Soon I'll fly to HKG with ET.
I'm *A Gold and was wondering which is the best lounge I'm elegible. My inbound flight is at 01:30.
Are you connecting or is this just an arrival? If an arrival, there is no lounge access. If connecting, I suspect the key question is, which lounges are open at that hour (01:30)? May be only Plaza Premium.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Are you connecting or is this just an arrival? If an arrival, there is no lounge access. If connecting, I suspect the key question is, which lounges are open at that hour (01:30)? May be only Plaza Premium.
I posted my inbound flight. At arrival I will exit the airport.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by 747FC
SilverKris.
worth it for 3 hours?
Old Nov 8, 2016, 7:25 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
worth it for 3 hours?
Depends on your options:

What would you be doing if you were not in the lounge, and what would that cost you.?

The HK SilverKris lounge was nice, but if I was arriving at any city at 0130, my priority would be finding a nice hotel room.

Perhaps you can share more about your circumstances.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by 747FC
Depends on your options:

What would you be doing if you were not in the lounge, and what would that cost you.?

The HK SilverKris lounge was nice, but if I was arriving at any city at 0130, my priority would be finding a nice hotel room.

Perhaps you can share more about your circumstances.
I'm not arriving at 01:30 but I'm leaving at that time.
Maybe before I wasn't clear enough due to my bad English...
Old Nov 11, 2016, 6:56 am

Programs: LH/BA/DL
I'm not arriving at 01:30 but I'm leaving at that time.
I believe that the SQ Silverkris lounge is only open unti 22:30. UA and TG lounges may be open a little longer, but not much. Check the Star Alliance web page for opening hours.

This is probably why some Star Alliance carriers with later flights offer access to non-airline lounges like the Plaza Premium lounge, which is open 24h.

Last edited by Greg45; Nov 11, 2016 at 7:02 am
Old Nov 11, 2016, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Greg45
I believe that the SQ Silverkris lounge is only open unti 22:30. UA and TG lounges may be open a little longer, but not much. Check the Star Alliance web page for opening hours.

This is probably why some Star Alliance carriers with later flights offer access to non-airline lounges like the Plaza Premium lounge, which is open 24h.
According to the link I previously posted, TG Lounge closes at 23:00, SQ at 23:30 UA at 23:59, Club Bauhinia at 00:30 and the Plaza Premium is 24h open.
I was wondering if arriving at the airport at 21:00 (last Ferry from Macau leaves at 19:45) I could risk to get bored all those hours at the airport.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: LH/BA/DL
... I could risk to get bored all those hours at the airport.
Definetely. Even though HKG is one of the nicer airports to spend time at, 4 1/2 hours can be very long. Especially once the nicer lounges have closed.

Depending on your schedule and visa situation you could go through Hong Kong.
1) Leave Macau later and take the ferry to Hong Kong. From there take the subway and airport express to the airport, or
2) Leave Macau earlier and spend some time in Hongkong. If you hav luggage you can check it in at the train station any time. Maybe have dinner in Hong Kong, the IFC Mall right above the station has a lot of restaurant choices.
Just an idea.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Soon I'll be in HKG.
I'm *A Gold and was wondering which is the best lounge I'm elegible. My flight with ET is at 01:30.

SilverKris Lounge

Royal Orchid Lounge
United Club

According to the link I previously posted, TG Lounge closes at 23:00, SQ at 23:30 UA at 23:59, Club Bauhinia at 00:30 and the Plaza Premium is 24h open.
I was wondering if arriving at the airport at 21:00 (last Ferry from Macau leaves at 19:45) I could risk to get bored all those hours at the airport.
3 not 5, the two that I highlighted are contract lounges, which means you have to fly the specific *A partners that issue a lounge invite in order to use those two lounges.

HX lounge is a partner of BR, you have to buy a BR ticket that operated by HX in order to use it.

Plaza Premium is a contract lounge for LX.

FYI, you should always use *A lounge finder, not airport website, as airport website may not have up to date and simply wrong information. And using the right tool it show correctly that you can only have 3 choices with plaza premium being contracted which you can't use.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/s.../lounge-finder

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Nov 18, 2016 at 8:05 pm
Old Nov 18, 2016, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
OP has to pay for Plaza Premium since it is a paid lounge not *G lounge

Originally Posted by Greg45

As far as I know only LX use Plaza.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.