Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Lounges at BRUSSELS Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges at BRUSSELS Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2010, 1:21 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by fuseli
Any idea what the prevailing *A lounge availability is at BRU?
BD is withdrawing its BRU service very shortly, so that lounge will almost certainly disappear. The routes are being transferred to SN, who have their own lounge situated at the other end of the same corridor. This is a *G lounge, and somewhat less than busy on my one and only visit two weeks ago.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 2:27 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
BD is withdrawing its BRU service very shortly, so that lounge will almost certainly disappear.
Actually, the BD LHR-BRU service has already transferred to SN a few days ago. I just checked, and the BD services to Leeds and Teesside seem to have gone as well. However, the BRU-EDI service is still operated by bmi regional. I agree though that the lounge will probably close quite soon, if it hasn't already. The SN lounge is nicer than the BD lounge anyway.

The Sunrise Lounge is in a completely different part of the airport, at the end of pier A, which at the time of the Africa departures is called pier T. The lounge is only available to those travelling to Africa on SN and is closed when the end of pier A is just for normal Schengen departures. This means I had no chance to try it out yet.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 4:30 am

Programs: EY Silver, SPG Platinum
Was in both the Schengen SN BRU lounge and the SN Sunrise Lounge for Africa bound flights last week, and in terms of offerings - drinks, snacks, etc in both lounges are identical (bread, croissants, cereal, and standard drinks selection). The Sunrise Lounge was packed compared to the Schengen lounge when I was there and at the time there was a number of kids running around making noise. Both lounges are also not particular big.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 10:00 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Brussels Airport

I'm here at the moment for a flight from BRU ✈ LHR... there's no lounge in sight. They don't do much for *G either... I wanted to switch to an earlier flight as a stand-by, but because I was in "blight" class, my ticket was unchangeable even with *G status.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 2:48 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by dylanks
I'm here at the moment for a flight from BRU ✈ LHR... there's no lounge in sight. They don't do much for *G either... I wanted to switch to an earlier flight as a stand-by, but because I was in "blight" class, my ticket was unchangeable even with *G status.
Stand-by is not a common practice in Europe even for top-tier status frequent flyers -- either your fare allows for changes without penalty or it involves a penalty of some sort (perhaps even a penalty clause of not allowing any voluntary changes under most/any/all conditions).

There's an SAS lounge on the Schengen side/Terminal A.

Brussels Airlines -- a member of Star Alliance -- provides access to the Brussels Airline lounge and the Sunrise lounge at BRU too.

BMI has a lounge in Terminal B which is accessible for *G flying from BRU-LHR or other non-Schengen destination on a Star Alliance carrier. You have to take an elevator or stairs to get to the rather isolated area above the departure gate level in this terminal. It's across from the Jet Airways lounge. It's easy to not know where it is if not paying close attention or asking for assistance.

Last edited by GUWonder; Feb 8, 2010 at 2:53 am
Old Feb 8, 2010, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by dylanks
If you took the 9:50 flight in the end, we were on the same flight.

There were two lounges available to you: The Brussels Airlines lounge, and the bmi lounge, both one floor up from the departures level.

As GUWonder mentioned, no stand-by is possible, except as governed by the fare rules.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 7:44 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
More on Brussels

Yes, I found the lounge locations in the in-flight magazine, so that wasn't particularly useful. Thanks for the tip on stand-by not really being allowed with *G on the cheaper tickets in Europe.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 8:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Just passed Schengenlounges in transit.
Iwill say the SK one is slightly better than Iberia, Brussels as number 3. All 3 next too each other. Inconvenient location of restrooms down the hall.
Also annoying with french/strange keyboards in Brusselslounge.
I had access to all with *G and OW emerald cards, on a *A flight on codeshare with AA.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 9:48 am

The SK one has toilets in the lounge.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by travelkid
Inconvenient location of restrooms down the hall.
The SK lounge has its own restrooms. (Looks as if SmilingBoy beat me with this information ... )

Also annoying with french/strange keyboards in Brusselslounge.
What's so strange about them? They are perfectly normal for Brussels / Belgium.
But you are right. Maybe I should complain about the QUERY keyboards every time I enter a lounge in an English speaking country...

Last edited by Koby; Feb 9, 2010 at 9:58 am Reason: Information already posted
Old Feb 10, 2010, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by Koby
What's so strange about them? They are perfectly normal for Brussels / Belgium.
But you are right. Maybe I should complain about the QUERY keyboards every time I enter a lounge in an English speaking country...
And most other languages - except French and German...
Old Feb 12, 2010, 6:59 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
I was at the SN lounge at the "B" gate section of the terminal (to fly BRU-LHR), and it was rather busy and dire - the only food being very basic little rolls with either ham or cheese in them in the fridge, with no tongs. Staff friendly enough, but it was quite unpleasant. The BMI lounge was closed because it was "too cold", so the "Diamond" lounge used by many of the non-aligned carriers was open for *G passengers, and that was more spacious. The BA lounge looked the most inviting but I wasn't in a position to try it!
Old Mar 9, 2010, 7:29 am

According to the M&M website, the SN Sunrise Lounge is now open all day:

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...en&cid=1000188

"As from March, the Sunrise Lounge, located at the T-zone of Pier A in Brussels Airport will be open to Business class passengers from Brussels Airlines, Lufthansa and Swiss every weekday till 9pm. The lounge is also open to Miles & More passengers travelling on a Miles & More carrier, and Star Alliance Gold card holders travelling on a Star Alliance carrier.

Voted one of the top 50 lounges worldwide in 2009, the lounge offers a special relaxation room with subdued lighting and full length chaise lounges, as well as a secluded business area and full internet access.

With warm welcoming staff, the Sunrise Lounge is perfect for passengers waiting to board."

I haven't been there yet, but I will try at some point. It should be noted that if you depart from one of the lower A gates (i.e. below, say, A60), you will have quite a walk back to the gate from the lounge.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
"As from March, the Sunrise Lounge, located at the T-zone of Pier A in Brussels Airport will be open to Business class passengers from Brussels Airlines, Lufthansa and Swiss every weekday till 9pm. The lounge is also open to Miles & More passengers travelling on a Miles & More carrier, and Star Alliance Gold card holders travelling on a Star Alliance carrier.

Voted one of the top 50 lounges worldwide in 2009, the lounge offers a special relaxation room with subdued lighting and full length chaise lounges, as well as a secluded business area and full internet access.
These are the same entry requirements as for the current Business Class Lounge at the A-gates, correct? If the description of the lounge is correct I think the choice is easily made…

But I generally use the SAS lounge at BRU. Can someone compare this new lounge and the SAS lounge?
Old Mar 11, 2010, 12:11 pm

Programs: LH, Qantas
Iwill say the SK one is slightly better than Iberia, Brussels as number 3. All 3 next too each other. Inconvenient location of restrooms down the hall.
It has to be really good. IMHO Iberia's lounge in Brussels is really good and really quiet, something I really appreciate after the usually crowded FRA LH's lounges. Iberia has also its own restrooms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.