Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Lounges at BRUSSELS Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2009, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Anybody know what lounge is best for *A gold members at Brussels International Airport? As I am traveling on 9W (Jet Airways) Premiere Class, they are giving me access to The Galleries Club Lounge by British Airways, but I was wondering if anybody was familiar with this airport and knew if there was a better *A lounge there.

Thanks,
AY
Old May 11, 2009, 5:48 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Silver
Acording to the handy reference guide, SK and BD both have (had?) lounges there. I have never been to Brussels, so anyone else care to weigh in on one of these?
Old May 11, 2009, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TG Gold, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
I have been to the nice SK lounge - but it's on the Schengen side. If BD lounge exist, then it should be on the international side - as UK is non-schengen.

Though, if the OP is flying Jet Airways (9W), he wouldn't be able to access a *G lounge based on his status, as 9W is a non star carrier.
Old May 11, 2009, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Whoa... good point. 9W isn't a fully integrated partner into *A. I keep crediting my Jet Airways miles to my Miles and More account, so I keep forgetting that they aren't actually part of the alliance. Well, I guess it's the BA lounge then...
Old May 11, 2009, 8:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
As you're flying Premiere Class, not sure why you want to go the BA lounge in Brussels. Jet have a much nicer lounge of their own for First/Premiere Class passengers. They only send Jet Privilege Platinum & Gold members flying economy to the BA lounge.
Old May 12, 2009, 3:43 am

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
The BD lounge at BRU was, when I was through last July, pretty standard for a BD lounge as far as I've experienced, with limited food offered but better beer than normally available (obviously). There's a fair bit of seating and a few TVs, and it wasn't terribly busy at the time. No washrooms inside, so you'd have to make the trek back down the hall.

The 9W lounge, however, is located across the hall from the BD lounge, and although it wasn't open when I was through, looked much nicer. I'd say if you had the option, start there and consider the BD lounge as a backup plan.
Old May 12, 2009, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Yeah, I really want to get to the 9W one. Has anyone been there recently? The reason I ask is that when I called 9W yesterday, I was told that they are presently using the BA Galleries Lounge for their Premiere guests. I hope that this agent was just misinformed, but you never know...
Old May 12, 2009, 7:08 am

FYI: Galleries is the new lounge concept of BA lounges, introduced last year at T5, and being rolled out across the network (Terraces being refurbished to Galleries standard).

I've been to Galleries lounges at BA outstations and they are quite nice, so BRU should be a good BA lounge if it is a "Galleries" and not the old Terraces.
Old May 12, 2009, 7:12 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
As M&M HON (or SEN for that matter), you can also use the Brussels Airlines Lounge. This is nicer than the bmi lounge. But whilst I have not been in there, from the outside, the Jet Airways lounge looks nicer than the BD, SN and BA lounges.
Old May 12, 2009, 7:26 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Petrus
FYI: Galleries is the new lounge concept of BA lounges, introduced last year at T5, and being rolled out across the network (Terraces being refurbished to Galleries standard).

I've been to Galleries lounges at BA outstations and they are quite nice, so BRU should be a good BA lounge if it is a "Galleries" and not the old Terraces.
Actually if I am bit mistaken, BRU was the first lounge BA upgraded to the Galleries concept (i.e. before T5).

Personally I quite like the BA BRU lounge with my only niggle being that the loos are outside. Otherwise it's a great lounge.

Last edited by Traveloguy; May 12, 2009 at 7:37 am
Old May 12, 2009, 9:48 am
Original Poster

That's good to hear. Word has it that Jet shut its 9W lounge in Brussels, since they no longer have an F service there. Hopefully the J part is still open... anyone with recent experience?
Old May 12, 2009, 10:10 am

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
The only *G lounge in the non-Schengen zone is the BD lounge, which is nothing to write home about really.

The SAS lounge is quite OK in my opinion, but it's located in the Schengen zone to which you most likely won't get access.

But as already pointed out, 9W is not part of *A, so you most likely won't get access to any of these.
Old May 12, 2009, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by jacob_m
The only *G lounge in the non-Schengen zone is the BD lounge, which is nothing to write home about really.

The SAS lounge is quite OK in my opinion, but it's located in the Schengen zone to which you most likely won't get access.

But as already pointed out, 9W is not part of *A, so you most likely won't get access to any of these.
I don't know anything about the 9W lounge in BRU, but as others say, the BD lounge in BRU is pretty standard. Nothing out of the ordinary, but there are two neat things: 1) Leffe (decent) beer available in Blond or Brune 2) Small cans of Coke - like 250 mL perhaps? Pretty neat, and easy to tuck into a bag for the flight home

-jeremy
Old Aug 1, 2009, 8:27 pm

Programs: VS Gold
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Actually if I am bit mistaken, BRU was the first lounge BA upgraded to the Galleries concept (i.e. before T5).

Personally I quite like the BA BRU lounge with my only niggle being that the loos are outside. Otherwise it's a great lounge.
Hi, I'm a bit behind on this thread but Traveloguy, pls can you tell me if I should be able to expect to get a shower and some decent breakfast in the BA lounge on a Sunday morning ? I am travelling in AA F to ORD. Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2010, 6:59 am

Programs: BA VS Gold; Hyatt Accor Marriott SPG Plat
Any idea what the prevailing *A lounge availability is at BRU?
I was looking at a MAN-(SN)-BRU-(UA)-IAD trip at the end of March.

All I can see on the SN website is blurb about their Sunrise Lounge, specifically aimed at passengers en route to Africa. Is this the BD lounge rebranded?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.