Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

NZ*G refused entry to lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NZ*G refused entry to lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:48 am

Programs: LH SEN; CZ GOLD; CC Concierge; SPG PLAT
Originally Posted by 1353513636
Since ZH contracts the MH lounge, you had access. Since SilverKris and Royal Orchid are also *A lounges, you are entitled to use them. OP's situation is akin to wanting to use the MH lounge when flying SQ on the grounds that an *A member contracts it.
My point was that although there were other *A lounges available, ZH guided me to their contracted lounge (in my case MH, could also be a third-party one) - which means, presuming in an airport w/o *A lounges, whether you can get lounge access completely based upon whether your *A carrier has its contracted lounge or not. In op's case, apparently it was the latter one.

Last edited by chudu17; Aug 29, 2017 at 7:40 am
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
The filters are important, I'm not sure why the SA IT people changed the website to kinda hide those, maybe they did it on purpose, who knows. But you have to use the filters. Because as we know *G from UA doesn't mean the same thing as it does for some others right?

Using the star alliance lounge finder, SPU + Y + SAS + SQ Gold = No Lounge. However, SPU + Y + LH/OU + SQ Gold = Lounge.

It's just like reading the fine-ish print on fare classes. IIRC all the lowest NZ fare classes always credit 0% to the programs I'm in, much like the notorious European K classes on pretty much all those airlines.

No need to call anyone here man, sorry to say, you're in the wrong.

Edit: After playing around with the lounge finder more today, I forgot, they used to let you filter the destination too for better accuracy. I realized that of the 12 lounges in FRA, I'll probably have access to 1 or 2 based on my destination. Not sure why they've gone this way with the website.

Last edited by drvannostren; Sep 4, 2017 at 8:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.