Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Free Baggage Allowance for [all *G] Cardholders Cancelled on LH Group Light Fares

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Baggage Allowance for [all *G] Cardholders Cancelled on LH Group Light Fares

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2015, 5:11 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by 1353513636
Does that mean that if I fly a Light fare with a LH/LX or LH/OS on the same ticket I still get an extra free bag.
My guess is that a light fare would not be combinable with anything other than another light fare under LH's fare rules, so in practice you wouldn't be able to ticket this.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
My guess is that a light fare would not be combinable with anything other than another light fare under LH's fare rules, so in practice you wouldn't be able to ticket this.
Agree, that you probably won't find any LX/OS/LH light fare, that allows any combination of carriers...
Old Aug 1, 2015, 10:18 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Agree, that you probably won't find any LX/OS/LH light fare, that allows any combination of carriers...
I agree, but I don't find it unlikely that you'd see, say, FRA-ZRH-XXX as an allowable routing on an LH lite fare. OS/LX/LH codeshare a lot, don't they?
Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:14 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
As this is an alliance-wide issue, and discussion has moved firmly away from A3 implications, moving this over to the *A forum.

/mod
Old Aug 4, 2015, 8:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
As an aside, I wouldn't be so surprised if UA cut the free extra bag for *G system wide, sadly, that's the direction this is moving.
That's overstated.

What this reflects is a growing trend to create a bottom-tier fare class that's nothing but a seat.

BA, DL, and I'm sure more to follow.

The thing to be concerned about is if these rules start to creep up from deepest discount economy into the "discount" classes.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Guys, let us get the proportions right. Not only *A Gold but also M&M/LH elite members (FTL, SEN, HON etc) are affected by this.

If you have baggage to check-in don't book LH light and pay a little more. And it is only for intra-European flights, i.e. not if any longhaul flights are in the ticket. Not a big deal IMO.

Anyway, if it will work the same way as currently on SN, you can only book light tickets on the webpage (where it is clearly stated that you don't get free baggage). Any bookings made via TA or via other carriers as eg codeshare, will not book into Light, i.e. you have free check-in baggage. But let us see how it works out.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 8:02 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by sokolov
Light has zero luggage. As there is no addition, zero stays zero.

I think Air Newzealand started this ugly game. So I flew Jetstar instead.
Yes it was Air NZ that started it, and after complaints by *G passengers managed to get the *G benefit changed to permit the practice.

Old Aug 7, 2015, 8:04 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Kacee
That's overstated.

What this reflects is a growing trend to create a bottom-tier fare class that's nothing but a seat.

The thing to be concerned about is if these rules start to creep up from deepest discount economy into the "discount" classes.
On NZ this applies to all seat only fares. For domestic flights these fares are available for almost any booking class. If the flight is fairly full the seat only full is not at all cheap or discount.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 3:54 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
That's overstated.

What would also be concerning is if they just started doing something like, a ticket class $20 below the lowest available fare which includes no *G benefits.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
The LH group just sucks anyway, I never fly them, you have much better choices in Europe in *A that give many more miles and perks, like SK and A3.

From all three alliances, the only airlines I actively avoid is the LH group.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 1:59 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
What would also be concerning is if they just started doing something like, a ticket class $20 below the lowest available fare which includes no *G benefits.
NZ have already started it. They have what they call Night Rider flights which allow no lounge access for anyone.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 3:47 am

Programs: BRK-B
What booking class letter does this applies to?
Old Aug 19, 2015, 1:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Noppasit
What booking class letter does this applies to?
All booking classes can have the light/classic/flex option.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 7:38 am

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
All booking classes can have the light/classic/flex option.
Do you have to book on Lufthansa's sites to get the light option? Are mileage awards now considered Light like on A3 or do they still get a free bag.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:16 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
What's a light flight exactly? Is it much cheaper than a normal fare?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.