FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Star Alliance (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-alliance-413/)
-   -   Free Baggage Allowance for [all *G] Cardholders Cancelled on LH Group Light Fares (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-alliance/1699118-free-baggage-allowance-all-g-cardholders-cancelled-lh-group-light-fares.html)

johnirvine Jul 31, 2015 1:56 am

Free Baggage Allowance for [all *G] Cardholders Cancelled on LH Group Light Fares

Aegean gold cardholders should be wary of the new booking conditions for all intra-European ´light´fares on LH, OS and LX. The standard *A allowance of an extra bag for status customers has been dropped. This means that any *A cardholders booking ´light`fares will only be able to travel with hand baggage like any other passenger. Hopefully, Aegean do not follow their lead.

KLouis Jul 31, 2015 3:38 am

Originally Posted by johnirvine (Post 25199913)
...Hopefully, Aegean do not follow their lead.

Why? If M&B (A3) Golds get screwed by LH et al., why shouldn't M&M Golds get screwed by A3! :mad:

All members of *A are equal, only that some are more equal.

hiroaki27 Jul 31, 2015 4:31 am

LX Tickets that were bought earlier was not categorised as "light" "classic" etc, therefore the standard luggage allowance for Y passengers still applies ie one piece of 23kg.

However, as star gold, no more additional luggage allowance for Y with LX etc, even if ticket was bought earlier.

vd0t Jul 31, 2015 4:55 am

No baggage allowance and hardly any or no mileage accrual.. thanks, but I'll be taking my business elsewhere!

blackball Jul 31, 2015 5:06 am

Taking the "alliance" out of "star alliance" :rolleyes:

Mict Jul 31, 2015 6:01 am

So no more second free checked bag on TATL flight neither?

djjaguar64 Jul 31, 2015 8:56 am

http://www.lufthansa.com/ca/en/European-fares-FAQs

Do I retain my privileges as a status customer?

You can earn award, status and select miles on all flights, and HON Circle miles in Business Class. With the Light fare you can receive 50 per cent more award miles during a limited-period promotion. For HON Circle Members, Senators and Frequent Travellers as well as Star Alliance Gold members, the Light fare does not include complimentary advanced seat reservation, additional free baggage allowance or free golf equipment allowance. Consequently with the Light fare charges apply for one piece of checked baggage regardless of the passenger’s status.

So what does additional mean? Does it mean Gold's are allowed 1 check in bag only and not 2?

sokolov Jul 31, 2015 10:53 am

Light has zero luggage. As there is no addition, zero stays zero.

I think Air Newzealand started this ugly game. So I flew Jetstar instead.

lgts Jul 31, 2015 12:41 pm

So this is not a a3*g problem but a *a problem in general, right?

This is a big thumbs down that other will probably follow, so there goes one of the biggest benefits of earning alliance gold..

djjaguar64 Jul 31, 2015 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by lgts (Post 25202308)
So this is not a a3*g problem but a *a problem in general, right?

This is a big thumbs down that other will probably follow, so there goes one of the biggest benefits of earning alliance gold..

Yes the OP should not have stated in the topic of this thread that this is for A3 Gold cardholders only but that it applies to all Star Gold Card holders

EAPflyer Jul 31, 2015 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by hiroaki27 (Post 25200295)
However, as star gold, no more additional luggage allowance for Y with LX etc, even if ticket was bought earlier.

http://www.swiss.com/ch/en/prepare/b...e#t-page=pane1

I think the swiss website clearly states that you get one more piece of luggage as *G with the only exception of Light fares.

Where did you read about this rule that earlier bought tickets have special rules?

DELLAS Jul 31, 2015 1:51 pm

Having Emerald status with OW this is like the BA HBO fares where you get nothing at all regardless of status.

on IB though their HBO gets one bag at 23KG for Sapphire and Emerald. So its better than BA.

djjaguar64 Jul 31, 2015 1:59 pm

Next will be Star Gold do not have access to Lounges and No priority boarding on LIGHT Fares.

Air Rarotonga Jul 31, 2015 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by EAPflyer (Post 25202527)
http://www.swiss.com/ch/en/prepare/b...e#t-page=pane1

I think the swiss website clearly states that you get one more piece of luggage as *G with the only exception of Light fares.

Where did you read about this rule that earlier bought tickets have special rules?

The changed / added footnote on the staralliance page is not very clear and confusing:

Star Alliance Gold Status Benefits

Extra Baggage Allowance 3)

As a Gold Status holder you can choose not to travel light**. We allow an additional 20 kg (44 pounds) where the weight concept applies, or one additional piece of luggage where the piece concept applies.

Footnote 3)
This benefit may only be available if travelling on two or more Star Alliance member airlines on a single ticket. Please contact the Star Alliance member airline with whom you will check-in with for further details

** Can be mixed up with the LHLXOS light fares (with 0 checked baggage incl.)...

=>
So this *A benefit is more or less death. It all depends what the Airlines want to grant or not... You've only a guaranted additional piece of baggage (for sure), if you fly 2 diffenrent *A members on one ticket.

LX could decide to cancel the additional baggage for *G on all their flights in all economy classes if they want and they're still acting according the existing *A *G rule cited above... :td:

1353513636 Aug 1, 2015 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga (Post 25202721)
The changed / added footnote on the staralliance page is not very clear and confusing:

** Can be mixed up with the LHLXOS light fares (with 0 checked baggage incl.)...

=>
So this *A benefit is more or less death. It all depends what the Airlines want to grant or not... You've only a guaranted additional piece of baggage (for sure), if you fly 2 diffenrent *A members on one ticket.

LX could decide to cancel the additional baggage for *G on all their flights in all economy classes if they want and they're still acting according the existing *A *G rule cited above... :td:

Does that mean that if I fly a Light fare with a LH/LX or LH/OS on the same ticket I still get an extra free bag.

As an aside, I wouldn't be so surprised if UA cut the free extra bag for *G system wide, sadly, that's the direction this is moving.