Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance First Class Lounge Hong Kong

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2015, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold

Any advice on which is the best lounge - will be there from 11am onwards. Am particularly interested in food and champage offerings. Thanks
Old Feb 28, 2015, 12:29 pm

If you do a search here you will find more information about your question that you ever want to read.

In short: UA F is relatively quiet separate room with good showers. The other F option is TG, showers shared with Business (mediocre toilets/showers). Both serve food, menue etc very similar (same catering company). TG F is just a part of the regular TG space, but has relatively good food selections on the business side (better than UA).
Old Mar 1, 2015, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, LH FTL, FB Gold, LATAM Black Signature
I believe SQ has F lounge as well?

Not sure they will let you in unless you are flying SQ though.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by wtcmor
Any advice on which is the best lounge - will be there from 11am onwards. Am particularly interested in food and champage offerings. Thanks
What airline are you departing in F anyway ?

As not all the *A partners in HKG only use those 3 *A lounges.

Originally Posted by GRUflyer
I believe SQ has F lounge as well?

Not sure they will let you in unless you are flying SQ though.
That's correct, but the newly renovated SQ lounge in HKG, the F lounge is actually inside the C lounge (you go in from the same entrance, same corridor, past a seating area, pass the showers/toilets, then C lounge is in front of you, F make a left turn), I had went in to the F side since it is unguarded, the food is exactly the same as the C side, the only difference between F and C is the alcohol in F is self served, whereas the alcohol in C you can only get it from the bar agent.

Also, the newspapers and magazines are extremely limited in SQ lounge (both F and C) compare to the UA and TG lounge.

You don't need to fly SQ metal in order to use SQ lounge, just the same as I fly F on LH, LX, and OZ out of HKG and I still can go to UA IFL.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Mar 2, 2015 at 5:25 am
Old Mar 2, 2015, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
What airline are you departing in F anyway ?

As not all the *A partners in HKG only use those 3 *A lounges.

That's correct, but the newly renovated SQ lounge in HKG, the F lounge is actually inside the C lounge (you go in from the same entrance, same corridor, past a seating area, pass the showers/toilets, then C lounge is in front of you, F make a left turn), I had went in to the F side since it is unguarded, the food is exactly the same as the C side, the only difference between F and C is the alcohol in F is self served, whereas the alcohol in C you can only get it from the bar agent.

Also, the newspapers and magazines are extremely limited in SQ lounge (both F and C) compare to the UA and TG lounge.

You don't need to fly SQ metal in order to use SQ lounge, just the same as I fly F on LH, LX, and OZ out of HKG and I still can go to UA IFL.
I am on TG F. Thanks for the advice
Old Mar 2, 2015, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wtcmor
I am on TG F. Thanks for the advice
In that case it is up to you, both UA IFL and TG F lounge have cooked-to-order menus, like the other poster mentioned, both have very similar offerings, with the exception of a curry dish in TG F lounge's menus. (there is a curry dish in your inflight menus anyway)

Also, TG F lounge has 2 massage chairs just for the F pax, the downside is F lounge is only separated by a retractable fence to the C lounge and share the same showers with C pax. UA IFL however is a separate room with separate showers, a lot more exclusive.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
I was on TG F X: HKG this past December, see TR below, and I did a bit of lounge hopping before the flight. SQ's F lounge was the best but very far from the gate and inconvenient. After that I think the UA GF lounge was far superior to the TG F section.

Both UA and TG had menus but UA's GF section is far quieter and more private, also the chairs are better.

Enjoy!
Old Dec 6, 2015, 6:19 am

Programs: MPC, Marriott, Hyatt
I'm usually a OW flyer xHKG, so I'm usually in the CX lounges, but I've got a redemption J ticket, going HKG-ICN-NRT.

Any advice as to what are the good J lounges for HKG and ICN? From the above, it sounds like the TG J lounge is the best in HKG, but I didn't an updated ICN lounge post (last one I found via search seems be from 2012?).

Any advice/help would be appreciated! (I also used to be *A G with A3, but the new rules just moved me down to *A S right before my flight. Is *A S worth anything given that I'm flying in J? Just trying to figure out if there's any luggage or whatever else benefits from being *A S.)

Thanks!
Old Dec 7, 2015, 4:10 pm

For my latest LX flight from HKG to ZRH, my PA asked which lounge I would like to use. I opted to try the SQ F lounge as it was the closest lounge to my gate.
In the lounge, food and drinks were brought to my seat. The lounge lady was very attentive and looked well at me.
Food from the menue card was really good.
The lounge has no windows.
They did not make departure announcements for non-SQ-flights, but my PA picked me up at the lounge to bring me to the gate and aircraft door.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti CX SL SQ KFEG
http://www.staralliance.com/en/web/s...irportCode=HKG

Ok, that's weird. Cause I've seen quite a lot of choices on the website of *a
TBH it's quite confusing, cause all the while I thought there's only 3 *a lounges in HKG?
I'm flying on SQ J, so is it ok to go all those lounges? Including the VS, HX, KA one?
Especially when the first two is non alliance airline, which I never flew with them before.
Thx.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 7:57 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Check out this thread from the HKG forum, it's about the best *A lounges when flying F. There are even pictures: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-...nge-s-use.html
Old Dec 8, 2015, 8:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by xexs
so is it ok to go all those lounges? Including the VS, HX, KA one?
No those are contract lounges. *G have access to *G lounges. At HKG, that's UA, TG, and SQ.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xexs
I'm flying on SQ J, so is it ok to go all those lounges? Including the VS, HX, KA one?
Especially when the first two is non alliance airline, which I never flew with them before.
Thx.
The link had already listed those VS, HX, and KA lounges are contract lounges, which means if you are not flying on that particular airline, you can't use those lounges, e.g. BR use VS clubhouse as a contract lounge in HKG, OZ use CNAC lounge as a contract lounge in HKG, LX use the travelers lounge as a contract lounge in HKG (previously was even using CX lounge !)

Also, to access contract lounges usually require a lounge invite in order to access, which if you qualify for one of those you would be issued a lounge invite at check in, you can't show up in one of those lounges by just showing a *G card and *A same day boarding pass, they will deny you right away.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 7:57 pm

I'm a Star Alliance Gold departing HKG in First Class, am I allowed to bring a guest into the lounge who's flying CX? I can't find anything definitive on the *A website.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
I'm a Star Alliance Gold departing HKG in First Class, am I allowed to bring a guest into the lounge who's flying CX? I can't find anything definitive on the *A website.
I don't think you can bring a guest on a different airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.