Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Best F class experience among Star Alliance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best F class experience among Star Alliance

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 4:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tmac100
Even in economy the 747 is a LOT better than the A380.
Such generalisations don't really work, it all depends and the airline and the specific seat configuration... And the seat you get. Most people prefer the A380 since generally it's roomier, less noisy and air pressure is better.

But this thread is about F....

I'm looking forward to my OZ F flights next week on both an B747 and A380. The hard product on the new A380 F will surely be better.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Each airline has advantages and disadvantages.
My personal rating from the last two years or so:
Overall: LH > SQ > NH > OZ > LX > TG >>>>>>>>>>>>> UA
Lounge: FRA(LH) > MUC(LH) > BKK > ICN > SIN > ZRH > NRT
Connecting at: MUC > ZRH > ICN > BKK > NRT > SIN > FRA
Agree with this assessment in this order ^, except... I rank UA above TG. I did four flights in the last year on UA GlobalFirst and they have all been outstanding. While the food was average, the service was simply outstanding. On one of the flights the cabin crew exceeded SQ and CX on a good day. While the bed is not private, it is extremely comfortable. TG has gone downhill in the last couple of years. A bottle of Dom can't make up for that.

The Private Room in Singapore is nothing amazing. The ICN OZ lounge though I found to be the worst. Sterile with virtually no food. Spacious though.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 9:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
The ICN OZ lounge though I found to be the worst. Sterile with virtually no food. Spacious though.
I was similarly unimpressed with the OZ F lounge. There was some food but it was unappealing. This lounge ranks well behind top business class lounges such as the Wing or IST. In fact the food is better at SEN lounge IAD and NH J lounges NRT.

I was also unimpressed with OZ F "experience." They do not even offer F boarding - you line up with the business class passengers and *G's. The only "ground service" I got was an agent walked me from the lounge to the gate at ICN. She was quite nice though.

The hard product (A380) is good and I do like the OZ service very much. IMO it was no better in F than in J though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.