Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Best F class experience among Star Alliance

Old Aug 24, 14, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: MVP75K, UA Gold,

I just flew BKK-FRA-ORD-ANC and had the best travel experience in my life with Lufthansa.

BKK-FRA was on Thai and definitely enjoyed this however was slightly disappointed that only the foot massage was available at the airport spa. The lounge was nice and the 380 service was also just good. Nothing very special.

FRA- ORD on the 747-8 Lufthansa was the best. The FCL with the food and bath, the Porsche service to the plane and the aircraft seat and purser service was by far the best I have yet to experience.

I am curious to know if any other star alliance partner flying in F could compare with my Lufthansa experience? Has anyone flown with ANA, Asiana, Air Canada or Singapore airlines in F and can compare with the LH from FRA?
Old Aug 24, 14, 9:01 am

Programs: UA 2MM/*A Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, WN A-List, Hertz Platinum, IHG Platinum
I've become very fond of TG F service on A380 ex-BKK. If only the foot massage was available to you (C benefit) at BKK Royal Silk Spa, then you must not have been flying F on TG - thus your comparison to LH is unfair. Their full body, hour-long massage (F benefit) is incredible. Follow that up with a private meal in their F restaurant and top-shelf service to your private suite within the lounge.

I also like SQ's F product. The female staff on board are quite attentive and thorough, however, I find the male staff somewhat stubborn and arrogant. The ground service in SIN is comparable to LH ex-FRA with black car service from anywhere in SIN.
Old Aug 24, 14, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BankerManUSA View Post
I've become very fond of TG F service on A380 ex-BKK. If only the foot massage was available to you (C benefit) at BKK Royal Silk Spa, then you must not have been flying F on TG - thus your comparison to LH is unfair. Their full body, hour-long massage (F benefit) is incredible. Follow that up with a private meal in their F restaurant and top-shelf service to your private suite within the lounge.

I also like SQ's F product. The female staff on board are quite attentive and thorough, however, I find the male staff somewhat stubborn and arrogant. The ground service in SIN is comparable to LH ex-FRA with black car service from anywhere in SIN.

I was flying F from BKK on TG. They said that all the rooms were full for the next 4 hours....And TG is great and I will always fly from BKK with them for those perks but hoping to experience other airlines benefits that are comparable or better.

I will look into SQ, thank you for the info!
Old Aug 24, 14, 10:33 am

Programs: UA*G, AA PLT, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Deekh8 View Post

FRA- ORD on the 747-8 Lufthansa was the best. The FCL with the food and bath, the Porsche service to the plane and the aircraft seat and purser service was by far the best I have yet to experience.
LH and TG are excellent on the ground, but in air is nothing special, and the best F seat in LH is actually on their 744, not sure if you know about the seat and a separate bed option, not a seat recline into bed mode like on the 748.

I am curious to know if any other star alliance partner flying in F could compare with my Lufthansa experience? Has anyone flown with ANA, Asiana, Air Canada or Singapore airlines in F and can compare with the LH from FRA?
AC has no F.

Even though NH and OZ's ground service cannot be compare to LH and TG, but think about the time you are in air is longer than the time on the ground, so base on my experience, I would rate SQ>NH>OZ>LH=TG

I will look into SQ, thank you for the info!
Don't bother if all your miles are like your profile said you are UA 1K.

You are a little bit late for SQ F not unless you have KF miles in SQ's own program, as F or R are forbidden on all of their 380 and 77W flights. Some mid-haul routes that use 773 can still using miles for F, but those are old old F seat, even older than the Skysuites SQ's 744 used to have.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Aug 24, 14 at 10:45 am
Old Aug 24, 14, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

All of my miles are on United so if SQ isnt an option I will have see about using them to NH or OZ or just repeat my previous experience. I appreciate your input!
Old Aug 24, 14, 2:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
All of my miles are on United so if SQ isnt an option I will have see about using them to NH or OZ or just repeat my previous experience. I appreciate your input!
Don't cross-post.
You started the exact same thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...-can-beat.html in LH forum.
Old Aug 29, 14, 11:18 pm

Programs: UA 1k *G, AA Plat, Marriott Silver
CA 777 sfo-pek excellent.enormous space

Food not up to oz or sq but better hard product .than oz, nh or tg
Old Sep 3, 14, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by grteyes2 View Post
CA 777 sfo-pek excellent.enormous space

Food not up to oz or sq but better hard product .than oz, nh or tg
I agree. CA was excellent - the seats are identical to the LX suites.

I have not flown OZ F, so my personal Star ranking will be like this:

SQ>LX>NH>LH>CA>TG>>>>>>>>>UA

but really NH/LH/CA/TG are interchangeable on any given day, depend on aircraft, and on what one is looking for in an F flight. For example, TG/LH offer better ground service, but NH offers much better in flight service.

One thing that bothered me with LH was the really poor IFE.
Old Sep 3, 14, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold,
This year I've flown:

LH F : 744, 380
LX F : A340
SQ F : A380(suites), 77W
OZ F : 77W (suites)
NH F : 77W (square)

Hard product: LH 744, SQ Suite, OZ, NH, SQ 77W, LH A380, LX 340
Food: NH, SQ, OZ, LX, LH (the NH kaiseki was some of the best catering I've ever had)
Service: SQ, NH, OZ, LH, LX
Lounges: LH F terminal (the best!), SQ Private Room, NH, OZ, LX
Ground Handling: LH, OZ, SQ, LX, NH

Just my $0.02.

-G
Old Sep 9, 14, 3:48 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
I would vote for SQ A380 suites followed by the 777 on SQ.

As a couple, the best experience on all alliances is is the A380 with SQ in the middle seats. The double bed setup is nice.
Old Sep 13, 14, 1:59 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, LH, MR TIT, IHG GLD
I vote for LH 748i then A380 ^^
Old Sep 19, 14, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold,
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer View Post
I vote for LH 748i then A380 ^^
Really? I think the LH 744 is the best F experience with the bed & chair. It's also so private compared to the A380...

-G
Old Sep 19, 14, 8:59 am

While not technically F since they don't offer it, Eva Air's Royal Laurel class/routes are pretty fantastic.
Old Sep 19, 14, 10:05 am

Each airline has advantages and disadvantages.
My personal rating from the last two years or so:
Overall: LH > SQ > NH > OZ > LX > TG >>>>>>>>>>>>> UA
Lounge: FRA(LH) > MUC(LH) > BKK > ICN > SIN > ZRH > NRT
Connecting at: MUC > ZRH > ICN > BKK > NRT > SIN > FRA
Old Sep 19, 14, 10:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by gabrielz View Post
Really? I think the LH 744 is the best F experience with the bed & chair. It's also so private compared to the A380...

-G
Even in economy the 747 is a LOT better than the A380. My sons flew the AF A380 on a RT JFK-CDG and my friend flew an EK A380 on SIN-DXB. We had tight seats and absolutely NO legroom. My sons and myself are over 6' tall.

The 747 treats us much better - basically more wiggle room for tall persons with wider, more comfortable seats.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: