Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Which *A scheme for N.America to Canada, or intra Canada.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2013, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Hi,

I'm looking to travel either:
a) NYC-YUL or BOS-YUL (can do this with avios if nessesary)
b) Or if possible and no extra cost EWR-YUL(stop)-YVR.
c) I'll also need to get back to BOS, so YVR-BOS or simillar.

I'm used to searching *A availabillity from my BMI days, and there is some on the dates i wish to travel. It's UA EWR-YUL and obviously AC for the remainder.

I just want to make sure i don't miss out, I have many UK amex MRs that i can transfer into some schemes. Or I may be willing to buy the miles, because the freind i'm travelling with would likely have to anyway.

So, which *A scheme do you think?

Thanks in advance.

ps. I have no status with anyone. Travel would likely be in Y, since freind buying miles.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Appologies for replying in my own thread. But I've been ITAing away and all i need on a *A award is YUL-YVR, there is Y availabillity.

Which *A program please? I also have SPG points.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Did you look in here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...post-here.html
Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
If it's a round trip, then I'd dump the SPG points to US. If one way, then you would probably compare AC vs UA. You'll pay a penalty putting SPG to UA but it may still be worth it in the long term as AC fee may be silly compared to just buying a revenue ticket.

As for buying miles, I would never buy miles (or for that case, use miles at all) for a rather inexpensive domestic ticket. How much is it to buy a ticket on your travel dates on that route? A few hundred $$?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.