Lounge access for *G in WAW, BUD and PRG?

Subscribe
I searched through a bunch of old threads, but didn't see any mention of these airports. As a *G will I have lounge access at any of these three airports? I'll be flying in coach and business class on LOT and coach on TAP during several days in late December/early January.

I'd appreciate insight from anyone with experience traveling through these airports.
There are three lounges in WAW, check the WAW airport website:

http://www.lotnisko-chopina.pl/conte...tivelounge.php
The non-Schengen Ballada is nicer as it has the airfield view (ground floor afair).

I know there is a lounge in BUD in T2 (flights to WAW depart from there) but I have never been there.
Yes. The lounges at WAW, BUD & PRG are all contract lounges but no problem accessing as *G when flying *A.
As mentioned, yes, there are three lounges in WAW with the nicest by far being the Ballada lounge in the non-schengen area. The staff will, however, direct you to the appropriate lounge for your departure so there's little chance of lounge-hopping. In each case they're operated by the airport and serve (from what it seems) all premium pax, *G, etc. In my experience:

Preludium - A holdover from the old WAW terminal. Very busy, not nearly enough seats for the crowds at midday. Not a problem to share seats, though. Basic pastry, beer, coke (of three kinds), but good selection of juice and top-shelf Vodka (Zubrowka). Coffee machine is behind the bar, but self-service nonetheless. No windows, stuffy. Few newspapers and magazines, TV in the corner. Free WiFi, but the signal isn't the best.

Bolero - I've never managed to get in here, but it's even smaller than the Preludium! Similar furniture and food, from what it seems. No windows.

Ballada - Much larger than the other two, with the aforementioned nice tarmac view (from ground level, to make it interesting). Similar catering to the other two lounges, but with a better layout for self-serve. The best of the three, in my opinion.

The only picture I have, though, is of the Ballada from last Christmas:

The smaller seating area to the left of the desk, with the best view of the tarmac

According to the LOT magazine, there's a magical fourth lounge near the checkin area to old T1, but I've never looked for it yet. Note: There are two baggage rooms, the old one from T1 and the new one from T2. Last time I had to pick up bags it wasn't clear at all that there's a second room with baggage belts. If you can't see your flight at one of the belts, it could mean that it's in the other room.
Thanks for the info everyone. Maybe if I have a chance I'll take some pictures and post a brief report on the lounges, just to add to the data in this forum.
I have visited both Preludium and Bolero, and two more lounges in the old terminal (I think one was called Fantasia, and the other one also Ballada, I think both are closed now).

None of the lounges at WAW are great by any means, mostly I miss something substatial to eat, not just cookies and crisps.
They are really just a place to have a drink while waiting for your flight.

In BUD and PRG you'll most likely use contract lounges.
In both cases you'll find plenty to drink but a bit less to eat. The lounges in both airports have decent apron views though and in PRG you can indulge in a glass of Czech champagne.
The BUD contract lounge is pretty basic reminding me of something out of the old Soviet mold. Come to think of it, sort of like the lounge dragon's personality.

This is best I could find...

But at least we could see when our plane arrived...
I've been in WAW some weeks ago and will be there again next Saturday. Last time the both Schengen lounges were so crowded that I decided to stay outside and pay for my coffee.

I will post my experiences from next week here, maybe with some pictures.

But one question: Is there any Internet (WLAN) in the Lounges? I will have more time on my next visit, so I would like to use it.
Quote: I've been in WAW some weeks ago and will be there again next Saturday. Last time the both Schengen lounges were so crowded that I decided to stay outside and pay for my coffee.

I will post my experiences from next week here, maybe with some pictures.

But one question: Is there any Internet (WLAN) in the Lounges? I will have more time on my next visit, so I would like to use it.
Yes, at least for Preludium (I didn't have the laptop to try elsewhere). Ask at the desk for the code (it was printed out and displayed at the desk last month).
Quote: Yes, at least for Preludium (I didn't have the laptop to try elsewhere). Ask at the desk for the code (it was printed out and displayed at the desk last month).
Thanks!

As I will be on a Schengen flight, I guess I won't be allowed to enter the Preludium lounge. We will see.
I flew BUD-FRA recently on LH and with *Gold was able to use the Platinum Celebi Lounge in Terminal 2A (Schengen). It was probably one of the worst lounges I have ever been in. Its a contract lounge, tiny and was packed at my time of use. No real food to speak of, just a few drinks and newspapers. It was not any more comfortable sitting in there than sitting out in the normal departure area.
Quote:
Since relatively recently there is ^ . One of few contract lounges offering free wifi.

There are also a couple of computer terminals, though they may or may not work.
I was in WAW last week, and the only lounge in T2/Schengen is Ballada (link to airport website below actualy says the same), there is no view at all, windows are blanked out. Lounge is quite small and it was overcrowded in the afternoon, many peoples had to stand. Wifi is free, drinks ok, no food (some cookies).

This is truly amazing that *A carrier LOT don't have it's own lounge at its main base airport. (BTW, is there any other *A carrier without own lounge at main base?)

p.s. just checked LOT website, and they cannot get it right even there, saying there is no wifi in lounge and operating hours are wrong, lounge is actually 24h
Quick report on my lounge experiences, as promised:

PRG: was flying on TAP and received an invite to the contract lounge at check-in. After passing though security, turn right and take the elevator on your right. The lounge was small, but not too crowded. Small room with 3 computers, larger sitting area and food/bar area with long counter and barstools for seating. I was there in the late morning, and there was a decent snack selection (breakfast pastries and chips) and to the delight of my partner, a nice selection of Knorr powdered soups. Standard drink selection and the wine is served in small individual serving bottles, so you can always snag one or two for later on in your hotel room. The lounge seemed very modern, clean and bright. Free wifi available.

BUD: The contract lounge is small, but I was there in the evening (6PM) and although the airport was totally packed with holiday travelers (not an empty seat to be seen) the lounge was almost empty. Very limited food selection, but good selection of drinks. The free wifi was not working, but it seemed to be an airport -wide issue, not just in the lounge.

WAW: I was in the airport twice, but was refused entry into any lounge the first time because my LOT flight had been canceled and I was rebooked on Czech air in economy, so a Skyteam boarding pass with a *G card did not work.
The second time, I was flying business on LOT and got into the Ballada lounge no problem. This was very early in the morning and so the lounge was not crowded. Very poor food selection, but good drink selection and also free wifi (get password from agent). The lounge was small, but clean, and as previously reported, no windows.

The lounge in PRG was without a doubt the best of the three I visited.
Quote: I flew BUD-FRA recently on LH and with *Gold was able to use the Platinum Celebi Lounge in Terminal 2A (Schengen). It was probably one of the worst lounges I have ever been in. Its a contract lounge, tiny and was packed at my time of use. No real food to speak of, just a few drinks and newspapers. It was not any more comfortable sitting in there than sitting out in the normal departure area.
Not good, but there are worse lounges! Really!