FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge access for *G in WAW, BUD and PRG?
Old Nov 2, 2009, 2:47 am
DJ Bitterbarn

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
As mentioned, yes, there are three lounges in WAW with the nicest by far being the Ballada lounge in the non-schengen area. The staff will, however, direct you to the appropriate lounge for your departure so there's little chance of lounge-hopping. In each case they're operated by the airport and serve (from what it seems) all premium pax, *G, etc. In my experience:

Preludium - A holdover from the old WAW terminal. Very busy, not nearly enough seats for the crowds at midday. Not a problem to share seats, though. Basic pastry, beer, coke (of three kinds), but good selection of juice and top-shelf Vodka (Zubrowka). Coffee machine is behind the bar, but self-service nonetheless. No windows, stuffy. Few newspapers and magazines, TV in the corner. Free WiFi, but the signal isn't the best.

Bolero - I've never managed to get in here, but it's even smaller than the Preludium! Similar furniture and food, from what it seems. No windows.

Ballada - Much larger than the other two, with the aforementioned nice tarmac view (from ground level, to make it interesting). Similar catering to the other two lounges, but with a better layout for self-serve. The best of the three, in my opinion.

The only picture I have, though, is of the Ballada from last Christmas:

The smaller seating area to the left of the desk, with the best view of the tarmac

According to the LOT magazine, there's a magical fourth lounge near the checkin area to old T1, but I've never looked for it yet. Note: There are two baggage rooms, the old one from T1 and the new one from T2. Last time I had to pick up bags it wasn't clear at all that there's a second room with baggage belts. If you can't see your flight at one of the belts, it could mean that it's in the other room.

Last edited by DJ Bitterbarn; Nov 2, 2009 at 3:19 am