Wiki Posts
Search

Spain prepaid SIM?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2015, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: most of them
Spain prepaid SIM?

Headed to Spain at the end of next week and starting to research prepaid SIM options. I only really need data. Any recommendations or things to look out for? I will be there for a little over 2 weeks.
Old May 5, 2015, 6:52 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Check out this thread in the Travel Technology forum:
Old May 6, 2015, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT
How much data do you anticipate using?

The above-mentioned thread mentions the Orange Mundo plan, which was also recently discussed here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europ...ce-europe.html

That SIM has the upside of having a pretty reasonable roaming package for use in other EU countries.
Old May 6, 2015, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks.

Not a huge amount of data. Just for maps, email, maybe upload a few photos.

I will only be in Spain.
Old May 6, 2015, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA PLT
You can get 2GB for around €15 or so on most Spanish carriers, good for 30 days. With the Orange Mundo tariff, you can activate the option via SMS or online, and then deactivate it before you leave (or it'll recur and eat up your balance). For future trips, you can also add the Go Europe option, which provides 100MB of data for €1/day elsewhere in the EU.

If you want to order in advance, there are vendors that will do so for a small markup. One that I've ordered from is listed in the thread I posted above.
Old May 25, 2015, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

I ended up doing the Vodafone SIM. 800MB data, some number of text messages and talk minutes for 15 euros. I used something like 600MB of data in 2 weeks. So it worked out well for me. When I was in the hotel I just used the wifi which helped save some data.
Old May 25, 2015, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by glennaa11
I ended up doing the Vodafone SIM. 800MB data, some number of text messages and talk minutes for 15 euros. I used something like 600MB of data in 2 weeks. So it worked out well for me. When I was in the hotel I just used the wifi which helped save some data.
did you go to a vodafone shop or are there places that have multiple selections?
Old May 25, 2015, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

I just went to a Vodafone shop since there was one right around the corner from where I was staying. There was an Orange store too but I came to Vodafone first.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 4:06 pm

Coming to this late, but in case it comes in handy for anyone else, it's usually best to go to a place that carries multiple brands (like Phone House) and tell them what you're looking for. They're more likely to have deals through less well-known brands that can be better for short stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.