Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Hyatt promo: 1,800 2.0 per stay, 10K bonus after 5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2011, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond

"From June 1, 2011 to August 31, 2011, Make your next stay with Hyatt even more rewarding by earning triple Rapid Rewards Points.

You will receive 1,800 points per qualifying stay instead of the standard 600 points, and you'll continue to earn 1,800 points on each of your next five eligible stays at any Hyatt hotel, including over 160 Hyatt Place locations. Plus, receive an additional 10,000 points on your fifth eligible stay, totalling 19,000 Rapid Rewards Points."

Link at WN: http://www.southwest.com/html/rapidr...att-rrr-1.html

More discussion in the Hyatt forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...31-2011-a.html

Last edited by toomanybooks; Jul 15, 2011 at 11:15 am
Old Jun 2, 2011, 11:40 pm

Question:

If we book a stay with Hyatt using Points, will this still count?
Old Jun 3, 2011, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flyalexair
Question:

If we book a stay with Hyatt using Points, will this still count?
Probably not, but you should ask the Hyatt guys.
Old Jun 4, 2011, 4:30 am

A list qualification for triple hyatt?

Would these 1800 points per stay count towards A list status? Would love to understand!
Old Jun 5, 2011, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nittanydave
Would these 1800 points per stay count towards A list status? Would love to understand!
No way.

A-List comes from paid flights and to a limited degree from the WN Premier Visa CC.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
So it's a $319 WGA rebate for 5 stays, or $63.80/stay.

I have to do two more nights this month to finish off the regular Hyatt Q2 promo, and then I'll switch over. That might be enough to get me in shooting distance of regaining Hyatt Diamond if a decent Q4 promo comes up - I had given up on them after their awful Q2 promo. The two I need in June and 5 in July/August would get me to 13 stays for the year.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
So it's a $319 WGA rebate for 5 stays, or $63.80/stay.

I have to do two more nights this month to finish off the regular Hyatt Q2 promo, and then I'll switch over. That might be enough to get me in shooting distance of regaining Hyatt Diamond if a decent Q4 promo comes up - I had given up on them after their awful Q2 promo. The two I need in June and 5 in July/August would get me to 13 stays for the year.
The Hyatt guys say this one should stack with the "stay 5, get 10K" promo.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 7:00 pm

How often are the miles from Hyatt hitting SWA RR accounts?
Old Jun 30, 2011, 7:57 pm

Programs: hyatt
everytime i asked for miles, i got points, then i have to call HGP to change it.. so annoying
Old Jul 6, 2011, 7:57 pm

Only took one week for my 19,000 RR miles to post after I called Hyatt to convert my last five stays to miles.^^^^
Old Jul 7, 2011, 6:33 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I stayed at Hyatts for two years doing mattress runs and anytime I wanted miles because of a great promotion, I had to call Hyatt and have them transfor the points to the miles. They realize that their system is flawed and do not mind doing it. Typically, I just wait for multiple stays to hit my gold passport account and then call and have them do a big transfer over. The miles, however, can take a while sometimes to hit your Southwest account.

With a few Southwest flights, Southwest promotions, and MANY hotel promotions I was able to earn a companion pass under the old system, which is great.

I wrote more about this promotion and my thoughts here: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/dealsw...-hyatt-hotels/
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Three guys in the Hyatt forum confirm that they got the 19K WN points, and that only the first 600 from each stay are Companion-Pass qualifying.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 2:24 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

This is a very attractive offer. It is an even better offer if you have the C1 Venture card: you can in effect obtain a $900 Hyatt Gift Card for almost 30% off, then use the GC to pay for your five stays. If you find an inexpensive Hyatt you can end up with points worth more than what your net cost for the stays.

To read more about the offer, go to tmb's thread on the Hyatt board. One thing not covered in that thread and which seems more appropriate to discuss in this forum:
Has anybody used RR points from Hyatt stays to top off a relative's RR account?
(In the Hyatt program you provide your FF# at each check in; it apparently might not even be possible to save any FF account number in your HGP profile.)
Old Jul 13, 2011, 1:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Just earned my 10K bonus points!! I would say that this promo was much better than the RR1 promo they ran Q1 2010 (5 times miles, 2.5 SW credits) per stay.

I am not sure if Hyatt or SW has a mechanism in place to compare the names on the miles transfer, but I know that when I used to call GP to switch stays from points to miles they did always ask for my RR#. I don't see any where on the web site to store this info. My PL Rep asked me for it once as well so I am guessing she just wrote it down and has to manually apply it each time I switch to miles.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 5:16 pm

Once you give them your RR# over the phone they have it in your GP account. I think it might drop if and when you give them a number from another airline.

I heard that in the old RR system you could funnel miles to other accounts with the same last name. Not sure if this still holds true with RR 2.0.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.