Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

New benefit for A-List Preferred: Free Drinks?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2011, 12:54 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member

The Tier Status View Details page

http://www.southwest.com/account/rap...ds/tier-status

has a surprise:

Free Drinks Onboard are shown as a benefit for A-List Preferred. I haven't seen this mentioned before, so it may be an error. If not, I hope it includes Monster energy drinks!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 1:55 pm

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nsx
"This portion of the Southwest Airlines website is undergoing maintenance and is currently unavailable.

Please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
If this issue persists, please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative for assistance at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792)."
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:20 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
I also saw that this morning.

Will you get a drink ticket with your BP ala BS, or just flash your card, or what?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:54 pm

Programs: WN (CP 6x, A+ 2x), Marriott (LT Titanium), Hyatt Explorer, Hertz PC, UA/*A Silver
Originally Posted by nsx
The Tier Status View Details page

http://www.southwest.com/account/rap...ds/tier-status

has a surprise:

Free Drinks Onboard are shown as a benefit for A-List Preferred. I haven't seen this mentioned before, so it may be an error. If not, I hope it includes Monster energy drinks!
Oh the irony. Even the free drink offer page won't load. So now I can't even learn about a free drink that might help make up for the web site issues....because of a website issue....

This portion of the Southwest Airlines website is undergoing maintenance and is currently unavailable.
Please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
If this issue persists, please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative for assistance at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792).
Old Mar 1, 2011, 3:05 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by illinidad
Oh the irony. Even the free drink offer page won't load.
That's not a working link. It needs a long session-specific code that I chopped off.

You can also reach this page by clicking View My Tier Progress near the lower left of the My Account Snapshot page.

On the page that shows the Free Drinks, when you click View Details under A-List Preferred, the details do NOT include free drinks.

After the web site trouble today, plenty of customers need a drink.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 3:46 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
my guess is one set of drink coupons mailed annually with your a list preferred card

maybe it's free soft drinks, juice, cofee or tea for a list preferred

non potable water for everyone else
Old Mar 1, 2011, 3:50 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

The free drink message is visible in the screen capture expert7700 included in his lengthy post at 5:04am CST.

I predict it will not include Monster, based on past precedent.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 4:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton, Southwest "A" and "CP" Hertz 5*
I thought you were kidding but I was able to get logged in for a bit and it's true. Thanks WN!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 5:56 pm

Programs: WN: A+, CP National: Exec. Elite. Choice hotels: Platinum Priority Club: Platinum
Well this is good^
Old Mar 2, 2011, 6:36 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz President's Club, Southwest CP
A-List Preferred Benefits

I have not noticed this to date which may be due to not spending the time to understand RR2.0. However, I wanted to note that for A-List Preferred members, free drinks will be offered on the flight. Hopefully this (1) includes Monster for the non-drinkers and, since it says free drinks onboard on some pages but not others, (2) isn't a benefit that was supposed to be removed prior to launch. ^
Old Mar 2, 2011, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
The way it is worded on the site makes it sound like it's unlimited drinks It doesn't say one free drink per flight.

If you don't get upgraded on Delta and are medal, a lot of times you get a have one on use coupon with your boarding pass that you can use onboard for a free drink or set of headphones which is a nice little extra.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 7:20 am

Programs: WN A-List, CP; EK Gold
Free drinks? buy stock in Jack Daniels, because I can personally guarantee that they will be selling lots to Southwest this year!
Old Mar 2, 2011, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by 6Strong
Free drinks? buy stock in Jack Daniels, because I can personally guarantee that they will be selling lots to Southwest this year!
And you'll be seeing plenty of free drink coupons for WN going on Ebay if this true as well
Old Mar 2, 2011, 7:54 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
And you'll be seeing plenty of free drink coupons for WN going on Ebay if this true as well
We can always give them away to the serendipitous, late check in, travel naive, canceled A-list position space getters, standing in line in front of us. Tell them it is one of the other perks of A+ that they did not earn but can have anyway.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
We can always give them away to the serendipitous, late check in, travel naive, canceled A-list position space getters, standing in line in front of us. Tell them it is one of the other perks of A+ that they did not earn but can have anyway.
Well I have only flown WN on PAID trips twice in the past 12 months on cheap DTW/MDW trips (but earned CP status and earned 9 or 10 RR awards thanks to partners in the last year) so this benefit doesn't apply to me. But I still have plenty of coupons I'll never use (thanks to Southwest not keeping their word on the tan coupons never expiring) so I may put some on Ebay myself. I was drinking at the bar at Ruby Tuesdays at DTW a couple weeks ago for a RR award trip and the lady sitting next to me flies WN DTW/DEN once a month and said as soon as she gets a book she burns them on one flight so I gave her a couple of mine and she was very happy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.