Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest promo code

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2016, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Wanted: Southwest promo code

Does anyone have a SW promo code good for December/January travel?

Thank you.

Last edited by prettzie; Nov 22, 2016 at 8:24 pm Reason: updated title
Old Nov 25, 2016, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by prettzie
Does anyone have a SW promo code good for December/January travel?

Thank you.
In my 17 years as a Southwest Rapid Rewards member I do not recall there ever being a promo code. Maybe many years ago for a promotion here and there but it's pretty rare.

All promotions nowadays are targeted - I also haven't had a promotion sent to me in over a decade. Frequent travelers are penalized apparently...
Old Nov 25, 2016, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by braddqq
In my 17 years as a Southwest Rapid Rewards member I do not recall there ever being a promo code. Maybe many years ago for a promotion here and there but it's pretty rare.

All promotions nowadays are targeted - I also haven't had a promotion sent to me in over a decade. Frequent travelers are penalized apparently...
Rare but there have been a few. I seem to recall a 10% off code from Cost Plus Market (I think it was) about 5-6 years ago.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:31 am

You're penalized with Companion Fly Free passes, points that don't expire & unlimited reward seats? They're pretty generous for their frequent flyers.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 5:27 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by jeffandnicole
You're penalized .. points that don't expire They're pretty generous for their frequent flyers.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...d-account.html

How does WN 'points that don't expire' but do, differ from any other airline????
Old Nov 29, 2016, 11:58 pm

You're penalized with Companion Fly Free passes, points that don't expire & unlimited reward seats? They're pretty generous for their frequent flyers.
Points expire.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:57 am

You are right I am not complaining. The Companion Pass makes the reward program better than any other. But the points --- well, all seats are reward seats is true but are you going to blow 50,000 points on a last minute short flight to LA? No, didn't think so.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:01 pm

Programs: UA & IHG Plat, SWAlist, Frontier 100k, Marriott Titan, IHG-Hilton-Hyatt-Wynd Gold, Nat EE, Hertz PC
You are mistaken, they use Promo Codes all the time, granted, most times they are bundles for rental cars or with a hotel stay, but you can still get codes that allow you to get additional monies off of your airfare. A friend just used one to discount his airfares to Vegas, on top of the already great deal they had going on.

Patrick

Old Dec 5, 2016, 4:41 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by TIGA31328
You are mistaken, they use Promo Codes all the time, granted, most times they are bundles for rental cars or with a hotel stay, but you can still get codes that allow you to get additional monies off of your airfare. A friend just used one to discount his airfares to Vegas, on top of the already great deal they had going on.

Patrick
I think you are talking about SWA Vacations, and not Southwest Airlines? I have not seen a promo code for Southwest Airlines in a very long time either.

If I am mistaken, please let us know where you are finding them.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tatterdema
I think you are talking about SWA Vacations, and not Southwest Airlines? I have not seen a promo code for Southwest Airlines in a very long time either.

If I am mistaken, please let us know where you are finding them.
I think this is right. In fact, just got an email yesterday from Vacations with this in it:

"Save up to $250 with promo code CYBERWK16."
Old Dec 5, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
The only time I remember getting some promo codes was when an SWA employee relative passed them along to me after they received them as an incentive. They were pretty good, like 20% off with no restrictions.

Wasn't there a promo code "sale" a year or two ago where they basically raised prices then offered a promo code that was basically equal to the however much they had raised prices?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.