Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need some advice

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Cannot count on this in a timely way. You need something you know will post soon.

In a pinch you could rent 6 cars, day by day, from various companies. Those are 600 points each. Maybe cost $150 if you are lucky, with a chunk of that coming back in points, plus getting the CP.
I'm leaning towards this since I need to rent a car this weekend, do you know how long it takes to be credited? The fine print said 2-6 weeks (?). I will probably rent a car every other day or so.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DebitNM
Buy Choice Hotel points. They transfer fast. Buy 12,000 points [will take 2 transactions as you can only buy 10,000 in one transaction]. 12,000 Choice points will get you 3,600 RR points. the cost is $11 per 1,000 CP.
I looked into this, do you know how long it takes for it to post? It states 4-6 weeks.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ninjasurfer99
I've heard ppl are having success calling the retention line after having the cards for two months. 3-6k points per card. If it works you could have an additional 12k points right away! Let us know if it works!
Definitely trying this tonight, will update to guys. Thank you!
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:22 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
Points moved from CP to southwest in 8 days
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DebitNM
Points moved from CP to southwest in 8 days
That's not bad! Thank you for letting me know about Choice!
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:14 pm

Programs: SW, US, HH, AE Plat, SPG,
My husband earned CP last year in May. He rented a car from Budget through the Southwest website and the points were credited to the account two days after the car was returned.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by live2vaca
My husband earned CP last year in May. He rented a car from Budget through the Southwest website and the points were credited to the account two days after the car was returned.
perfect! it'll be just in time before my statement closes
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ninjasurfer99
I've heard ppl are having success calling the retention line after having the cards for two months. 3-6k points per card. If it works you could have an additional 12k points right away! Let us know if it works!
so far no luck, but I'll try again

In a pinch you could rent 6 cars, day by day, from various companies. Those are 600 points each. Maybe cost $150 if you are lucky, with a chunk of that coming back in points, plus getting the CP.
Bump!! My e-rewards and best western points transferred (less than 1 week?), now only short 2300. Taking advantage of the bonus offer for National car rental (x4 points = 2400 for 86$) this weekend, I easily made the threshold.

THANK YOU EVERYONE !! I sure learned a lot. :-::-::-::-::-:
Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by humali
so far no luck, but I'll try again

Bump!! My e-rewards and best western points transferred (less than 1 week?), now only short 2300. Taking advantage of the bonus offer for National car rental (x4 points = 2400 for 86$) this weekend, I easily made the threshold.

THANK YOU EVERYONE !! I sure learned a lot. :-::-::-::-::-:
No.

You will only get 600 CP-qualifying points on the car rental. The other 1800 are regular points. That is why I said you would have to rent multiple cars.

Keep scrounging.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:24 am
Original Poster

No.

You will only get 600 CP-qualifying points on the car rental. The other 1800 are regular points. That is why I said you would have to rent multiple cars.

Keep scrounging.
Oh thanks for the heads up.. back to calculating my points :/
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:28 am
Original Poster

No.

Keep scrounging.

Looks like I'll be renting a car 3 different days from 3 different companies. At least I can pick up at the same place after returning one car. Will update.

Looks like e-rewards points don't count towards CP But Best Western does!

Last edited by humali; Apr 24, 2015 at 10:30 pm Reason: additional

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.