Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Keep the javascript bar from making the horrible wifi even worse?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2014, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Kettel, WN Companion Pass

Hi all, I was curious if anyone knows of a way to eliminate the Southwest javascript bar that they force upon you when visiting non-https sites? I know you can shrink it down to the corner, but it seriously breaks some websites, which makes their pitifully slow wifi all the more frustrating. I had the misfortune of flying this past Sunday all during football time, and trying to keep up with three fantasy teams on nfl.com with that stupid bar preventing player movement and proper page display was really annoying. :-)
Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:38 pm

This kills a lot of site on mobile too. Sometimes takes up 1/4 the screen.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:53 am

Somehow the terms "Southwest wifi" and "really annoying" go together. Since I received my "we suck and we're sorry" apology letter for their bad on-time performance, how about SOME sort of fix for the wifi? Short of that, can they set up a webcast to show the public termination of whoever thought Row 44 was a better way to go than GoGo?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Kettel, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by bofc
Short of that, can they set up a webcast to show the public termination of whoever thought Row 44 was a better way to go than GoGo?
I'd buy business select to attend that in person lol

Delta could definitely improve in a multitude of ways but I really like gogo; it's only been bad probably a few times in hundreds of flights.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
just use Firefox with the add-in "NoScript"

stops the southwest bar dead in its tracks.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by expert7700
just use Firefox with the add-in "NoScript"

stops the southwest bar dead in its tracks.

Bingo, I use no script even on a wired connection
Old Oct 25, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: WN A+/CP, HH Diamond, Enterprise Gold
If you have the ability to VPN into a corporate network that will solve it as well as provide you some additional privacy protections. There are third party VPN services you can use as well. I use either corporate VPN or OpenDNS umbrella.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT, WN A+ (and Sometimes CP) | Hilton Diamond | Avis Preferred | National Car Exec
If the website you're viewing has an SSL (https) option, the JS does not pop the banner up on HTTPS websites.

Also, VPN avoids it, since their proxy server cannot inject into that stream.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.