Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Rocketmiles Launches Partnership w/ Southwest

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rocketmiles Launches Partnership w/ Southwest

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2014, 7:04 am

Programs: WN 3 Million Miler, MR Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Silver, United never again
In trying to crack any secret codes between Rocketmiles and the hotels, I selected one day trips to the DFW area. Close in dates during the week showed few offers above 4,000 points per stay.

A check in on Sunday April 27 brought up a cornucopia of hotels all begging for me to stay there, with multiple offers of 5,000 pps and one offer of 7,000 pps.

The Grand Hyatt DFW Airport (the one between C and D terminals) has bid 7,000 pps @ $254 + tax. Hmmm, tempting, if only to see how the redemption works and to see the grandkids.

I would still need to drive to Love Field on Monday ... but tempting.
Old May 25, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: WN 3 Million Miler, MR Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Silver, United never again
Stayed at the Crockett Hotel In San Antonio for two nights last week, booked through Rocketmiles.

5000 WN points posted on Saturday, not even a week after checking out.

2000 points are CPQP but not tier qualifying.

3000 points (the WN bonus) are just regular points. That's OK, they spend just as other points.

I do NOT like to use sites where I am charged for a hotel before staying, but Rocketmiles does allow a 24 hr cancellation period from the time of purchase to cancel.

Good stay, good rate. I will use Rocketmiles again knowing that my stay contributes to CPQP.
Old May 26, 2014, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Texas Booster
Stayed at the Crockett Hotel In San Antonio for two nights last week, booked through Rocketmiles.

5000 WN points posted on Saturday, not even a week after checking out.

2000 points are CPQP but not tier qualifying.

3000 points (the WN bonus) are just regular points. That's OK, they spend just as other points.

I do NOT like to use sites where I am charged for a hotel before staying, but Rocketmiles does allow a 24 hr cancellation period from the time of purchase to cancel.

Good stay, good rate. I will use Rocketmiles again knowing that my stay contributes to CPQP.
Thanks for the details.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.