Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Vitamin Water ending Sept 30, 2014; was: ...are BS Coupons now valid for this?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vitamin Water ending Sept 30, 2014; was: ...are BS Coupons now valid for this?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2013, 6:17 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by southwestgabe
We just received communication that we WILL be accepting Business Select and Rapid Rewards drink coupons for vitaminwater. Here's a link to our press release: http://swamedia.com/releases/southwe...ater-r-onboard
Originally Posted by wlau
Southwestgabe is absolutely wrong on this!

I tried to use my drink coupon on my Monday outbound flight for VitaminWater but was declined.
Note that southwestgabe's post was dated May 1. Your flight was on April 29, before the policy change. Try it next time, and don't forget to take the advice in post 27.
Old May 3, 2013, 6:21 pm

Programs: SWA RR, CO One Pass, TAM Fidelidade, HA Miles, DL Skymiles, KLM Flying Blue
That's the loop hole SWA can get away of NOT accepting the coupons for the Vitamin Water. It's specifically states "Liquor, Beer or Wine"
Old May 3, 2013, 7:14 pm

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
For some reason I don't see the Quote button for the forum...

Anyway, The FA this morning did look at my slip and sort of resist saying as another poster did that the coupon only says "Liquor, Beer, or Wine", but once he read the page I preloaded on my iPad he was polite about it. I do have to confess at the end and when I was leaving his demeanor towards me gave off the vibe of- "oh there's that pax that had to show me what we accept now". I don't care it's not like I was trying to game their system. Looking forward to the flight home and getting another one to throw in my bag for the wife.
Old May 3, 2013, 7:37 pm

Programs: Frequent Flyer
Please pardon our confusion as we try and coordinate this with all departments. It is printed in the menu that the coupons are good for beer, wine or liquor. However, on our SW employee page and our inflight memo's we were told that the coupons could be used for the new Vitamin waters.

I apologize to any customer who may have been told no during flight - but I hope the miscommunication will be cleared up soon. I agree - print out the press release and I will do my part by informing fellow FA's that I work with that the coupons will be accepted.

Thank you to all of our loyal customers and those of you on the fence.
Old May 3, 2013, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Eemraldskies
Please pardon our confusion as we try and coordinate this with all departments. It is printed in the menu that the coupons are good for beer, wine or liquor. However, on our SW employee page and our inflight memo's we were told that the coupons could be used for the new Vitamin waters.

I apologize to any customer who may have been told no during flight - but I hope the miscommunication will be cleared up soon. I agree - print out the press release and I will do my part by informing fellow FA's that I work with that the coupons will be accepted.

Thank you to all of our loyal customers and those of you on the fence.
Thanks, Eemeraldskies! Word of mouth often works better than "official" communications!!
Old May 4, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
On my BUR->SJC flight this morning the FA took my coupon fior the vitaminwater without question.
Old May 14, 2013, 1:09 pm

Programs: HHonors (Diamond), Marriott (Gold), United (Gold - MM), American (Platinum), National (Executive)
Now 14 days into the month and I just heard an FA say you couldn't use the coupons. When I said you could and showed her the letter she accepted and said that they hadn't informed the flight attendants and she assumed it was no different than the Monster drink it replaced.

Come on SWA get the message to the troops!!!!
Old May 14, 2013, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by Hokies82
Now 14 days into the month and I just heard an FA say you couldn't use the coupons. When I said you could and showed her the letter she accepted and said that they hadn't informed the flight attendants and she assumed it was no different than the Monster drink it replaced.

Come on SWA get the message to the troops!!!!
Same thing happened on a flt yesterday. Pulled up the press release on my iPad, and that took care of the issue. Funny, the FA who took my order (he's been on the job only two weeks) came back to me just before landing and asked me (not the lead FA) whether it was OK to serve Vitamin Waters that were unopened. Told him that it was OK, the open container rule only applies to booze; he appreciated the info and indicated that he didn't receive much training in this area. WN, are you listening?
Old May 14, 2013, 2:10 pm

Programs: WN A+ & CP, Hyatt Diamond
I had a 6 AM BS coupon.

I got a vitamin water with no troubles, as Im not one to drink @ 6 AM.

He did yell at me when collecting trash to hide it since I didnt open it because they "have to pick back up anything they serve."
Old May 14, 2013, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
on a 9:55pm flight SJC-SAN, I was told that there was no Vitamin Water since they didn't have any to restock at SJC.

something tells me demand for vitamin waters is probably higher than monsters...
Old Jul 3, 2013, 3:34 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
As an update to this thread,the July onboard menu clearly indicates that Business Select coupons & drink coupons can be used for beer, liquor, or Vitamin Water products. That should clear up any Flight attendant confusion, even if it means showing them the menu.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 3:43 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I used a coupon Monday with no problem.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by expert7700
As an update to this thread,the July onboard menu clearly indicates that Business Select coupons & drink coupons can be used for beer, liquor, or Vitamin Water products. That should clear up any Flight attendant confusion, even if it means showing them the menu.
Does it? I saw the July menu and noticed that it showed the Vitamin Water products, but I don't remember that it said anything specific about coupon use; just that they were $3. Anyone have a scan?

The July issue of Spirit is still ambiguous; saying in one area that "'beverages' may be purchased with drink coupons" and in another that "drink coupons will be accepted onboard for beer, wine and liquor."

Last edited by ursine1; Jul 3, 2013 at 4:03 pm
Old Jul 3, 2013, 3:59 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ursine1
Does it? I saw the July menu and noticed that it showed the Vitamin Water products, but I don't remember that it said anything specific about coupon use; just that they were $3. Anyone have a scan?
Since you asked.

Great big pdf. It does not specifically say that Vitamin Water can be bought with coupons.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
Since you asked.

Great big pdf. It does not specifically say that Vitamin Water can be bought with coupons.

That's the old one; the new one for this quarter shows just one free drink holiday, for the 4th of July.

It looks like the ones WN is showing online (this one above, and an even older link via the Spirit website) are out of date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.