Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Jerry, Your Trip is Just Around the Corner"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Jerry, Your Trip is Just Around the Corner"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:46 pm

My companion and another person I'm flying with were all on my last email. All booked with points from my account.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 4:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
I book 125+ flights a year on WN. Fly 60+. I hate these emails. Got one today "your trip is right around the corner.......", October 13th......
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:08 am

Programs: WN CP & B-list. Disillusioned fmr UA-1P/2P,F9-Ascent; Fmr AA-Plat,CO-Gold,NW-Silver,TWA-Elite
Originally Posted by zachary
Just blast out as many e-mails as you can and keep reminding people that they can spend the $10.
EBCI is now $12.50.

+1 on this thread. I think an effective e-mail program starts with listening to what the customer wants. Otherwise, they are either just thrown away, ignored or we program e-mail systems to throw them into junk folders.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K
What I find really annoying is that I get these emails for flights that I have cancelled. So even when I don't have a flight "around the corner" I get an email from Southwest telling me I do!
Old Apr 24, 2014, 6:56 pm

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
me too

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
... Subject: Your trip to SLC on 5/11/12: A lower price may be available due to fare sale

(Hee Hee, that last one made me laugh)
+1 on that, Ink!
Old Aug 26, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
How is 30 days from now "just around the corner?"

I was momentarily freaked out by this as I'm leaving for another trip not on WN. I was worried I had a random booking I didn't know about.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by OskiBear
How is 30 days from now "just around the corner?"

I was momentarily freaked out by this as I'm leaving for another trip not on WN. I was worried I had a random booking I didn't know about.
Great point OskiBear. When a retail store coming into a mall says"Coming Soon" does that mean this week, this month, next month or next year?

I think the "Your Trip Is Around the Corner Email" coming 30 days is a way for Southwest to make money on Air Extras such as EarlyBird Checkin, Rental Cars, Hotel bookings etc. And its another chance for you to see if there is a lower fare or if you need to change your schedule .

I consider "Just around the corner" to be within 7 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.