Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Priority Pass when flying WN

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2011, 2:38 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
You can also use the AS board room in SEA. It's over at the entrance to the D gates, and is a bit of a walk from the WN gates. It's a really nice lounge though. Good soup and there are bathrooms inside unlike the President's Club.

Just clear security over at the D/N or main checkpoint and it's right there.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, UA Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
Thanks jrpaguia and tusphotog.

I updated the post to reflect your input, as well as indicating that free basic booze is available at the US Airways lounges on the list. It's kinda nice how the amenities have increased since late 2009 - United and US Airways now provide free internet code upon request, as well as free basic booze (to align with Continental's offerings).
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:46 am

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred, SPG Gold
RDU's USAirways Club in T1 closed a week or so ago when T2's second half opened and US/CO relocated to T2.

Only AirTran, SW and JetBlue left in T1 and renovations are coming in 2012; eventually T1 will be AirTran/SW and other LCCs only. The RDU Airport Authority has said it will re-open the US club in T1 and operate it as an airport-run facility for a trial this year to decide whether to include a club in the planning for the new T1.

No idea if PP will be accepted in the temporary club.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 9:04 am

CLE would also be quite doable. Wouldn't be too bad of a walk from the CO club to the WN gates. And no need to go through the TSA checkpoint.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 6:55 am
Company Representative, AirSpace Lounges

Originally Posted by knoebelsPT
CLE would also be quite doable. Wouldn't be too bad of a walk from the CO club to the WN gates. And no need to go through the TSA checkpoint.
Yesterday, Airspace Lounge announced the forthcoming opening of its CLE airport lounge; it's post-security on the path to all Southwest flights. Entry is just $20 and includes food which we'd be glad to wrap up to go for your flight. Entry is complimentary for American Express Platinum(c) members and their family or up to two guests.

Cleveland Plain Dealer article:
http://www.cleveland.com/business/in...incart_m-rpt-1

Here is a rendering:

Last edited by AirspaceOnFT; Feb 23, 2013 at 8:49 am
Old Feb 23, 2013, 9:08 am

Programs: WN A-List, AS MVP, HH Gold, FPC Premier, Hyatt Diamond, CC Gold, TR Diamond
LAX also has the RELAX Lounge for Priority Pass, which is outside of security in the nearby (5 minute walk or shuttle bus ride) Tom Bradley Int'l Terminal. It is on the Mezzanine Level in the middle of the food court area next to the 'Daily Grill' and 'Pink's Hot Dog' stand.
Open 08:00 - 00:00 daily with nice selection of complimentary wines and beers in addition to the usual food and beverage and internet amenities. The distance might be too far for close connections but if you are waiting 2 hours, it is a nice alternative to the USAir Lounge.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Club@SJC

SJC Airport recently opened the new Club@SJC located across from Gate A-15 upstairs. Its a 3-5 minute walk to the WN Gates in the Federal Inspection Lounge. There are stairs going up as well as an elevator. Its open to Priority Pass, Lounge Club and a Daily fee is $35.

Open from 5:00 AM-10:00 PM.

http://www.theclubairportlounges.com/club-SJC.html

The amenities include a shower room, complimentary alcohol(beer wine spirits), snacks and non-alcoholic beverages along with free wifi.

I visited there in January and enjoyed it. They offer Campari, a good Cava Sparkling Wine, Martells and Courvaisser Cognac, Baileys Irish Creme local beers and wines. There are premium drinks available for purchase but who needs them as they offer a lot. There were beer bottles(one beer was from Morgan Hill). In addition they offer Tomato Juice, Orange and Grapefruit Juice as well. I really enjoyed this lounge.

There are comfortable leather chairs on the runway side of the lounge where you can see the tarmac action. I saw the Hawaiian Air leave from the gate and take off.

On the Terminal A Garage side there are couches, comfortable chairs and a long table where you can plug in your laptop.

The shower room was nice and had body wash, shampoo and conditioner.

All in all this is a great place to wait before a WN or a flight with another airline. There is a Flight Information Display Screen that shows all arrivals and departures so you know if your flight is on time.

Last edited by danielonn; Feb 28, 2013 at 12:53 am
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RoadWarrior707
LAX also has the RELAX Lounge for Priority Pass, which is outside of security in the nearby (5 minute walk or shuttle bus ride) Tom Bradley Int'l Terminal. It is on the Mezzanine Level in the middle of the food court area next to the 'Daily Grill' and 'Pink's Hot Dog' stand.
Open 08:00 - 00:00 daily with nice selection of complimentary wines and beers in addition to the usual food and beverage and internet amenities. The distance might be too far for close connections but if you are waiting 2 hours, it is a nice alternative to the USAir Lounge.
I love the RELAX lounge and use it and enjoy the wine and beer selections. They offer good wines from Weins Vineyards(Temecula) Concannon(Livermore) and others. The complimentary beer includes Heiniken and Amstel Light.

I love the comfortable reclining chairs as well as the other chairs too. They offer mini sandwiches, Check Mix, Peanuts, Cheezits and pastries. The coffee maker grinds your beans for you and makes decent coffee. They also have bottled water and RC Soda Machine as well.

If you don't have Priority Pass you can purchase a Day Pass or a pass for a couple of hours. Its about a 10 minute walk from Terminal 1 or you can take the Inter-Terminal Shuttle.

If you have a chance say hi to Walter Vagara and his helpful staff. They are looking to move once the terminal renovation is complete. Please show your support.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 6:17 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
Flying out of Logan in Sept. Wondering if Air France lounge still accessible if flying WN. Thanks
Old Aug 8, 2014, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by cdoobiest
Flying out of Logan in Sept. Wondering if Air France lounge still accessible if flying WN. Thanks
AF lounge in terminal E is still a Priority Pass lounge open 14:30 - 23:30. WN uses terminal E
Old Aug 8, 2014, 7:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Using Priority Pass when flying WN

I didn't see the BA galleries lounge at IAD listed. I used it last year with PP Select and it was directly across from my WN departure gate in Concourse B! It does have limited access hours (7am-2pm) though.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 10:42 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by CDKing
AF lounge in terminal E is still a Priority Pass lounge open 14:30 - 23:30. WN uses terminal E
Great, thanks for update. Do you need to go through security twice to get there. I notice different security gates for WN. Thanks
Old Aug 11, 2014, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by cdoobiest
Great, thanks for update. Do you need to go through security twice to get there. I notice different security gates for WN. Thanks
Same checkpoint for all Terminal E airlines
Old Aug 11, 2014, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Would be great if somebody could update the master list from post #9, as many of these locations are no longer part of PP or have ceased to exist. Personally I found the Alaska Boardroom at SFO T-1 to be quite convenient but that's now gone.

IMO the most glaring dearth of lounges are at OAK and MDW. SLC and PHX have lounges but last I checked they were not convenient to WN gates. BUR could really use a lounge too as its antiquated facilities are crappo.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, UA Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
Updated my original post (post #9) with what I pulled from the Priority Pass app and recent FlyerTalker reports - it's been a while since I've flown Southwest and didn't notice that this thread was still active. Feel free to include any personal experiences and I'll update when I get the chance. I have updated with the Priority Pass Select level of access, and added placeholders for the Airspace lounges (SAN, CLE) and Centurion Lounges (LAS, LGA) that we can access with our Amex Platinums.

Last edited by HankAAFlyer; Aug 12, 2014 at 12:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.