FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Using Priority Pass when flying WN (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1025230-using-priority-pass-when-flying-wn.html)

danielonn Dec 8, 2009 3:13 pm

Using Priority Pass when flying WN

I have PriorityPass that allows me access to many airline lounges in the cities WN services. I have found that by going to the lounge before a flight to enjoy a drink or two and catch up on some much needed rest and work is a godsend. I was wondering if there are any WN fliers who use PP before and after their flights?

On another related note wouldn't it be cool if WN opened airline lounges at airports with membership in PriorityPass as well as those who are A fliers or on a Business Select fare get complimentary access and those without can buy a day pass. The lounges could offer complimentary alcohol other beverages and good snacks.Maybe there could be an entertainment room where staff members crack jokes,play games, and have a separate room for kids traveling with parents or Unaccompanied minors. This supervised room can have kid friendly drinks,snacks, movies and more while Mom and Dad work or have a drink at the bar. They could even have hot food items like chili, sandwiches and more as well as snackboxes to take on the plane.

What are your ideas?

Please see Post#9 for updated list!

ronbo83 Dec 8, 2009 8:33 pm

I use my PP as well to access lounges when flying WN. It can be a little hard some times when flying out of "Close In" airports that don't normally offer lounge service like HOU and MDW, but very useful at major airports that WN flies to like PHX and LAX.

I would love to have free access but I don't know if that would be something WN is interested in giving away. It would also seem crowded if every A-List and BS pax could access a lounge. Everytime I am in a PP lounge, there are usually only 5-6 other people in there and I find it a nice quiet space. Not sure how quiet it would be with a sudden increase of eligible customers.

Good thoughts though!

JerryFF Dec 8, 2009 9:01 pm

My idea is that WN runs a good airline and they should stick to that. I would not like to see them waste money providing free booze and babysitting for its passengers.

SAPMAN Dec 8, 2009 11:58 pm

I doubt if WN has much excess space in terminals for a lounge. Most of their major airports (where a lounge would be more utilized) are very crowded already. Although, with unknown time for security and baggage lines, many arrive at airport extra early and cool their heels in concourse. Used to be I could time it so less than 30 min in concourse, so not much time there (except for connections). Now more may opt to pay as they are there longer.

HPN-HRL Dec 11, 2009 10:30 am

I bought pp last year. It was nice to have, but losing the Delta lounges (especially in JAX) makes it unlikely that I will renew. If HOU had a lounge, I would definitely renew. SAPMAN's comment that we all spend more time in airports (per flight) is spot-on.

I don't see WN partnering with pp, unless Chase (or Citi, etc.) starts issuing something like the Hilton Surpass card, with a higher annual fee to pay for basic pp membership.

danielonn Dec 13, 2009 1:55 am

HOU has a lounge

Houston IAH has Continental Airlines

ronbo83 Dec 13, 2009 11:24 pm

HOU (Houston Hobby) actually does not have any lounges. IAH (Houston Intercontinental or George Bush) is a different airport that Southwest does not operate out of (thank goodness). HOU is my home airport and I mostly fly out in the mornings so I try and be at the airport for less than 30 minutes, but for those days with delays and the terminal starts to get crowded, I wish I had a lounge to escape to. Maybe one day...

ElmhurstNick Dec 16, 2009 6:16 am

I had started a thread on this about a year ago with a list of airports. Am running late for work so can't search for it, but it might be of help.

HankAAFlyer Dec 16, 2009 8:04 am

I have used my PriorityPass in conjunction with Southwest flights - here's a quick summary of where it "makes sense" - some I have actually used, others I have mapped out based on the terminal maps for a particular airports, while others are from other Flyertalkers' experiences:

Updated as of 20 Jan 2024 - added feedback from lya for updates at San Francisco airport
Updated as of 9 June 2023 - added feedback from Reaching regarding SFO Priority Pass lounge accessibility; added China Airlines Lounge @ SFO; added Mercantile Dining and Provision @ DEN; added Samuel Adams Brewhouse @ ATL
Updated as of 1 Dec 2022 - added feedback from m907 for BNA restaurant, from Rd3 BWI restaurant; added Gameway at HOU; deleted lounges at LAX

NOTE: Effective August 1, 2019: Priority Pass memberships subsidized by American Express (Platinum, Centurion, Hilton Ascend, Hilton Aspire, Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant) will no longer include complimentary access to non-lounge airport experiences (i.e. restaurant credit, spas, gaming).
Effective January 1, 2023: Priority Pass memberships subsidized by Capital One will no longer include complimentary access to non-lounge airport experiences (i.e. restaurant credit, spas, gaming).

- Atlanta (ATL) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Samuel Adams Brew House - International Terminal - Concourse B -lcoated in the Food Court area - should be accessible to Southwest passengers using Terminal Train. 7 AM - 10 PM
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - The Club@ATL - International Terminal - Concourse F - mezzanine level, next to chapel - should be accessible to Southwest passengers using Terminal Train. 6 AM - 10:30 PM
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Minute Suites- Concourse B - mezzanine level, near Gate B16 - should be accessible to Southwest passengers using Terminal Train Open 24 hours LegalTender noted that Priority Pass is good for a 60 min visit.
- Baltimore (BWI) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Harbor Grill - Concourse C- Located at C gates, near gates C6 and C8. Rd3 noted the restaurant is convenient/accessible when flying Southwest
- Charlotte (CLT) - American Express Platinum - Centurion Lounge - Lounge is located at intersection of Concourses D and E on the mezzanine level. As all concourses are connected airside, should be accessible to Southwest passengers. Per HPN-HRL, Charlotte Centurion Lounge is located at the "D" end of the connection between concourses D and E, which is a bit of a walk from concourse A (where the Southwest gates are located).
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Minute Suites- lounges located in the main atrium, near the D/E connector next to the Food Court Area. All gates are connected airside, so should be accessible to Southwest passengers. Open 24 hours LegalTender noted that Priority Pass is good for a 60 min visit.
- Chicago O'Hare (ORD) -Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Swissport Lounge - Terminal 5- between gates M7 and M8. Should be accessible since Southwest flies out of Terminal 5 at O'Hare?
- Cincinnati (CVG) -Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - The Club@CVG - Concourse A - located between gates A8 and A10. 6 AM - 10 PM
- Cleveland (CLE) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Bar Symon - Concourse C - Cardholders receive US$28 credit for themselves and per guest. Located after Security, between gates C4 and C6.
- Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - The Club CLE - Concourse B. after Security checks, near Ohio Gameday Sports
- Denver (DEN) - American Express Platinum - Centurion Lounge - Concourse C. Located just past gate C46 on the mezzanine level. Accessible to all gates in concourses A, B and C. Very convenient to Southwest gates, as Southwest flies out of Concourse C.
- Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - SweetWater Mountain Taphouse - Concourse B. not in same concourse as Southwest, but accessible to all gates in Concourses A, B and C. Near gate 79 on level 2B, next to Starbucks. Cardholders receive US$28 credit for themselves and per guest
- Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Mercantile Dining and Provision - Concourse A. not in same concourse as Southwest, but accessible to all gates in Concourses A, B and C. Located in the center core of Concourse A, near Gate 39. Cardholders receive US$28 credit for themselves and per guest
- Detroit (DTW) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Lufthansa Business Lounge - located next to Gate D8, per BearBear, accessible and near Southwest gates, not open to Priority Pass between 13:00 and 16:00.
- Hartford (BDL) - American Express Platinum- Escape Lounge - Per jco613, located on the low gates A pier. ucdtim17 noted the new partnership with American Express and Escape Lounges.
- Honolulu (HNL) Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Interisland Terminal (Terminal 1) - The Plumeria Lounge, not really convenient for Southwest, as Southwest flies out of Terminal 2 (Overseas Terminal). May be accessible by taking interterminal bus.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Overseas Terminal (Terminal 2) - IASS Hawaii Lounge, should be accessible for Southwest passengers as Southwest flies from this terminal.
- Houston George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Terminal A - Cadillac Mexican Kitchen & Tequila Bar - located near gate A17, convenient for Southwest passengers, as Southwest flies out of Terminal A. Cardholders receive US$28 credit for themselves and per guest
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Terminal C - Landry's Seafood - not as convenient for Southwest passengers since Southwest flies out of Terminal A but accessible with taking the SkyTrain. Cardholders receive US$28 credit for themselves and per guest
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Terminal D - Air France Lounge - located near Gate D12, not as convenient for Southwest passengers as Southwest flies out of Terminal A but accessible with taking the SkyTrain
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Terminal D - KLM Crown Lounge - located near Gate D8, not as convenient for Southwest passengers as Southwest flies out of Terminal A but accessible with taking the SkyTrain
American Express Platinum- Centurion Lounge - Terminal D - entrance at elevators inside Duty Free Store, not as convenient for Southwest passengers but accessible with the SkyTrain.
- Houston Hobby (HOU) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Gameway - located near gate 1, convenient for Southwest passengers. Cardholders receive 1 hour of gameplay and 1 snack/1 drink (not valid for Monster Energy drink). Note: Priority Pass Select issued via Amex not valid.
- Indianapolis (IND) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - The Fan Zone - Concourse B. Airside, after security, located at end of Concourse B near Gate B17. Cardholders receive US$28 credit for themselves and per guest. bobbybrown mentioned that the restaurant is very close to WN gates which will be very convenient for WN travelers. 8 AM to last scheduled flight departure
- Jacksonville (JAX) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - The Club@JAX - Concourse A, after Security, proceed through Food Court, located on right hand side near gate A1. While Southwest flies out of Concourse C, Concourses A and C are connected, so is walkable to access the lounge from the Southwest gates.
- Kahului (Maui) (OGG) -
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Premier Lounge - located on 2nd floor opposite Gate 17, should be accessible to Southwest passengers.
- Las Vegas (LAS) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - The Club@LAS - Terminal 1 - Concourse D, 2nd level above red line train station (per HPN-HRL and justhere, accessible to Southwest passengers but not the most convenient for access before Southwest flights, make sure to factor in time to get to gate prior to departure) 5:30 AM - 12:30 AM daily
Per Zorak: All of LAS is connected airside, though not necessarily conveniently. From A/B you can walk to the C/D tram area. From C, take the tram as if you are exiting but DO NOT exit security. The doors between the C and D trams will be open (it's the only way for priority/PreCheck pax to access the D trams). Go through those doors and take the tram to D terminal, go up the long escalators then double back to the left (the club looks back over the escalators, sort of). To return, retrace your steps (making sure to get on the Blue Line tram back to T1 and not the red Line which will put you into T3). Be aware however that The Club at LAS is a tiny shoebox.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - The Club@LAS - Terminal 3 - Located across from gate E2. Per Zorak: From A/B you can walk to the C/D tram area. From C, take the Blue Line tram as if you are exiting but DO NOT exit security. The doors between the C and D trams will be open (it's the only way for priority/PreCheck pax to access the D trams). Go through those doors and take the red Line tram to E terminal. 5:30 AM - midnight daily
American Express Platinum - Centurion Lounge - per NoStressHere, accessible to Southwest passengers - have to take the train to the D Terminal and then back to the security area and then into the Southwest gates. One does NOT have to reclear security. Always decent food at the Centurion club and free drinks.
- Los Angeles (LAX) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Be Relax Spa - Terminal 1, convenient for most Southwest flights, as most Southwest flights depart from Terminal 1 at LAX. Options include 30 min lounger massage as well as head massage/foot massage options.
American Express Platinum - Centurion Lounge, likely not useful for most Southwest flights, as most Southwest flights depart from Terminal 1 at LAX, while lounge is in TBIT. However, some international flights will depart from TBIT, so accessibly behind security to Terminal 6 (not particularly convenient, but an option). After clearing TSA in TBIT, walk towards the bridge to the Great Hall. Once there, immediately turn left and enter the elevator lobby. Take elevator from level four to level two where the lounge is straight ahead. (temporarily closed due to construction?)
- Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Gameway - Terminal 3, near gate 30B, accessible to Terminals 2 and 3, not convenient for Southwest passengers. Cardholders receive 1 hour of gameplay and 1 snack/1 drink. Note: Priority Pass Select issued via Amex not valid.
- Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Gameway - Terminal 6, near gate 65A, accessible to Terminals 7 and 8, not convenient for Southwest passengers. Cardholders receive 1 hour of gameplay and 1 snack/1 drink. Note: Priority Pass Select issued via Amex not valid.
- Miami (MIA) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Concourse D - Corona Beach House - located between Gates D23 and D24, not very convenient for Southwest passengers, as Southwest flies out of Concourse G, so would require clearing security twice? Cardholders receive US$30 credit for themselves and per guest
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Concourse E - Turkish Airlines Lounge - located past TSA checkpoint in Concourse E, not as convenient for Southwest passengers as Southwest flies out of Concourse G, so would require clearing security twice? Per synergistic, can attest to a Turkish Airlines lounge being accessible, but situation may have changed if the lounge changed locations or Southwest changed their gates.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Concourse H - Turkish Airlines Lounge - located between Concourses H and J, not as convenient for Southwest passengers as Southwest flies out of Concourse G, so would require clearing security twice? Per synergistic, can attest to a Turkish Airlines lounge being accessible, but situation may have changed if the lounge changed locations or Southwest changed their gates.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Concourse F - Club America F - located past TSA checkpoint in Concourse F, not as convenient for Southwest passengers as Southwest flies out of Concourse G, so would require clearing security twice?
American Express Platinum- Centurion Lounge - Concourse D - located near gate D12. not really convenient for Southwest as Southwest flies out of Concourse G, so would require clearing security twice.
- Nashville (BNA)- Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - 400 Degrees Hot Chicken - Concourse C - between gates C15 and C17. Cardholders receive US$28 credit for themselves and per guest. Per m907, noted was accessible when flying Southwest.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Minute Suites - Concourse D - located near gate D3.
- New Orleans (MSY)- Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - The Club @ MSY, per NoStressHere, small location and can be crowded
- New York LaGuardia (LGA) - American Express Platinum - Centurion Lounge - new location in Terminal B, convenient for Southwest flights
- Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Minute Suites Express, accessible for Southwest flights, after security, take escalator up one level and is located on right hand side of the Bowery Bay Shops
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Be Relax Spa, accessible for Southwest flights. Options include 30 min lounger massage as well as head massage/foot massage options.
- Oakland (OAK) - American Express Platinum - Escape Lounge
Per shammers, this is a 5-15m walk (inside security) from the T-2 gates that handle the WN flights. ucdtim17 noted the new partnership with American Express and Escape Lounges.
- Ontario (ONT) - American Express Platinum - Escape Lounge - Terminal 4 - opened on May 13 2019 - should be convenient/accessible for Southwest passengers.
American Express Platinum - Escape Lounge - Terminal 2 - not convenient for Southwest passengers
- Orlando (MCO) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - The Club MCO - Terminal B Concourse 4 - accessible from gates 70-99, next to InMotion Store, near gate 91 - per shammers, inconvenient for Southwest for departures, and better as an arrivals lounge where one isn't pressed to go through security - possible need to clear security again if there are international arrivals. elron938 and northsider had similar experience as shammers and had to clear security twice, so be mindful of the possibility of needing to clear security again, helps if you have TSA Precheck. Per nsx, The Club at MCO is accessible to Southwest passengers by riding the other train to gate 90. You can cut across on the air side of security between that train and the train that connects to Southwest's gates. nsx also mentioned that the Club at MCO is a very, very nice lounge and is the best US domestic terminal lounge he has ever visited. shammers and northsider agreed that the Club at MCO is a nice domestic lounge with decent food and alcohol.
- Philadelphia (PHL) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Minute Suites - located between Concourses A and B in the AB connector. Per HPN-HRL,PHL is totally connected behind security, but Southwest uses gates in terminal E, which is not close at all to any PP lounges or the Centurion Lounge - it's almost worth backtracking to terminal F and riding the F transfer bus to A/B.
American Express Platinum - Centurion Lounge - Lounge located in Terminal A West, near Gate A14. The Lounge can be reached from any other terminal by walking or via shuttle bus. Per HPN-HRL,PHL is totally connected behind security, but Southwest uses gates in terminal E, which is not close at all to any PP lounges or the Centurion Lounge - it's almost worth backtracking to terminal F and riding the F transfer bus to A/B.
- Phoenix (PHX) - American Express Platinum - Centurion Lounge The Centurion Lounge is located in Terminal 4 across from Gate B22 on the upper level. Per smmrfld, PHX Centurion is in Terminal 4, but it’s a good walk from WN gates. Note: you cannot access both Centurion and Escape lounges on the same day.
American Express Platinum - Escape Lounge The Escape Lounge is located in Terminal 4 across from Gate B22 on the upper level. Per smmrfld, Phoenix Escape is in Terminal 4, but it’s a good walk from WN gates. Note: you cannot access both Centurion and Escape lounges on the same day.
- Pittsburgh (PIT) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - The Club@PIT Concourse C. after security, across from gate C52 between Bar Symom and Kidsport. Southwest flies from Concourse A, but lounge is accessible to Southwest passengers.
- Portland (PDX) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Alaska Airlines Board Room - looks doable - lounge is in Concourse C, Southwest gates are out of Concourse C also.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Westward Whiskey - looks doable - restaurant is in Concourse C, Southwest gates are out of Concourse C also. Cardholders and accompanying guests receive $28 off final bill per person per visit, valid on any type of drink/tasting excluding bottle sales and merchandise.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Capers Café Le Bar - looks doable - restaurant is in Concourse C, Southwest gates are out of Concourse C also. Cardholders and accompanying guests receive $28 off final bill per person per visit.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Capers Market - looks doable - restaurant is in Concourse D, Southwest gates are out of Concourse C. Cardholders and accompanying guests receive a "meal-kit"
- Providence (PVD) - American Express Platinum - Escape Lounge - Main Terminal - should be convenient/accessible for Southwest passengers.
- Reno (RNO) - American Express Platinum - Escape Lounge
Per worldwidedreamer, the lounge is accessible past security, take the escalator up, and turn left for 30 feet. Nice staff and, like other Escape lounges, lacks a bathroom
- San Francisco (SFO) - American Express Platinum - Centurion Lounge - International Terminal - NOTE: in a different terminal so not accessible to Southwest passengers without clearing security twice, but possible. Southwest flies from Terminal 1. Complimentary breakfast and lunch/dinner buffets and drinks. Free internet. Can access as long as you're ok clearing security twice at different terminals.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Air France - KLM Lounge - International Terminal Concourse A, first left after TSA Checkpoint. Free internet. Southwest flies from Terminal 1 Concourse B. nsx mentioned this lounge is accessible to Southwest passengers and is convenient. Reaching noted that International Terminal Concourse A at SFO is now connected airside to Concourse B where Southwest Gates are. So AIr France KLM (temporary lounge) and China Airlines are now accessible to Southwest fliers without re-clearing security.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Golden Gate Lounge (formerly Air France - KLM temporary lounge) - International Terminal Concourse A per lya, Air France - KLM Lounge temporary lounge is now named the Golden Gate Lounge.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse - International TErminal Concourse A - per lya, available on level 5 post security in International Terminal Concourse A aside from the China Airlines Lounge and the Golden Gate Lounge.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - China Airlines Lounge - International Terminal Concourse A, Near gate A1, level 4 post security. Proceed through Security Checkpoint A and turn left. Southwest flies from Terminal 1 Concourse B. nsx mentioned this lounge is accessible to Southwest passengers and is convenient. Reaching noted that International Terminal Concourse A at SFO is now connected airside to Concourse B where Southwest Gates are. So AIr France KLM (temporary lounge) and China Airlines are now accessible to Southwest fliers without re-clearing security.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Mustards Bar & Grill- International Terminal - Cardholders and accompanying guests receive $28 off final bill per person per visit.. Per lya, the Mustards Bar & Grill restaurant is at International Terminal Concourse G -- to be specific, which (similar to terminal 2 and 3,) is in a different terminal so not accessible to Southwest passengers without clearing security twice, but possible.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Lark Creek Grill - Terminal 2 - NOTE: in a different terminal so not accessible to Southwest passengers without clearing security twice, but possible. Southwest flies from Terminal 1. Cardholders receive US$28 credit for themselves and per guest. Can access as long as you're ok clearing security twice at different terminals.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - San Francisco Giants Clubhouse - Terminal 3 - NOTE: in a different terminal so not accessible to Southwest passengers without clearing security twice, but possible. Southwest flies from Terminal 1. Terminal 3 - Concourse F after Security, near Gate 82. Cardholders receive US$28 credit for themselves and per guest. Can access as long as you're ok clearing security twice at different terminals.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Yankee Pier - Terminal 3 - NOTE: in a different terminal so not accessible to Southwest passengers without clearing security twice, but possible. Southwest flies from Terminal 1. Terminal 3 - Concourse F after Security, near Gate 72. Cardholders receive US$28 credit for themselves and per guest. Can access as long as you're ok clearing security twice at different terminals.
- San Jose (SJC) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - The Club@SJC - Located across from Gate A15. Accessible to Southwest passengers, as gates are connected airside.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - The Club@SJC - Located across from Gate A8. Accessible to Southwest passengers, as gates are connected airside.
- Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - The Club@SJC - Located across from Gate A15. Accessible to Southwest passengers, as gates are connected airside.
- Seattle (SEA) - Pass & Priority Pass Select - The Club at SEA - Concourse A- near gate A11, and is a bit of a walk from the WN gates?
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - The Club at SEA - South Satellite- near gate S9, and is a bit of a walk from the WN gates?
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Bambuzza- 04:30-23:30 daily; located at North Satellite - once disembark train, take escalator to Concourse Level and turn left, located on left side. Cardholders receive US$28 credit for themselves and per guest.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Trail Head BBQ Bar - Central Terminal - Cardholders receive US$28 credit for themselves and per guest.
- St Louis (STL) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - The Pasta House & Schlafly Beer STL - Terminal 2. Cardholders receive US$28 credit for themselves and per guest. This is airside in Terminal 2, so convenient for Southwest passengers. Located on upper level, through security on the right, opposite gate E6.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Wingtips Lounge - Terminal 2. This is airside in Terminal 2, so convenient for Southwest passengers. Located on upper level, through security, turn left, opposite gate E29.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - The Pasta House - Terminal 1. NOT CONVENIENT for Southwest passengers since Southwest flies from Terminal 2, and this restaurant is in Terminal 1. It is landside, so could be accessible if you don't mind doing the terminal change. Cardholders receive US$28 credit for themselves and per guest. Located on the lower level pre security close to baggage claim in Terminal 1.
- Tucson (TUS) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Barrio Brewery Co. - Landside - 2nd floor, opposite Arroyo Trading Post. Cardholders receive US$28 credit for themselves and per guest.
- Washington Reagan National (DCA) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Bracket Room - hours: 5 AM - 9 PM Terminal B - NOT CONVENIENT as Southwest flies out of Terminal A, but doable if you don't mind clearing security twice. After security, opposite gate 12. Cardholders receive US$28 credit for themselves and per guest.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - American Tap Room - hours: 5 AM - 10 PM Terminal C - NOT CONVENIENT as Southwest flies out of Terminal A, but doable if you don't mind clearing security twice. After security, near gates 35-45. Cardholders receive US$28 credit for themselves and per guest.
- Washington Dulles (IAD) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - British Airways Galleries Club- Concourse B - hours: 7 AM - 2 PM. Concourse B, near Train. Convenient for Southwest passengers.
- Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Air France - KLM Lounge Concourse A - . Accessible for Southwest passengers with a short walk.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Lufthansa Business Lounge- Concourse B - hours: TBD Concourse B, near Train. Convenient for Southwest passengers.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse - Concourse A - Opposite Gate A32. Convenient for Southwest but further walk from Southwest gates than British Airways and Turkish Airlines lounges.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Turkish Airlines - Concourse B - near gate B43. Convenient for Southwest passengers.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Chef Geoff's - Concourse C - near gate C14. Not too convenient for Southwest passengers given the distance from the Southwest gates but possible. Cardholders receive US$28 credit for themselves and per guest.

International:
- Aruba (AUA) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - International VIP Lounge - Gate 2 - Gate 2 - proceed through immigration and follow signs to Gate 2.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - International VIP Lounge - Gate 8 - Gate 8 - proceed through immigration and follow signs to Gate 8.
- Cancun (CUN) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - The Lounge in Partnership with Air Transat - Terminal 4 - after Security, proceed through Duty Free Shops and head to to Gate 54. Turn left and go down the lift or stairs and find the entrance to lounge. Southwest flies out of Terminal 4, so this lounge should be accessible.
- Los Cabos International (SJD) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - VIP Lounge - after security, in front of Gate 8. Boraxo mentioned this is a nice lounge.
- Montego Bay (MBJ) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Club Mobay - after security, go up to the Mezzanine Level and take the elevator between Gates 8 and 13 up to lounge. Follow signs.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Club Mobay Arrivals Lounge - after customs, proceed straight ahead. Lounge located opposite Global Exchange Cambio and beside Thrifty Car Rental Desk.
- Nassau (NAS) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Graycliff Divans - after passport control and security checks, located at rear of terminal, 10 meters from the restrooms.
- San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO) - American Express Platinum and Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - VIP Lounge Costa Rica - Located in front of Gate 5. Accessible and convenient for Southwest passengers.
- San Juan (SJU)- Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Avianca Lounge - Terminal C -Lounge in Terminal C while Southwest flies from Terminal B, Juanefny confirms that all terminals are connected airside, so can access the lounge by foot.

not sure/ may be possible - need confirmation from someone who's done it firsthand:
- Puerto Vallarta (PVR) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - VIP Lounge - Hall 1, located after Food Court, before the connecting hallway to the International Departure Area
- Punta Cana (PUJ) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - VIP Lounge Punta Cana - Terminal A - after Security check and passport control - located on 2nd floor. Need FTers Reports on if this is accessible to Southwest passengers
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - VIP Lounge - Terminal B - after passport control, left side next to the food court and before the Gates on the 2nd floor. Need FTers Reports on if this is accessible to Southwest passengers
- Tampa (TPA)- Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - The Café by Mise en Place - Airside F - near gate F85. Cardholders receive US$28 credit for themselves and per guest.

Can't use due to location of lounge (or possible if you don't mind clearing security twice, once to use the lounge, then at the terminal where Southwest flights depart):
- Baltimore (BWI) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - The Club BWI, Located at D gates, near D10 and Dunkin Donuts. wetrat0 noted the lounge is fairly nice with a good selection of food and beverage but not particularly useful for Southwest passengers due to the need to re-clear security.
- Boston (BOS) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Stephanie's- Terminal B - Southwest flies out of Terminal A, restaurant is after Security, opposite gate B24.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Jerry Remy's Sports Bar and Grill - Terminal C - Southwest flies out of Terminal A, restaurant is landside opposite Alaska Airlines checkin counter in Terminal C.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - The Lounge - Terminal C - Southwest flies out of Terminal A, lounge is airside in Terminal C across from C19.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - The Club at BOS - Terminal E - Southwest flies out of Terminal A, lounge is airside in Terminal E after security, and take elevator down 1 level.
Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Air France Graf Lounge - Terminal E - Southwest flies out of Terminal A, there is an Air France Graf lounge that is near Gate E4 (tucked away) but accessible in the secure area in Terminal E. Free drinks, snacks (cookies, cheese, crackers, chips, etc.). Free internet from Logan. Opens around 1:30 PM - 2 PM though.
- Ft Lauderdale (FLL) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Kafe Kalik- Terminal 4 - Southwest flies out of Terminal 1, restaurant is after Security, Concourse G, near gate G6.
- Minneapolis / St. Paul (MSP) - American Express Platinum - Terminal 1- Escape Lounge- The Escape Lounge is in the Terminal 1 while Southwest flies out of Terminal 2, so access would not be possible. ucdtim17 noted the new partnership with American Express and Escape Lounges.
- Orlando (MCO) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - The Club MCO - Terminal A Concourse 1 - located near Gates 1-29, adjacent to XpressSpa - does not sound like easily accessible to Southwest passengers
- San Diego (SAN) - Priority Pass & Priority Pass Select - Aspire Lounge - Terminal 2, post security between Terminal 2 East security and the bridge to Terminal 2 West. Accessible to all Terminal 2 customers. Southwest flies from Terminal 1, so not accessible to Southwest passengers.

Hope this helps - feel free to add on to this list...

Thanks to HPN-HRL, cxn, ejmelton, ronbo83, jrpaguia, tusphotog, knoebelsPT, ksdavis, danielonn, Boraxo, FindAWay, justhere, amerjr999, smmrfld, shammers, nsx, northsider, elron938, ray1111, jco613, wetrat0, Zorak, ucdtim17, resteinmetz70112, Juanefny, worldwidedreamer, bearbear, NoStressHere, bobbybrown, LegalTender, tmiw, birdiedouble, Bearbear, synergistic, zachary, Franklin777, m907, Rd3. Reaching for your posts - I incorporated your feedback into my post.

HPN-HRL Dec 16, 2009 10:26 am

Comments on some of the above:

SAT - the Mexicana lounge is closed during the early afternoon (~12:00 to ~4:45 IIRC). It's small but comfy, decent catered sandwiches and a few decent liquor selections. For transfers from HRL the timing works fine, but not for transfers to HRL.

LAS - out of the way, but I enjoyed my time there waiting for a relative to arrive a couple of hours after my flight. Friendly staff & decent drinks.

cxn Dec 17, 2009 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by HankAAFlyer (Post 12997411)
- Seattle - looks doable, Continental President's Club is at B9, Southwest flies out of B6, B8, B12 and B14.

I use this lounge all the time. Close to the Southwest gates and 'free' Internet.

ejmelton Dec 17, 2009 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by HankAAFlyer (Post 12997411)
not sure/ may be possible - need confirmation from someone who's done it firsthand:
- Ft Lauderdale - looks like Continental and Southwest in the same terminal, but not sure if the CO President's Club is accessible from the Southwest gates as they are in different concourses..

Unfortunately, TSA in that part of FLL is by concourse, not terminal. Given the inconsistant TSA lines it wouldn't be very practical.

ronbo83 Dec 17, 2009 11:27 pm

SEA is close to the WN gates, but it is very small. Free drinks and snacks though.

PHX is a little hike, but when I am stuck there for more than an hour I head to the red carpet lounge. Medium size, no free drinks that I could see, and snacks.

LAX is one of the easiest for me to use. It is immediately to your left after security and WN practically owns Terminal 1 so you have to be close to your gate.

SNA is also fairly convenient and located near the WN gates.

HankAAFlyer Jan 31, 2011 10:20 pm

been finding myself flying Southwest now a little more lately (so can't use my Amex Platinum at Continental, Delta, American or US Airways lounges), but found that I had luck using the lounges at relatively new Southwest cities (New York LaGuardia and Boston Logan).

Just updated my post above with my experiences at the lounges there using my PriorityPass in post #9, as well as minor updates to reflect the closure of the Mexicana lounge in San Antonio, and the inaccessibility of the United Red Carpet Club due to terminal location at Minneapolis/St. Paul.

jrpaguia Feb 1, 2011 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by HankAAFlyer (Post 15776764)
Just updated my post above with my experiences at the lounges there...

Cool list. ^

I'd like to add that basic booze (Bud, Bud Lite, house wines) are now free at the US Clubs and the TPA US Club is doable a la PHX but requires going through the TSA stuff. PHX (actually near B7) is not a long hike if willing to go through TSA.