Atlanta, Georgia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Atlanta, Georgia

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Atlanta, Georgia

Flying F to ATL in the new year for a few days.

Any top tips for the flight or of things to do whilst over there?

I've been to Georgia before with work, but never ATL.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
A quick look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-454/ seems to show not a lot, just a little.

You could try floating your question there, of course.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by T8191
A quick look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-454/ seems to show not a lot, just a little.

You could try floating your question there, of course.
Thanks, will try TripAdvisor for the what to do once there, but any suggestions for the flight and at the BA lounge in ATL?
Old Dec 30, 2016, 1:58 am

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
I can confirm not a lot in the downtown area. Aquarium and Coca Cola Visitor Centre are the two main attractions, neither of which I would overly recommend.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DaveNCL
I can confirm not a lot in the downtown area. Aquarium and Coca Cola Visitor Centre are the two main attractions, neither of which I would overly recommend.
Thanks Dave, I'll hopefully get friends I made over there when I was on the Submarine to come and visit.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 4:02 am

Hard to suggest without knowing your interests, but if you intend to stay in the city and not rent a car, a recommended longish sort of day in the winter might be:
- A "navy" sort of "lad" might actually like the Georgia Aquarium. At least it would be indoors during a winter day
- Take the transit to Decatur, a city east of downtown (about 15 min transit ride). There I would:
  • Hit the Brickstore Pub.. go upstairs to the Belgian beer bar
  • Hit Iberian Pig or another local eating place
  • Go to Eddies Attic and catch a (music) show
  • Hit the Brick Store again or another of the pubs for a nightcap

There are other areas that are worthy of exploring. Hope you enjoy your visit.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xooz
Hard to suggest without knowing your interests, but if you intend to stay in the city and not rent a car, a recommended longish sort of day in the winter might be:
- A "navy" sort of "lad" might actually like the Georgia Aquarium. At least it would be indoors during a winter day
- Take the transit to Decatur, a city east of downtown (about 15 min transit ride). There I would:
  • Hit the Brickstore Pub.. go upstairs to the Belgian beer bar
  • Hit Iberian Pig or another local eating place
  • Go to Eddies Attic and catch a (music) show
  • Hit the Brick Store again or another of the pubs for a nightcap

There are other areas that are worthy of exploring. Hope you enjoy your visit.
Many thanks, most useful
Old Dec 31, 2016, 1:44 am

The BA lounge in ATL is The Club. It's an ok lounge. It tends to get busy around 5pm onwards. Book yourself a shower as you get in
Old Jan 4, 2017, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by williemaykit
The BA lounge in ATL is The Club. It's an ok lounge. It tends to get busy around 5pm onwards. Book yourself a shower as you get in
Thanks, I'm staying Hilton with diamond status so will probably have a last minute check out, if showers are in short supply, maybe I'll grab one prior to heading to the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.