Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying West

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2016, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Flying West

I will be flying from Huntsville AL. to Denver CO. & was wondering if one side of the plane gives you better views than the other. Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 27, 2016, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Welcome to Flyertalk!

For most of the trip, there won't be much to see except the expanse of America, and both sides are probably about the same. When I fly from Dallas to Denver, most of the time the plane heads north along the Rocky Mountain front range once it gets into Colorado, and in that case, you want to be on the left side of the plane for the view of the mountains. But this can change based on wind direction and/or weather.

In the morning and late afternoon, the sun will be out of the left side of the plane as you fly west. This can be a negative if it happens to be shining right onto your face.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by Tina Wimberley
I will be flying from Huntsville AL. to Denver CO. & was wondering if one side of the plane gives you better views than the other. Thanks in advance!
If you book the same side each way you'll likely get a good view one flight or the other, kind of hedging your bets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.