Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Any IHG hotels on the beach in West Florida (or possibly even Alabama)??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2016, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

I have a free night w/ IHG to use... and my girlfriend likes the beach.

Any ideas? @:-)
Old Jul 19, 2016, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA, LAN, HH, IHG
Originally Posted by DoctorBuzz
I have a free night w/ IHG to use... and my girlfriend likes the beach.

Any ideas? @:-)
Holiday Inn Resort Ft Walton Beach seems like a good option.
I have stayed at Holiday Inn Sanibel Island. Beach is nice, but hotel is nothing special.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
There is a Holiday Inn Resort on the beach in Panama City Beach. My in-laws stay there when visiting and are relatively pleased. Traffic, while not insubstantial is less of a hassle than FWB IME.

There are a couple likely looking places in the Pensacola area. I use the Holiday Inn Select there for business and hate it. It's also nowhere near the beach. But there is a HI Resort and a HIX on the water in Pensacola Beach. They look nice from the highway.

Of the 2 cities, I think there's more to do in PCB if you get tired of the beach (or it rains).
Old Jul 27, 2016, 3:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Holiday Inn Resort on Pensacola Beach is great. Big pool, lazy river, strong drinks, new rooms.

Pensacola Beach has a boardwalk with restaurants, music, etc. It's not nearly as busy as Panama City or Gulf Shores, and not nearly as expensive as Destin.

Pensacola has a great little minor league baseball team and the NAS Pensacola Museum is world class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.