Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Upgrade on intercontinental, AZ-operated, DL flight: Flying Blue or Mille Miglia?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade on intercontinental, AZ-operated, DL flight: Flying Blue or Mille Miglia?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2008, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SkyTeam: AF/KL Gold. Star Alliance: CM Gold; AV Gold; UA. OneWorld: BA Sapphire
Question Upgrade on intercontinental, AZ-operated, DL flight: Flying Blue or Mille Miglia?

Hi everyone.

I'm flying BOS-FCO this Saturday on a DL ticket, my direct flight has a DL # but it's operated by AZ.

I'm booked on Y and the flight is operated with the old seat-configuration 767, so I would really like to maximise my chances of an upgrade...

Do you think I am more likely to get it with my Flying Blue card (I am Gold, Elite Plus) or my Mille Miglia card (where I am Ulisse, i.e. Elite/Silver, but with the FF programme of the carrier operating the flight)?

At BOS I'll be checking in with AZ of course... I'm not sure which card would impress them most!

Thanks in advance for any tips!
Old Dec 5, 2008, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
You can tell us what happened but my answer with AZ would be neither. They don't seem to give a s--t about other Skyteam cards...
Old Dec 5, 2008, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by orbitmic
You can tell us what happened but my answer with AZ would be neither. They don't seem to give a s--t about other Skyteam cards...
The only time I was upgraded ... was when the AZ flight was cancelled and replaced by an Emirates flight!!
Old Dec 15, 2008, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SkyTeam: AF/KL Gold. Star Alliance: CM Gold; AV Gold; UA. OneWorld: BA Sapphire
Cool

Flew on my FB E+ card... Did NOT get upgraded... Must say the flight was 70% empty though (only 1 passanger in Magnifica).

Wish my next long-haul AZ flight was cancelled and I was offered a seat in Emirates business class instead!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.