Wiki Posts
Search

Whick SkyTeam to HKG in Business Class?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2007, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Whick SkyTeam to HKG in Business Class?

Planning a trip PNS - HKG in the fall of '08 and can't stand the thought of Y all the way, so will probably spring for Business. Would like to stay with SkyTeam, but I'll stray if need be. DL and Korean Air both go that way. Any thoughts on level of service, comfort, etc on different airlines going to HKG from the South USA?

Edit - Just realized it's probably a lot cheaper to book two flights, one domestic to the west coast, then to HKG. That broadens the mix to include Philippine Air and the Asian carriers. Price is an issue, so best service for lowest price is the search criteria. Thanks!

Last edited by dd992emo; Dec 14, 2007 at 6:29 am
Old Dec 14, 2007, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ke atl-icn-hkg
Old Dec 14, 2007, 7:24 am
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
I don't know how much longer it would be, but you could try AF from ATL-CDG-HKG.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 10:01 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow the discussion in our SkyTeam Alliance forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz
Old Dec 14, 2007, 10:43 am

Programs: Korean Air, Lufthansa M&M, SPG ,United Mileage Plus
KE-DL. DL PNS-ATL
then KE ATL-ICN-HKG..

KE has great service.

Originally Posted by dd992emo
Planning a trip PNS - HKG in the fall of '08 and can't stand the thought of Y all the way, so will probably spring for Business. Would like to stay with SkyTeam, but I'll stray if need be. DL and Korean Air both go that way. Any thoughts on level of service, comfort, etc on different airlines going to HKG from the South USA?

Edit - Just realized it's probably a lot cheaper to book two flights, one domestic to the west coast, then to HKG. That broadens the mix to include Philippine Air and the Asian carriers. Price is an issue, so best service for lowest price is the search criteria. Thanks!
Old Dec 14, 2007, 9:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

PNS-DL-ATL-DL/CO-EWR-CO-HKG is another option. So is PNS-IAH-NRT-HKG on a CO/NW routing.

You don't say which carrier you want to earn on, but there are also the BR flights via TPE that earn miles on CO, and they have a decent E+ option if you want to not spend a fortune.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
If you can wait until mid November and stay at least 6 days, NW has a deep discounted BC fare that has run $2,500-$2,700 a/i from the west coast to Asia the past few years (ZRHOL/ZRXHOL). Otherwise angeltravel.com has NW consolidator WBC fares for about the same.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 12:41 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
I've done KE a couple of times for ~$3k from the west coast (booked ~2 weeks out). No complaints at all - very sleepable seat, good all round service. ICN is a nice airport to connect through - KE lounges are good.

Another option is BR; not ST but you do get CO EQMs. Often have fares through TPE for a shade under $3k. All BR planes have the upgraded PL seats now. BR premium economy is often <$1k, and is also reasonably sleepable.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 12:37 pm

Programs: nwaworldperks gold, cathay pacific asia miles, bangkok airways
yes, i will continue to support NWA until or after any rumored mergers. the service on the asian legs continues to be great with the mostly asian crews but always a western purser on the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.