Wiki Posts
Search

lounge in MAD??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2007, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ,starwood gold, fairmont premier,Aeromexico Platino
lounge in MAD??

I am flying business clas with Aeromexico from MEX to MAD, then connecting with KO to Prague also in BC.
Any clue about what lounge these connection would provide??

Thanks for any help!!
Old Dec 9, 2007, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA Silver
There is no dedicated ST lounge in Madrid, although I have been admitted to Sala Tauromachia on the strength of my NW WorldClub membership. I recall that other ST partners have access there, but you might want to doublecheck.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your response!

I just noticed that my AM flight arrives at T1 and my KO flight departs from T4 Satellite. My connection time is 2:30 minutes. Maybe no time at all to use a lounge!!!
Is it easy to change terminals at this airport? It will be the first time i fly there.

Thanks
Old Dec 9, 2007, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hello!
I am sure I've read/heard that there is a DL lounge buried somewhere (T1?), but I've not been to it as my only extra-EU flight from MAD has been on Santa Barbara, so no ST privileges. The Tauromaquia at T2 is what KL/AF/UX use for most of their flights, and it's a great lounge IMHO, but it's obviously not going to be any good to you- besides it's a contract lounge and you aren't going to get an invite unless you depart from T2.
I've never been to the T4; it's separate from the rest of the airport but you'll still have time to make use of it.
I presume that for your flight to Prague you will be on Czech Airlines (OK) and not Alaska Central Express (KO)! If that's the case, you may want to have a look at this thread which I only started a few days ago. Short answer: you get to use the local hub carrier's flagship facility- couldn't ask for more really! ^
Old Dec 15, 2007, 9:55 am

Programs: DL Silver, CO Silver, AA, Wyndham ByRequest
Originally Posted by mitchdew
My connection time is 2:30 minutes.
Good luck! My only time through there, I had a two hour connection between Terminal 4 and 4 Satellite (a 5 minute underground ride) and barely made it because of insane lines at immigration. You can take the Metro from T's 1,2 and 3 to T4. Hopefully it'll be a little smoother for you.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Smailtronic
Good luck! My only time through there, I had a two hour connection between Terminal 4 and 4 Satellite (a 5 minute underground ride) and barely made it because of insane lines at immigration. You can take the Metro from T's 1,2 and 3 to T4. Hopefully it'll be a little smoother for you.

In these cases, the way to do it is by going out landside then back in.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

I guess then that they will make us go through immigration at T1(arrival) .
Don't they have a system to send the passengers in transit without the local immigration process?
The last time i flew from Mexico city to PRG through Paris(CDG) i never saw immigration until we arrived to our final destination.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by graraps
In these cases, the way to do it is by going out landside then back in.
That's what I had to do! Fortunately my bags were checked through and it only took about 15 minutes because I was sprinting the whole time. I arrived from LHR at T4S and was catching a connection to OPO in T4, but had to clear passport control in T4S and pick up my onward ticket landside at the Iberia check-in counter. I have never run so fast in my life.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 3:46 pm

Don't they have a system to send the passengers in transit without the local immigration process?
I misspoke. The lines were at passport control, not immigration.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

then, there is no way that we can keep airside while been shuttled to the right gates on T4 Satellite?
Old Dec 18, 2007, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Thanks for your response!

I just noticed that my AM flight arrives at T1 and my KO flight departs from T4 Satellite. My connection time is 2:30 minutes. Maybe no time at all to use a lounge!!!
Is it easy to change terminals at this airport? It will be the first time i fly there.

Thanks
As others have mentioned, it is hell to transfer between terminals and you should not waste time to a non-T4 lounge. (Sorry... did not realize that OK as a ST member would depart from T4.)

T4 is a completely different beast...
Old Dec 18, 2007, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info!
are we going to go through immigration before leaving the terminal 1 to catch the bus that will take us to T4? I saw a map of the airport and seems like they do not have buses for passengers in transit(it sucks!!).
Hopefully AM will give me a boarding pass for the segment MAD to PRG , that way i won't have to wait at the Czech airline counter for a new one.
Also, more passport control before boarding the PRG flight??

Logistics for this trip will be hard!!
Old Dec 19, 2007, 11:31 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
I misspoke. The lines were at passport control, not immigration.
Passport control IS the immigration. The only other control that exists on international arrivals is Customs (but rarely strictly enforced).
Old Dec 19, 2007, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by asnovici
Passport control IS the immigration. The only other control that exists on international arrivals is Customs (but rarely strictly enforced).
Cool, thanks for the clarification.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.