Search

China Southern & KLM - Which Mileage?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2016, 8:41 pm
Set
Original Poster

China Southern & KLM - Which Mileage?

HI all,

Will be travelling on both KLM and China Southern in the next few months.

KLM will be short flights, China Southern will be LHR-MEL return. All economy.

Any recommendations which SkyTeam mileage system to join?

Which airline in SkyTeam has the best and quickest options to get to a high level?

What I'm after is priority checkin, extra baggage and lounge access.

Any thoughts about Europa Air?
Thanks!

Last edited by Set; Jul 13, 2016 at 9:08 pm Reason: Added last sentence
Old Jul 14, 2016, 8:43 am
Set
Original Poster

162 views and no replies yet

Old Jul 14, 2016, 10:24 pm
Set
Original Poster

Please?
Old Jul 14, 2016, 10:48 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Probably no one has any good ideas? It will likely depend on things like just how many trips you mean that you're taking, where you're based, and what your future travel plans look like that will take advantage of any status you earn.

CZ credited to DL for example is going to be pretty crappy:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-southern.html

wouldn't surprise me if other partners are similar. You can also look at wheretocredit.com.

Otherwise if no one has anything to contribute you'll just have to do your own research :-/
Old Jul 15, 2016, 7:12 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Be aware that many cheap fares only earn miles with the operating airline, and may be only a small percentage of the distance.

The best programme depends on your travel patterns and what you are looking for (awards, upgrades, or status benefits).
Old Jul 15, 2016, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Set
KLM will be short flights, China Southern will be LHR-MEL return. All economy.
Any recommendations which SkyTeam mileage system to join?
Which airline in SkyTeam has the best and quickest options to get to a high level?
What I'm after is priority checkin, extra baggage and lounge access.
What is your definition of best?
Refer to post above www.wheretocredit.com
The airline you fly most or an airline of the country you live is the best ffp for many people. Generally however you are better earning on your primary airline due to greater recognition, better service when disruptions, ability to upgrade flights and possible operation upgrades.

Earning miles from non flying activities is easier with an airline of your home country.

Frequent flyer miles are not equal to earn or burn.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...help-here.html
Old Jul 21, 2016, 9:09 am
Set
Original Poster

Thanks to all who took the time to reply.

One thing I haven't seen anyone discuss is how choosing one airline, or flying with one airline affects using the mileage for a free ticket on another partner airline. Included in this is the matter of who charges what taxes etc.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 9:18 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Set
Thanks to all who took the time to reply.

One thing I haven't seen anyone discuss is how choosing one airline, or flying with one airline affects using the mileage for a free ticket on another partner airline. Included in this is the matter of who charges what taxes etc.
I myself can be quite lazy and will sometimes ask for some support from the folks here at FT instead of doing the research.

But my goodness sir... before you ask I will most certainly not take the teabag out of your cup as I well and truly imagine that is what you will expect.

The reason nobody replied is because your question was extremely broad.

Anyway, go with KLM / Air France. They have good customer service and everything is user friendly and simple. Their award chart and award booking is simple.

Some may say CZ is better but that would require significantly more work and I get the gist that you are similar to myself, time is money. Convenience is key.

Happy Friday!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.