Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Dont ever use SIXT car rental - they take money from a credit card!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dont ever use SIXT car rental - they take money from a credit card!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 2:55 pm

Programs: HH gold, Marriott PLT, LH FTL, A3 *G, IHG Plat Ambassador, CC Gold, Mileage+ Silver, TK Elite
doesn't matter who ..

Doesn't matter who you rent from but in my opinion this is common business at Brussels Airport. I have rented from 3 other companies (Europcar, Avis and Sixt) and had the same issue. I even had signed bills and still they found damage afterwards ... off course

Originally Posted by frafikov
Never ever rent a car from Sixt, under no circumstances.
here is my story
We rented a Nissan Qashqai at Brussels airport on Feb 15, 2014 and returned the car the same day to the same location without any scratch. To our surprise the attendant immediately spotted (seemed he knew about that) minor scratches on front and rear bumpers of the car and blamed our group in the damage. Looks they knew about that damage and want everyone to pay for that. Very profitable business, isn't it?
4 months later sixt emailed the invoice for 790.55 EUROs for so-called repairs of the damages. We did NOT damage the car. After several email exchanges with their customer reps the bill was reduced as a gesture of goodwill to only 300 EUROs.

After reading multiple similar stories online about fraudulent damage claims by sixt I've decided to make the case public and warn people not to rent any cars from sixt. They'll blame you in non-existent damages, steal money from your credit cards and refuse to admit their criminal acts.

NEVER EVER RENT A CAR FROM SIXT!!!! PAY COUPLE BUCKS MORE, BUT RENT FROM A REPUTABLE AND TRUSTWORTHY COMPANY.

I'll be distributing this story everywhere and will ask my friends to help me.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 6:39 am

I had a prepaid reservation in munich for May rental. I have found out that i was booked the wrong location. A couple days later, I emailed the customer service for the help if they can allow me to cancel the reservation and rebook the other one.
He said that he will cancel for me with free charge if i rebook the other prepaid reservation in another location.

After i cancel the first reservation and rebook the other one. They still charge me 123.26EUR without fully 451.99 EUR refund. Please help me with this. I have followed the customer representative, but still get charged?
Old Mar 22, 2015, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by CuckooPeggy Yang
After i cancel the first reservation and rebook the other one. They still charge me 123.26EUR without fully 451.99 EUR refund. Please help me with this. I have followed the customer representative, but still get charged?
I don't follow your numbers here?

451.99 was the amount for the first wrong rental? Then you booked the car at another station and paid another 123.26 extra? If so, I guess you either booked a more expensive car or the same car was more expensive in the other station which could be e.g. for premium locations like stations or airports.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 4:34 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Sixt Customer Service

Hi,

Can you please send me a private message with both reservation numbers and I will be sure to look into this further for you.

Thanks, Ruth.

Originally Posted by CuckooPeggy Yang
I had a prepaid reservation in munich for May rental. I have found out that i was booked the wrong location. A couple days later, I emailed the customer service for the help if they can allow me to cancel the reservation and rebook the other one.
He said that he will cancel for me with free charge if i rebook the other prepaid reservation in another location.

Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:17 pm

Angry Sixt Brussels- terrible service and miss sold

Called in to complain as I had extra charges to my recent rental.

When I arrived at the office and gave my details I was firstly told they didn't have a car for me as I 'booked to late'. after explaining I had booked two days previous she looked it up then found my booking.

She then quoted the price of nearly 300 euros, which I knew sounded to high as I booked in pounds at around £120, she then re quoted and I asked if that was the same as my original booking as that is what I wanted, she said she didn't know and that this was it in euro's and didn't know what it would be in pounds.

After reviewing later on that day I could see she had added on extra charges which I had not asked for.

At the time of booking she printed out the 'contract' receipt ran through it extremely quickly getting me to sign at the bottom without fully explaining everything. There was then no one to meet me down when I picked up the car and I had to inspected myself.

I am extremely annoyed at this service and have just been informed they will not reimburse me as I signed at the bottom of the contact (event though I was miss sold by adding Collision/Damage waiver and the Glass/Tyre) .

The Service delivered in store was terrible and I feel I was completely miss sold.

Funny enough Sixt are clients at my work and know that there MD and other executive would be pretty upset if we added on charges without explaining fully what they were.

After the lack of help I have had I wouldn't rent a car from here again ( rent 4-5 times a year) and wouldn't recommend it to anyone, including for business use.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 3:22 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi Dominic,

I'm happy we managed to your resolve your issue yeserday and I hope you are pleased with the outcome.
Should you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact me again.

Best Regards

Pete - Customer Services Team.

Originally Posted by dominic.ottery
Called in to complain as I had extra charges to my recent rental.

When I arrived at the office and gave my details I was firstly told they didn't have a car for me as I 'booked to late'. after explaining I had booked two days previous she looked it up then found my booking.

She then quoted the price of nearly 300 euros, which I knew sounded to high as I booked in pounds at around £120, she then re quoted and I asked if that was the same as my original booking as that is what I wanted, she said she didn't know and that this was it in euro's and didn't know what it would be in pounds.

After reviewing later on that day I could see she had added on extra charges which I had not asked for.

At the time of booking she printed out the 'contract' receipt ran through it extremely quickly getting me to sign at the bottom without fully explaining everything. There was then no one to meet me down when I picked up the car and I had to inspected myself.

I am extremely annoyed at this service and have just been informed they will not reimburse me as I signed at the bottom of the contact (event though I was miss sold by adding Collision/Damage waiver and the Glass/Tyre) .

The Service delivered in store was terrible and I feel I was completely miss sold.

Funny enough Sixt are clients at my work and know that there MD and other executive would be pretty upset if we added on charges without explaining fully what they were.

After the lack of help I have had I wouldn't rent a car from here again ( rent 4-5 times a year) and wouldn't recommend it to anyone, including for business use.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:47 pm

SIXT a car rental company that part of their income is overcharging your CC

I have rented cars from SIXT mostly in Germany and other parts of Europe. .

First each time you have to go through their forcing extra insurance sale, which will take you anywhere from half an hour to one hour if you don’t want it.

Second, your CC is not safe with them, where ever they will, they charge for anything they want.

Last case with them, just past January in Spain, after paying whatever I supposed to pay, two moths later they came with two charges without explanation, I disputed with my bank, and they were denied payment, Sixt came back with more charge ten days later, , this time I had to call my bank and ask to block them from any further charge.

Take your business elsewhere if you want your CC be safe.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alanabd
I have rented cars from SIXT mostly in Germany and other parts of Europe. .

First each time you have to go through their forcing extra insurance sale, which will take you anywhere from half an hour to one hour if you don’t want it.

Second, your CC is not safe with them, where ever they will, they charge for anything they want.

Last case with them, just past January in Spain, after paying whatever I supposed to pay, two moths later they came with two charges without explanation, I disputed with my bank, and they were denied payment, Sixt came back with more charge ten days later, , this time I had to call my bank and ask to block them from any further charge.

Take your business elsewhere if you want your CC be safe.
Not sure what the point is of reviving an old thread with a rant like this, lacking all detail that could be needed to clarify the issue.

I have rented with Sixt in Germany, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Belgium, Chile. Only additional charge I ever had on my credit card was an administrative fee for a speeding ticket. Just like I had similar charges from Hertz and Avis. These fit within terms and conditions. Would they dispute the credit card cancellation, you would lose eventiually.
jackal likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.